Sign in to follow this  
Del

Seiko Prospex on leather...

Del

While I love the rubber strap on my new Seiko Prospex, I fancied trying it on leather to enable me to wear it more comfortably to work on occasion (the rubber strap is quite long - something like 140/80mm). I looked at getting a strap with coloured thread to either match the orange on the bezel or the blue GMT hand/numerals but I really didn't want it to be too "in yer face" since the watch itself is quite a head-turner already! I therefore decided to stick to a relatively plain, black leather with either off-white or black stitching - sometimes, less is more! :D

I ended up taking a punt on a strap that I saw on Amazon. The maker is Dassari (which I'd never heard of) but I did some research, found their website, read some reviews and decided that they were worth a try - especially since the strap was only £21.99 (reduced from £34.99). The specifications were what I was looking for too:- 24/24mm, 4mm thick, not too long (75/120mm) and with a good buckle. It even came in a presentation box with spare springbars. The link to Amazon is:-

http://www.amazon.co...ze+24%2F24+24mm

So I tried it on the Seiko this afternoon and I'm rather pleased with the result! :)

Here are some quick snaps - what do you think? :popcorn:

19778768851_77fa8568e1_b.jpg

P7175450 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

19585999050_124243911c_b.jpg

P7175452 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

19585995670_3d070cb066_b.jpg

P7175453 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

19778757291_d5ba495162_b.jpg

P7175454 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

19585977730_7c57488b95_b.jpg

P7175470 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

19587412409_7d08d5f67f_b.jpg

P7175468 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

19778750081_c31bef303d_b.jpg

P7175466 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

19586002458_3080cf9359_b.jpg

P7175461 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

BanDiDo

Wow! It's stunning. It is a perfect marriage.

WatchDog21

Looks great Del. Nice fit all around and looks like it does wear rather well.

griffon22

lovely match ,looks real snug. i am still waiting on my Seiko , apparently coming from a contact in europe, he confirmed the low price though and I can hardly wait after seeing your pics .I already have a lovely soft 24 mm strap with a woven carbon finish , but with orange stitching ,waiting for the new arrival.

keep the pics coming , like a drug to me . cant get enough :giggle:

Del

Thanks guys. :)

I meant to say, that the strap is really nicely finished and is very soft - hence the "snug" look in the pics. It just wraps around your wrist comfortably. Time will tell how it well it wears with use but for £22 delivered it honestly feels like a real bargain.

Del

I just re-read my first post and wanted to say that I don't think having a strap with coloured stitching (orange or whatever) would be a bad combo - sorry if it came across that way! For me though, I wanted something less bold for wearing to work, simple as that!

I love the Hirsch "Robby" sailcloth strap with the yellow stitching that cmdErrX has on his Prospex - I was sorely tempted to buy the orange version for my watch as I think it would be a perfect combo but it wouldn't have given me the more conservative appearance that I was looking for. Horses for courses...;)

Thanks again chaps! :thumbsup2:

Gazzla

Yeah, that works. :thumbsup2:

Kwt

This Panerai-esque strap looks good!

tonyh7

Looks really good. I've got a baby tuna incoming - also on rubber. Wonder if that strap would work with it?

Del

Thanks all. :)

Yes, the strap is actually advertised as a Panerai replacement strap and has a pre-V type buckle so it would work well on a 111 or even a 243.

Del
Looks really good. I've got a baby tuna incoming - also on rubber. Wonder if that strap would work with it?

Might do but you'll need to check the lug width - I'm not 100% sure about the size of the baby tuna.

TheTinMan

I love the strap. I think the white stitching is bang on. Not a big fan of the buckle though.

Del
I love the strap. I think the white stitching is bang on. Not a big fan of the buckle though.

Cheers! :)

I quite like the buckle actually! Not sure what options I have with 24mm buckles but I might have a look around - a PVD buckle would be ideal tbh.

Mazz

Try an isofrane strap that's what I have mine on

Del

They cost a fortune here mate! (£90+ for a 24mm - I'd never pay that for a rubber strap, especially when the Seiko one is so good)

Tits McGee

I have the same strap Dan Migliore made for me. I love it. Looks beautiful Del, but the way you handle a camera... a dog turd would look great!

Del
I have the same strap Dan Migliore made for me. I love it. Looks beautiful Del, but the way you handle a camera... a dog turd would look great!

:lol: Thanks mate!

Mazz

They cost a fortune here mate! (£90+ for a 24mm - I'd never pay that for a rubber strap, especially when the Seiko one is so good)

an isofrane is worth it

Mike on a bike

Killing me mate, now I want this the Helson and couple of reps I saw M2M here and there.................... I need another full time job!

Del
Killing me mate, now I want this the Helson and couple of reps I saw M2M here and there.................... I need another full time job!

:lol:

There's always another one....! :D

TheSav

Looks good del. however if you want an isofrane I say go for it. They are worth every penny. Best rubber strap bar none.

Mazz

Looks good del. however if you want an isofrane I say go for it. They are worth every penny. Best rubber strap bar none.

This

Del

I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on one then! :D

dragonman4

That looks really good. Nice find I'll have to look into that company.

NFleischer

Yes that looks good mate. And- a real deal! I could see that on a PAM very easily too.