Sign in to follow this  
mattcone

looking for trustworthy online store

mattcone

I am looking to buy a replica Deep Sea Sea Dweller DSSD. I found a site and asked some questions - such as, what is the best and most reliable movement? Is there a difference between the $100 replica and the $450 replica? I am looking for the best replica along with a good value. Is there a warranty?I was looking at one called "FINAL VERSION" with the 3135 swiss movement and it was listed for $450. I am looking for some answer and found this forum - any suggestions are welcome.

thanks, Dave

JohnG
I am looking to buy a replica Deep Sea Sea Dweller DSSD. I found a site and asked some questions - such as, what is the best and most reliable movement? Is there a difference between the $100 replica and the $450 replica? I am looking for the best replica along with a good value. Is there a warranty?I was looking at one called "FINAL VERSION" with the 3135 swiss movement and it was listed for $450. I am looking for some answer and found this forum - any suggestions are welcome.

thanks, Dave

Welcome to the forum!

There are a number of dealers here that are trustworthy - meaning that they have been used by members here and have proven themselves to be reliable and trustworthy.

If you scroll down the main index page, you will find a list of dealers. I would buy from one of them, if you buy from random sites that are unknown, you may pay too much or not get your watch or have no warranty if it arrives defective.

"prestigewatch company" - a dealer here - has an inexpensive version of that watch for under $150, I think. There are many versions, some running up to close to $400, but if you are new to reps, buy the lower end one to start - I fell linto the trap of buying high end replicas at first, then discovered the difference between them and the ones with cheaper movements but good cases/dials/etc. was MINIMAL. I now refuse to pay top dollar to get the "ultimate" version - 99.9999999% of the people will NEVER know the difference, hell, WE wouldn't know the difference if we didn't spend hours and hours comparing giant blown up pics of the genuine watches to the fakes...

Start off lower end and you will get an AWESOME watch and you will be able to get a different rep, all for what you could have paid for one....

wat44

lay has one for $88 - ive got it and its awesome

pollux1

+1 for what both John and wat said.

Balad1

I agree about buying lower cost and working your way up once you have more knowledge.

I have bought both the Stainless Steel and black PVD version from Lay and have been very pleased with the watches ($88/$98) Lay is a trusted dealer and has excellent service.

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?products_id=1767

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?products_id=1769

Edited by Balad1

AllergyDoc

Good advice from all. This is Lay's DSSD:

5079595361_619ee0d242_b.jpg

Drhulee
WE wouldn't know the difference if we didn't spend hours and hours comparing giant blown up pics of the genuine watches to the fakes...

But I like looking at pictures :irish_dance:

As the rest have said, the majority of people would not be able to tell the difference between the cheaper, but not necessarily lesser, 21J sub $150 reps and its genuine counterpart. And, depending upon the brand, even owners of the genuine ones would probably be fooled, especially when you're talking about some of the Ultimate $200-$300 reps. (eg. an Ultimate Rolex GMTIIC would fool most gen owners, even if they put their gen beside it - I've done this three times so far). Most gen owners just don't know what to look for, in order to spot a rep ... and, depending upon your 'circle', most probably just assume rep anyway.

So start off with a cheap 21J rep, then if you become attached to a particular model, upgrade and have the movement serviced for a rep that should last as long, and perform as well, as its gen counterpart.

But before doing anything, do some reading here about the particular model of rep you are interested in. If it is sold by our trusted dealers, it has probably been reviewed by one of the members :irish_dance:

Del

Hello and welcome :).

Glad you found RWG before making a mistake and buying from a scammer.

There is already a lot of good advice given above but if I could add that before buying anything you really should do your homework and read all the various threads on the board about buying reps, the movements, what to expect, etc, etc..

Then look at reviews, photos and the Trusted Dealer sections. After all that you will be in a much better position to decide what you want and from whom you wish to buy it.

Good luck :thumbsup2:.