Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Rolex Gen Club Thread

plankton
Well gents I thought this might be a great thread to have as many of our members have made the giant leap to wear a Rolex gen. Great way to communicate about service centers or AD's or deals on product.

ssvsZ3z.jpg

I actually still have this guy, a record for me. Really a sweet piece.

plankton
ssvsZ3z.jpg

dasher22de

Just love my explorer II

479DE616-5132-43F8-A78B-D3D28F889E2E_zps7f0g5gfa.jpg

plankton
Just love my explorer II

479DE616-5132-43F8-A78B-D3D28F889E2E_zps7f0g5gfa.jpg

I like the GMT on it as well

Godfathar

^^ that dial color.. :notworthy:

why don't they rep it? the sunburst blue that they have is not the same :mad:

plankton
EekILl4.jpg

digger2

Here is my GMT

IMG_5177_1280_zps5hshe4yi.jpg

DSCN9980_-_zpsa72a8b09.jpg

DSCN9959_-_zpsa3297f43.jpg

Duzza
Here is my GMT

Beautiful piece. You know I heard a few months ago that all the known gold in the entire world won't fill 2 Olympic swimming pools. You've got something truly special there, treasure it.

Gazzla
Here is my GMT

Beautiful piece. You know I heard a few months ago that all the known gold in the entire world won't fill 2 Olympic swimming pools. You've got something truly special there, treasure it.

I've seen this very watch in the flesh and it is the bollocks. Keep wearing in good health, Dig. :D

MoveAlong

Here is my GMT

Fuck...Me...

:drool:

digger2
Here is my GMT

I've seen this very watch in the flesh and it is the bollocks. Keep wearing in good health, Dig. :D

Thank's mates!

Here is my GMT

Fuck...Me...

:drool:

:noway::lol:

Kwt

Nice watch digger2 - I wouldnt wear gold watches in general but that GMT I would make a FCKING exception for! Amazing watch.

Robin195959

After scanning this thread I can only conclude there is some serious horseshit spoken about gen vs rep end link fit.

mrchan

OK for my first informational post. On Watchrecon I found a guy in CONUS, Takura, that has the ability to get AD's from across the nation to offer him a significantly lower price on new Rolex product. Once you decide to purchase the AD will put your name on the warranty card and ship out (which to me is vitally important). Takura's pricing is in line with most online pricing but you're able to get a brand new watch from an AD instead of getting a watch shipped from Indonesia or India then having an aftermarket box with an international warranty card that might be a service issue.

When purchasing from him you will have to request your name and AD stamp on the card and it's done. The reason I sold the others was because of the lack of a viable warranty (even though they were new).

I already sent my 116613lb into NY Rolex service to have a fine adjustment on the movement and the bezel centered better, so the warranty is a valid one.

His store- http://www.watchreco...uya&last_days=0

All over the rolexforum that is a pretty common thing. My favourite seller is OCROLEXGUY. Bought a DJ from him that was almost 2.5k cheaper than the stores here despite shipping. I would definitely not buy any gens from a regular boutique. There are many good sellers, not just takura.

Lejla

I like this watch it seems very nice.

plankton
Here is my GMT

That's crazy nice! I couldn't rationalize that expense, would love to but I'd have eternal budget guilt I'm sure. Maybe sometime your in Florida we could trade over dinner for an hour. Lol

digger2
Here is my GMT

That's crazy nice! I couldn't rationalize that expense, would love to but I'd have eternal budget guilt I'm sure. Maybe sometime your in Florida we could trade over dinner for an hour. Lol

Thank's I will have it in mind next time we take a cruise from Florida!

emameme

Hi guys,

I wanna buy my first gen Rolex and i'm undecided on the choise of 116610LN or 16610LV.

The firstone have the ceramic lunettel, very beautifull and more stronger to possible scratch.....the otherone have the green lunette that bring it to an irresistible look.

The bracelet how does they fits?? The Oyster is better?

Many thanks

iceberg1459

23258857311_4d5a7f9472_b.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

Markrfc
160F52B4-7C09-4B91-8427-0ADC09FDE99D_zpsqyy7hysr.jpg

steve1954
EB3A7D80-7EEB-40D3-9E99-33A0A378DC06.jpg

angie1993

27101616162_8e005cbfa9_b.jpg

27197615285_2d407f4547_b.jpg