Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

HOW IT'S REALLY WORKS...

alphakazi

fo you - I ha wery goo deaw!

iabounty

Welcome back Luthier. Nice to read your posts again...... I agree, nothing shadier than a Chinese business man. Everybody's gotta eat though and the watch market is a red hot money maker all over the world. I can imagine people die every day attempting to get a piece of that pie. I am content to be a buyer and not a seller.

alphakazi

roger that bounty

Luthier
Welcome back Luthier. Nice to read your posts again...... I agree, nothing shadier than a Chinese business man. Everybody's gotta eat though and the watch market is a red hot money maker all over the world. I can imagine people die every day attempting to get a piece of that pie. I am content to be a buyer and not a seller.

Thanks, IA!

Nobody die, cuz nobody dare to try to interfere, everything is divided and established. But, man, oh, man, it's really huge money.

I'm dealing with chinese for 10 years, and it's very important to know unwritten rules there.

When I came there first time- I was fucked up in 5 minutes, and it took years to learn, how to deal with them.

greg_r
When I came there first time- I was fucked up in 5 minutes, and it took years to learn, how to deal with them.

That I believe... I always suspected that was the reason why my friend married a Chinese girl.... :)

Luthier

That I believe... I always suspected that was the reason why my friend married a Chinese girl.... :)

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I know what'd you mean. Been there, done that... Girls helps a lot.

oscarmadfish

*roger that bounty*

oh dear alpha wants to roger bounty :)

greg_r
Girls helps a lot.

:) no argument

trailboss99
Col,

a few month ago the Chinese autorities closed a factory who produced Ebel rep watches.

This factory was producing gen Ebel cases and different parts. This factory was producing Ebel reps on the side. Ebel known this, but all this little world was living together and happy. Business is business,

The Ebel company asked for reduced production prices, Chinese said no. So Ebel took vengeance, informed Chinese autorities about reps, the factory was closed.

This is a true story.

Also, some of this rep watch marketing/sales/websites is controlled mostly by East European cartel/mafia ? , not Chinese.

OKE, I don't doubt your word mate but I am stunned. No wonder it's such a great rep. Pity they didn't do the pushers as well. I am surprised Ebel acepted this because at the price point of a Disco the reps must hurt gen sales. They are bought by a different market than a Rolex or such like. A market that would be more willing to buy a rep instead. After all the gen is only about two and a half in the States yes?

Col.

alphakazi
*roger that bounty*

oh dear alpha wants to roger bounty :)

oh dear oscar wants to

goat.jpg

kazi likes :

sexy-firefox1.jpg

oscar likes :

goat3a-796204.jpg

nuff said...

RolexAddict

o.k Luthier, thats right, I don't really know Chinese people and mentality,

I sent you a pm, need your opinion.

col, lot of European watch manufacturer use Chinese factories to produce models, in Europe we have lot of cars with Chinese aftermarket parts installed.

The rule in France for jewelery, clothes, mechanic etc. etc. If the total overseas production doesn't exed a certain amount (don't have right now the exact average) the manufacturer has still the right to stamp "made in France"

Lacoste tennis clothes are produced in China and Thailand. In Bangkok you can buy for 1/10 the price Lacoste shirts, they are gen, just rejected from the quality control, or just a local special market... Same for Levis jeans made under licence in Turquey

Some European airlines use generic parts made in China in their Airbus A320 series. This is now a big problem, so Airbus company has signed with Chineses to start in 2011 a gen Airbus parts and aircrafts assembling factory in China...

Rep watches production mixed in gen factories is not a big deal and not at all a problem for Occidental governments, just peanuts. Who cares about Ebel, Vuitton, Rolex...? compared with rep medical stuff and drugs, aircraft rep parts etc.

This is really a pain for the world

trailboss99

Rep aircraft parts. Ho boy! It's a huge problem in Africa. One that nearly cost me dearly on more than a few occaisions.

I didn't think for a moment that the Gov would care a tinkers dam but I thought Ebel would.

Sconehead: I know who robbie is. He has at least six zeros on his bank account. Honest.

Lutiher: do you want me to continue to post Robbie's replies here? Up to you as long as you don't shoot the mesenger. I feel a little caught in the middle here as I know and respect both of you.

Col.

Luthier
Rep aircraft parts. Ho boy! It's a huge problem in Africa. One that nearly cost me dearly on more than a few occaisions.

I didn't think for a moment that the Gov would care a tinkers dam but I thought Ebel would.

Sconehead: I know who robbie is. He has at least six zeros on his bank account. Honest.

Lutiher: do you want me to continue to post Robbie's replies here? Up to you as long as you don't shoot the mesenger. I feel a little caught in the middle here as I know and respect both of you.

Col.

RA, I didn't get your PM. Send again, please.

Col, I'm not interested in stepping into arguments with a person, who don't know, whatdahestakingebaut.

I can argue wit a person, who lived in China at least a year-two, and know the field, but such a person would be agree with me on 100%. So, leave Robbie alone, let him talk whatever he wants, no any offence to me. I just don't care. He is just a narcissic person, desperately seeking for attention.

sconehead

Col.

You've jogged my memory...an ex-popstar, yes?

greg_r

Col.

You've jogged my memory...an ex-popstar, yes?

Yup

sconehead

One gay cowboy to another, ''Yup'', ''Yep''... :lol:

AllergyDoc

Sconehead's gay? Greg's gay?

sconehead

We'll be whatever you want us to be...just don't tell our wives... :lol:

onzenuub
Sconehead's gay? Greg's gay?

Didn't you know?

sconehead

Does this mean we can post wristshots of our Gaytonas now we've been rumbled Greg? :lol:

RolexAddict

sorry, no offence here, we are all friends and we love girls and fuck and beer and guns, no doubt,

but : really, I noticed the watch collector world is full of gays,

I repeat, no offence here on this board,

Edited by RolexAddict

greg_r
Does this mean we can post wristshots of our Gaytonas now we've been rumbled Greg? :thumbsup:

Well damn. You had to give it away, didn't you? :lol:

Here's Sconehead and me at a party (Sconehead is on the left):

drag.jpg

Don't tell our wives...

:Jumpy:

onzenuub
Does this mean we can post wristshots of our Gaytonas now we've been rumbled Greg? :thumbsup:

drag.jpg

Don't tell our wives...

She allready knows Greg, we found your outfit in your secret hiding place.

greg_r
Does this mean we can post wristshots of our Gaytonas now we've been rumbled Greg? :Jumpy:

drag.jpg

Don't tell our wives...

She allready knows Greg, we found your outfit in your secret hiding place.

Actually, it's her outfit....

:thumbsup:

Actually I lied. I'm really extremely straight. Honest. :groucho:

RolexAddict

:thumbsup::Jumpy::groucho::Jumpy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:lol: