Sign in to follow this  
trojjan

Panatime strap so fragile?

trojjan

I posted earlier how I ordered a strap from panatime off of their eBay website for my radiomir and today it finally arrived in mail. The listing specifically noted that this strap is for radiomir, so I don't think I purchased the wrong size... I carefully replaced the straps and the edges "cracked" open. I'm a bit discouraged... I really hope it's not anything I did wrong on my end. I was very cautious when swapping the straps as the watch is only a week old. Anyone have any advice on what to do from hereon forward? I've included pics below to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Thanks

70b5874e_c.png

Click on thumbnail to enlarge.

Edited by trojjan

GenTLe

I have stopped to buy from them. Quite crappy things I have seen there :(

The eBay reikaye seller (Chimaera) ones are much better and for a better price!

GoW13

I bought a canvas strap from them. Like Gentle, I'm quite disappointed... My guess is, you didn't do anything wrong. It's just shit quality

greg_r

I've found Panatime to be a bit variable. Some of their straps are excellent, others not so good. I tend to buy elsewhere these days. Despite their low cost, I've found Sectime (on the trusted list) to be more consistent.

paulvillo
I've found Panatime to be a bit variable. Some of their straps are excellent, others not so good. I tend to buy elsewhere these days. Despite their low cost, I've found Sectime (on the trusted list) to be more consistent.

I'm in the same boat, as I've had good and bad experiences with them as well as other "cheap" brads such as Dassari.

In the end I've decided to stop filling my drawers with $30 straps and started looking into the $90 - $150 range.

Very noticeable difference IMHO, but that's quite personal and up to you.

Necromancer

I've just bought a very lightly used gen Panerai Ranger strap from ebay for my 448. I won it for £56 (around $87).

Its in incredible condition and looks hardly worn and it's buttery soft.

The supplied rep strap wasn't as bad as some but the difference in the gen strap is unbelievable.

P4GTR

panatime is really working their ass off to provide high quality straps and service. Send that strap back, they will take care of you. If you have any problems let me know.

The owners have made some very good contacts and purchased/invested in high end production. You will see a lot of innovative offerings from panatime rolling out in the next few months. These things take time. They have worked with some knowledgeable strapmakers in the industry to vet what is good and what is not. You will see Gunny straps now has his own section, I am probably going to have the same. The lower quality China made strap offerings you guys have seen from them over the past year or two are being phased out. Those holes are being filled in with new contacts and higher quality offerings. They are playing to win. I've been fortunate to test and play with so many high quality straps in the works, and I was happy to give the thumbs up on all of them. There will be some random hit or miss, but if you are looking at straps with very low price tags they are most likely the lower end straps from asia so you will need to have reasonable expectations.

They have a good team over there, and plenty of quality items at good prices... take advantage. As always I am glad to help if you are on the fence and need a second set of eyes.

trojjan

panatime is really working their ass off to provide high quality straps and service. Send that strap back, they will take care of you. If you have any problems let me know.

The owners have made some very good contacts and purchased/invested in high end production. You will see a lot of innovative offerings from panatime rolling out in the next few months. These things take time. They have worked with some knowledgeable strapmakers in the industry to vet what is good and what is not. You will see Gunny straps now has his own section, I am probably going to have the same. The lower quality China made strap offerings you guys have seen from them over the past year or two are being phased out. Those holes are being filled in with new contacts and higher quality offerings. They are playing to win. I've been fortunate to test and play with so many high quality straps in the works, and I was happy to give the thumbs up on all of them. There will be some random hit or miss, but if you are looking at straps with very low price tags they are most likely the lower end straps from asia so you will need to have reasonable expectations.

They have a good team over there, and plenty of quality items at good prices... take advantage. As always I am glad to help if you are on the fence and need a second set of eyes.

Thank you for your well crafted reply. I did contact them and expressed my concern in a polite manner and they responded immediately and were very accommodating. They notified me that I received a defective product and have sent me a tracking number of a new pair of straps. I am quite happy with their demeanour and service post-incidence. I will update once I receive the new strap and install it.

You're right about adjusting my expectations for the price point. I just did not expect it to crack as soon as I installed them.

Would you happen to have any recommendations for any burgundy/brown or even black alligator straps for the Radiomir?

Edited by trojjan

P4GTR

The gen gator will be a good strap. Rule of thumb is croc printed cowhide is pretty stiff. For the price you'd probably want to ask some of the strap makers what they can offer.

ag69

I picked up a leather strap and clasp for my Flying B last year and I feel the quality was very good.

javi35sev

I have panatime for Breitling and for 44usd has good strap. I like my strap.