Sign in to follow this  
thunder92

good guy watch for a girl?

thunder92

Want to get my wife a big watch.something sizewise like a Daytona. Maybe 38-40 mm. Nothing bigger.not a Rolex.suggestions?

Member X

Well I was about to suggest Rolex, but... :P

Some of the Omegas might suit (De Ville models or Seamaster models) or some of the Tags. Bell&Ross BR03 if she's happy to wear something bold lol Only a few 40mm PAMs out there. Perhaps a Breguet or similar dress watch? MBW PP Nautilus if you're feeling flush lol

Rolex would be ideal though - 36mm Explorer 1, 39mm Expl 1 2010, vintage Sub stuff, modern Sub or SeaDweller, GMT, YM, DJ or DD (36mm originals, not bigger 41mm new versions)...

wombosi

What do you think about a PAM 48?

Heidi-Klum-Panerai1.jpg

rychastings
What do you think about a PAM 48?

+1, I think Narikaa was selling a pam 48 a while back. He still has the listing on repgeek although I dont know if it is still in stock.

bimmerpilot
Want to get my wife a big watch.something sizewise like a Daytona. Maybe 38-40 mm. Nothing bigger.not a Rolex.suggestions?

"Guy" watch for "chick"? Member X was right on; Rolex.

Daytona, Submariner, Sea Dweller. A lady that can pull-off wearing a man's watch.. Priceless..

elledaytona.jpg

Though to make sure that you get the "right watch" for "her"; You might want to post a few photos of her. (boudoir pics are extremely effective in narrowing down the selection process :irish_dance: ).

In addition, You might want to read http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=9527 by Aren.

Best regards

SC

bimmerpilot

Nothing bigger. not a Rolex. suggestions?

'oops!.. 'missed that part of your post.

Excluding Rolex greatly simplifies the selection process (No boudoir photos needed).. Go with a nice TAG.

SC

w204

Other than Rolex, you may want to look at Breguets. Most of them are 7750's though. As for gifts, I rather gift a 2836 or DG2813 mainly because I don't expect most people to remember the rules of what not to do on an a7750. Ironically, most Rolexes save Daytonas are 2813/2836's.

thunder92

thanks for advise. I know I really with she'd go rolex but it ain't an option now. Maybe after she wears my submariner. I just found a nice burberry I think she'd like .40mm. Thanks

bimmerpilot
thanks for advise. I know I really with she'd go rolex but it ain't an option now. Maybe after she wears my submariner. I just found a nice burberry I think she'd like .40mm. Thanks

This thread is really subjective to both her personal style and what you are attempting to accomplish by purchasing a (rep) watch (for her).

Does your wife know that the watch is a rep (fake, "knock-off", etc)?

Am I missing something here?

regards,

SC

bimmerpilot
Other than Rolex, you may want to look at Breguets. Most of them are 7750's though. As for gifts, I rather gift a 2836 or DG2813 mainly because I don't expect most people to remember the rules of what not to do on an a7750. Ironically, most Rolexes save Daytonas are 2813/2836's.

W204: "remember the rules of what not to do on an a7750"..

"Chick"+"A7750 movement"..

:irish_dance: 'looking for a place to happen..

SC

NFleischer

Can't go wrong with a Rolex DJ- Salmon dial is nice.

Mystery Shopper

PAM 168 or Chanel J12 Marine maybe?

theflyingdutchman

...easy:

front2.jpg

Mik

I got my wife a J12 "men size" for Christmas.

We have chosen the white with “diamondsâ€. It was a surprise, but she was always stopping by and kept looking at it in the ADs window… Pictures don’t do justice to the watch. It is fantastic.

No one in the family of watch freaks could tell the difference, even at the AD store. (I think the only difference is the recessed date window).

Also she wears a lot a Dubey & Schaldenbrand flyback rattrapante and a Cartier Pacha (both gens and both around 38/39mm). The Dubey was initially purchased for me, but I think it’s too small…

Just my 2 cents…

Aren

I am a complete novice about watches, but from what I have read, I would not get an A7750, unless I was looking for just a bracelet not a timepiece. Unless you, or she is as skilled as KBH, I would avoid the A7750. It would look like disappointment down the road to me and that is not what I choose my gifts to represent. I don't think of the A7750 movements as watches. I think of them as time bombs. JMO

Look carefully at what she wears and looks at, and listen closely to what she says she likes.

I would personally choose an ultra reliable movement for a gift.

All the Best in your shopping endeavors. :D

NFleischer

The white J12 is also a great choice, ladies love 'em.

Lay has them for $78! I've already bought 3 as gifts.

The 38mm HBBB are nice- but no bling IMO

TAGster

My wife loves to wear my Submariner, so, I think a Rollie could do the trick.

rc42

One thing to consider is how often the watch will be worn, if its daily then no problems but if its every couple of days or just for special occasions then she's going to get fed up with setting the time. If that is going to be the case, get a winder to keep it in or better still go for a quartz.

Quartz is far more popular for ladies watches anyway, most ladies don't care about the amazing micro-engine inside a mechanical watch or that its got a beating heart and maybe even a 'soul', they generally just care about what colour it is and will it go with their clothes that day.

To any ladies that this posts offends I offer two things, firstly my apologies and secondly... ;)

pollux1

Rolex daydate or datejust, my wife has worn both and broken them too. My sis has my datejust II but she hasn't broken it yet, hell get a quartz it's much easier!

thunder92

Wow thanks all some great suggestions.I like a bunch of those. We'll see if shell wear my Submariner first.I don't think shell wear a Rolex still.that hublot is nice. Thanks!

darkdashing

anyone know a site that sells nice Dubey & Schaldenbrand reps?

Flave

In my experience, Dubey's generally aren't rep'd. The watch is fairly rare and has not garnered the mainstream popularity that would warrant replication. That being said, due to its relatively low popularity, great deals are available on the used market.