Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

Just got my GMT II and Minute hand sticks, worthless !

PeterWorcester

I can't begin to tell you all how bummed I am at receiving my new GMT II from Replicamake, after it taking 21 days to finally get here and the pictures looking great, only to find that the Minute hand can't make a complete hour revolution without sticking in various places, never the same place. It looses 5 minutes for every 15 that go buy and sometimes just sticks at various random places on the dial.

I am absolutely crushed because I've never felt a better replica in my life, it's weight and detail are near perfect but if the dog don't hunt (ie. Doesn't tell time) it isn't worth much to me.

What do I do now? Of course I will PM Lay and ask his advice but I am so upset that I may not want to take a chance on a second dud and just ask for a refund all together. This was the US $208 GMT II Black bezel watch and it looks and feels like my real GMT II almost exactly.

I am so crushed, I really am. I've never been more disappointed in my life. I was SO psyched when it arrived that I'm just devastated.

Oh well…

Peter

KBH

It's an easy fix. I have a GMT that did the same thing and I just took out the movement and re-set the hands. Check out Brightlight's section and have him look at it for you.

Akira
I am so crushed, I really am. I've never been more disappointed in my life. I was SO psyched when it arrived that I'm just devastated.

I wish I'd had your life, if this was the most disappointing thing ever happened to you.

Those things happen.

Lay is an excellent dealer and like KBH said it can be fixed.

Don't let it make your life miserable :blink:

PeterWorcester
It's an easy fix. I have a GMT that did the same thing and I just took out the movement and re-set the hands. Check out Brightlight's section and have him look at it for you.

KBH,

Who & Where is Brightlight ? I Don't have the tools to go and open up a watch or anything. I think that's beyond me , but thanks

Cheers,

Peter

ebzen02

I know the wait was long and it really sucks to get a watch that might not be working properly. But, you bought from a dealer with an excellent reputation that will make it right if he has to. It might be just a simple fix. Just, don't get discouraged.

Member X

Blimey, KBH is so old he's started repeating himself... ;) LoL :)

As above, though, don't worry too much about the movement/hands issue, it should be fixable. The point of the trusted dealers on here is that they won't just take your money and run, they will try and fix it - unlike the multitude of scam sites that exist to rob you, basically.

Can you see if the hands are catching on the markers or each other?

If they are that's probably the issue.

If not, it's probably a movement that's had a heavy impact while in transit, unfortunately.

It may need to be shipped back to Lay - he will tell you if so, and give you instructions to follow. As always, don't mention watches or reference numbers on forms or payments, unless it's to say 'watch parts $20', for example.

Oh, and only 21 days? I waited 4 months for my first rep (the dealer is no longer 'trusted' lol) and the WM9 Sea Dweller has been over 2 years... (and may never see the light of day... ho hum...)

Patience and expecting the worst are key qualities to have in this game - don't forget it's not like ordering from Amazon! lol :)

Welcome to your new wallet draining hobby ;) :P

Akira

Peter

sending the watch back to Lay might be more effort and expensive than sending it to BL

just keep this in mind.

PeterWorcester
Peter

sending the watch back to Lay might be more effort and expensive than sending it to BL

just keep this in mind.

All,

Thanks for everyone's support, already contacted Lay and the watch is on the way to Florida, and we are trying to work something out when he gets the watch tomorrow.

I'm just bummed because it was absolutely beautiful craftsmanship on the watch.

Thanks for everyone's support, great bunch here...

Peter

KBH
All,

Thanks for everyone's support, already contacted Lay and the watch is on the way to Florida, and we are trying to work something out when he gets the watch tomorrow.

Peter

Hmmm, is Lay in Florida this week? Maybe he can stop in for dinner. :)

sconehead

From what I've heard lately, Lay's service is fast becoming a benchmark for the other dealers...the little things count...:)

AllergyDoc

He's got a watch guy in FL.

Member X

Oh, cool!

ReplicaMake

Will arrange a new replacement when got your return buddy :)

Akira

:) great dealer

DenGNNJ
He's got a watch guy in FL.

NO WAY! .. If that's the case, that cinches it for me. ReplicaMake gets my business.

I've had to send back three watches for repair/replacement to China in the past two months. If I could have sent them to Florida, that would have saved me a lot of time, worry, and shipping $$$.

pollux1

:) great dealer

+1000 I reckon we have the best dealers bar none :P

Del

Really bad luck with the GMT but what great service from Lay :lol:.

Hang in there Peter, I'm sure it will all turn out good in the end :lol:.

wat44

lay is a really really good dealer

Edited by wat44

scope

Wow, You gotta love this place!

ebzen02

Lay has a guy in FL! Guess I will be dealing exclusively with Lay from now on..

trailboss99
Lay has a guy in FL!

If you didn't know that,

bling20dave.jpg

ebzen02

That is so wrong on so many levels..

PeterWorcester

As I mentioned in my original post, Lay has been great, an hour after I got my defective he had me shipping it to his person in FL. I told him of the dilemma and he immediately offered to replace, exchange or refund. The saddest part for me was I have NEVER seen better craftsmanship in a rep watch in my life and I've been into the gen watch hobby for many many years.

I tried a replica years ago and it was trash, this watch was GORGEOUS down to every detail, unfortunately what counted, telling time, wasn't working. That aside, I will never buy a watch from another maker again.

Just as a test I bought another watch from a trusted dealer, 4 days before I bought one from Lay and I still haven't received, it hasn't even left China yet, I contacted him and got some BS about storms, bad weather and the new year load. Looking at the EMS tracking, Lay's watch hit the GUANZUAN sorting facility on 1/1/2011, the other dealer's watch got there 2 days earlier on 12/30/2010 and is still there. Lay's watch arrived in CT in the US yesterday.

Needless to say I won't be using that other dealer ever again. I'd tell everyone who it is but I'm not that vindictive. If I don't receive it in a few days I will let loose on them like all hell broke loose. They didn't even have the courtesy to send me a tracking number until I emailed them to death.

Anyway Lay/ReplicaMake you are the best !!! Hands down !

Cheers all,

Peter

Edited by PeterWorcester

Del

If I don't receive it in a few days I will let loose on them like all hell broke loose. They didn't even have the courtesy to send me a tracking number until I emailed them to death.

You're quite a sensitive chap, aren't you....? :D