Sign in to follow this  
spudmachine

Apple iWatch

spudmachine

Has anyone felt the need to buy one?

One of my workmates has got one and it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

I pointed that fact out to him and he said "yes, but soon you'll be able to download any watch face you want to it - no need to buy a Rolex anymore".

I just smiled politely and walked away.

Mikrotsutsunos

I absolutely agree.

Duzza

He's deluded if he thinks Apple will open the watch faces up to all and sundry to design. They've already stated categorically that will never happen. He needs an Android wear watch and a proper phone if that's his fancy :)

kiko1314

Human stupidity at its best...

2hot2trot

Has anyone felt the need to buy one?

One of my workmates has got one and it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

I pointed that fact out to him and he said "yes, but soon you'll be able to download any watch face you want to it - no need to buy a Rolex anymore".

I just smiled politely and walked away.

What is this world coming to Spudmachine?

Tell your mate that he must be on crack.. :blind:

I hate the things. I guarantee that when these really kick off, there will be more road accidents than we have ever seen before.

Aside from my initial rant, they are also ugly as F£$%6 :sad:

greg_r

A solution in search of a problem. Utter waste of time.

2hot2trot

A solution in search of a problem. Utter waste of time.

+1. You hit the nail on the head.

I would rather use Maggie Thatcher as a face mask than own one of them. :giggle:

blancoMatto

Ugly watch... Leave the tech to the phones... Keep the class in watches. Thats my two pence anyway

dalboy

Gadgets and Gizmos' !

I like a watch to be a watch .. not tell me what a Lard arse I am and to burn off some calories ..

Dal

2hot2trot

Ugly watch... Leave the tech to the phones... Keep the class in watches. Thats my two pence anyway

And a good 2 pence worth spending.

Well said blancoMatto! and Welcome to the forum mate.::)

tabuktime

Not really a watch is it?

Just a wrist mounted mini iphone. Marvellous technology but hardly a technological marvel in the vein of a good mechanical movement in a proper wristwatch.

Jooost

If, and only if, you feel the weird need to have a smart watch, please go for the motorola. Looks a bit less geeky then the iWatch and you can put different faces on them. Needless to say, I wont be buying one

BenjaminButton

I don't want one but I don't hate them. But sod it .......in the context of so many knockers I will take the counter view and say I love them. Fuck it I'm gonna get one because I need one. Need one. And the design well I was going to say I'm indifferent but sod that I love the simple design by Marc Newson ..... I love Marc Newson and worship his boyfriend sir Jony Ive. Hail Apple. Or fuck em. Well they all remain way cleverer than me and there legacy of invention will make my rep watch collection seem inconsequential ........fuck I'm devastated I thought I was better than them.....seems I'm probably not.

UmpaHimself

I don't want one but I don't hate them. But sod it .......in the context of so many knockers I will take the counter view and say I love them. Fuck it I'm gonna get one because I need one. Need one. And the design well I was going to say I'm indifferent but sod that I love the simple design by Marc Newson ..... I love Marc Newson and worship his boyfriend sir Jony Ive. Hail Apple. Or fuck em. Well they all remain way cleverer than me and there legacy of invention will make my rep watch collection seem inconsequential ........fuck I'm devastated I thought I was better than them.....seems I'm probably not.

:lmao2:

Testomatic

Meh...iwatch is an expensive gadget not a watch, if i were to put anything digital on my wrist again it would be one of these old school digital casio

http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/inspect-a-gadget/cassio.jpg

NFleischer

The 42mm one with SS bracelet is quite nice- I've handled one. I doubt I'll buy one.

spudmachine

I agree the technology is amazing. I have an iPad Gen4 and my wife has a Samsung Android tablet. The iPad built quality is noticeably better.

But I think the iWatch is two or three generations ahead of being useful. It was the same with the iPad Gen1. You need to wait for the computing power to mature, and for decent apps to appear. Plus the battery life to get way, way better than it is now on the iWatch.

Even then who amongst us would swap it even for an inexpensive rep?

Stewcan7

I liked the idea of one when they first came out. Then I saw them in person and decided it was not for me. I wish they could just build calorie counter and heart rate monitor into our reps -- would make my life a lot easier. FFS, I started wearing my jawbone on my ankle b/c I dont want it to get in the way of my watches.

Gazzla
KVrz547.jpg

the_frenchman

+1

DoubleRaw

I have one and I actually like it, it's kind of useful sometimes specially if your a bike rider to use the gps and such, it's a sports watch at the end

But i would never wear it to go out and such.. AP all day lol

PidgeonKeeper

I have had an apple watch for a couple of months now and to be honest its better than i thought it was going to be. Battery life lasts full day so it only get charged on work. I also have an android wear tgose things are a joke.

dont get me wrong its not perfect yet but i can see yhe vision apple has for itas a remote companion. It will never be swiss perfection . But i think thats exactly why the likes of tag are looking to integrate modern tech into watches over the next decade. Because it will be pretty useful when they nail it

Jmp2626

Agree with PidgeonKeeper, i have the 42mm Stainless one

Riser

I have no idea why a mini iPhone on your wrist is worth $600+ It's insulting they're entering the luxury watch market with such bravado. What happens when the tech is obsolete? Rep or Gen "normal" watches will out last the apple watch by decades.

MadeInTaiwan

$600 is not more than a weeks pay. An iPhone is good for 3/4 years. So let's say the watch has the same lifespan. $600/3=200. Not that much is it. I'm guessing your monthly electricity bill is higher. Also they make stuff to earn money. And think about RD, marketing, shipping, assembly, parts etc.