Sign in to follow this  
aargh

Handed over to Customs

aargh

anyone have their watch get stuck in "Handed over to Customs" state recently? On the EMS tracking page, my watch has been in the "Handed over to Customs" state since 12/31, anyone else in this boat?

anyone know how long does it usually chill out there? this is my first rep and I'm getting really anxious

Drhulee

Depends a lot upon which country you are referring to. But using Canada as an example, customs usually has the parcel from 2 to 4 days before releasing it. But it varies a lot, it can go in and out of customs in the same hour, or take more than a week. Lately a lot of members on other rep fora have been reporting long customs delays though .. so I would not worry about it, and just give it a few more days.

stiltzkin
anyone have their watch get stuck in "Handed over to Customs" state recently? On the EMS tracking page, my watch has been in the "Handed over to Customs" state since 12/31, anyone else in this boat?

anyone know how long does it usually chill out there? this is my first rep and I'm getting really anxious

Asuming your in the UK, same boat here, but got a post office card on the mat tonight... And I can't think what else it would be...

Also happened last month, stuck in that star for a week and turned up before the status changed...

Fair to say that EMS tracking portal is shit at best, once the package has left china...

w204

If you are in the States, normally that just means it is in queue for customs examination. Very normal as packages from China will go into one of the "customs centers" like Los Angeles. Nothing to worry about unless they contact you about something. Usually EMS doesn't update much after it reaches the shores. Your status could very well be in the same town you live at this moment.

Relax. :)

djprone

nothing to worry about. I'm sure customs centres around the world still have a back log of parcels because of the christmas rush.

NFleischer

My 288 has been stuck in NY Customs for about a week already. I was getting nervous, usually seems to pass right through.

I was wonering if they may be paying more attention to reps.

stiltzkin
My 288 has been stuck in NY Customs for about a week already. I was getting nervous, usually seems to pass right through.

I doubt it... I really don't understand why customs give a shit about rep anything!! It's surely not their job to protect the IP of a private company... Any infringement of IP is a civil matter for the majority of the world and not a legal matter.

JohnG

I doubt it... I really don't understand why customs give a shit about rep anything!! It's surely not their job to protect the IP of a private company... Any infringement of IP is a civil matter for the majority of the world and not a legal matter.

It IS a legal matter - I think you meant to say "criminal" matter - but it is that as well in most countries.

As to whether it is their job - it IS one of Customs Services' responsibilities (in most countries) to intercept counterfeit products. Companies pay fat fees to have governments recognize and protect their intellectual property rights.

aargh

well the watch arrived today, no worries here!

JohnG

PICS OR IT NEVER HAPPENED

aargh

Here it is...

5328289291_764cbfa827.jpg

The rep looks good at first glance, but upon closer inspection there are some inaccuracies. see if you can spot them!

JohnG

You can't fool ME, that's a picture of a gen!

Here it is...

5328289291_764cbfa827.jpg

The rep looks good at first glance, but upon closer inspection there are some inaccuracies. see if you can spot them!