Sign in to follow this  
norrie

Planet Ocean Chronograph 9300 45mm question

norrie

Guys, anyone bought the latest 45mm 9300 chrono rep? Keen to hear some objective feedback. Disregarding the subdial at 3 and movement, is it close to gen on the wrist? I'm wondering if it's a must to go gen on this or not. Or rather, someone please stop me spending $5000.

Omega_guy

No one ever replies on here.

More activity on RWI

Kangol

Hi Norrie

I too am looking for a PO 9300 45mm Chrono.

I have whittled it down to two:

This from Marvellous

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/mrwatch/albums/11965673/

and this from Trusty

http://www.twgtwg.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=13054

The one from Marvellous has a fully working Chrono but the date doesn't look right. You can see the previous / next date numbers when looking at the watch from an angle.

The one from Trusty doesn't have a working Chrono (faux min/hour dial) but the date looks better.

Have you looked at these two as well? What are your thoughts?

Conquerer

For that Marvellous rep, the right dial works only as a minute counter. The hour hand does not move. Also it's not accurate either since that right dial is a minute dial (10 20 30) when the gen is an hour dial (12 3 6 9; can also count minutes with the ticks). The watch also has the wrong size, smaller non-chrono case and a pretty bad looking pearl.

The other model with the faux chrono is made by BP and is pretty good with the details (correct right dial and thicker case size, good pearl etc). The right dial is a faux because it's supposed to count both hours and minutes and no 7750 movement can account for that in the same subdial, so there probably won't be a fully working chrono of this model anytime soon. Best hope is probably that they at least get the minute hand working on that right dial like the other inaccurate one does.

Edited by Conquerer

norrie

Well… It's a keeper.

20988040634_87bcd964f0_c.jpg

norrie
21424227010_f2a2558ecf_c.jpg

Rg0576

That looks soooo good. I saw one on a guy riding the train about a month ago. I've had a hard on for one ever since.

norrie

It's very nice and, besides the movement and lug ends of the bracelet, is very, very close. The sub dial at 3 is non functioning but I don't use the chrono so it's a non-issue for me. I wore the gen for a while and compared to that, this BP holds up well. If you get one, ask your TD to QC hard for you including operation. I did and Sead went through 3 before he sent me QC pics of this one.

jbsails

Norrie...that watch looks amazing. Which TD did you purchase from?

norrie

Sead.