Sign in to follow this  
Phantomtech

Profsteve AR crystal on my new Omega PO 8500

Phantomtech

Hello Folks!

Well this watch needs no introduction, I love this Omega and after having Steve work his magic this watch is just bloody GORGEOUS!

I went with the 42mm because even though I can pull off the 45mm on my close to 8" wrist I think the smaller dial looks more balanced.

Enjoy the many pictures of all angles, and just look at that display back movement! Fantastic!

I think I will have to sell my Super Franken 2500 after getting this, I cannot justify keeping it now...

Here it is on the bracelet:

XlvFIH.jpg

fn1u4n.jpg

5iHgmV.jpg

AdwPeW.jpg

c10LZW.jpg

1ZXJoO.jpg

OYfDt0.jpg

4Q363U.jpg

p8i5JX.jpg

Swf9va.jpg

Epe9yF.jpg

And here it is on the rubber:

1oYzvw.jpg

pu4iXG.jpg

nDIjXw.jpg

ImZyiY.jpg

62Osjn.jpg

aJUAk2.jpg

vh61k2.jpg

8dpUkP.jpg

JYLdWf.jpg

GD0P9Y.jpg

T9enru.jpg

gD6bUe.jpg

8UKtqX.jpg

Edited by Phantomtech

Kangol

That's a beauty. Who did you get it from and what 'magic' has been worked on it?

Del Boy

I went with the 42mm because even though I can pull off the 45mm on my close to 8" wrist I think the smaller dial looks more balanced.

Agreed although I find with my equally as crazy wrists that 42mm is better with the rubber strap. 45mm is better with the steel bracelet... IMO of course!

P.S. Steve has forgotten to put the crystal back in.

Markrfc

looks great the AR on the gen is amazing just disappears at certain angles Steve's looks just as good.

ashtree

Can you send in a whole watch to have it AR'd? It's not like I can remove mine myself.

Colombo

Hi, who is Prof Steve and how do I get in touch with him?

Thanks

Phantomtech

Can you send in a whole watch to have it AR'd? It's not like I can remove mine myself.

Yes, you can send the whole watch.

JSJ
Hi, who is Prof Steve and how do I get in touch with him?

Thanks

Use the search box, search for profsteve and then in a post, click on his name. You will see the option to send him a message.

There are various different routes to this.

UmpaHimself

Damn that's nice. You need the rubber with the orange stitching though. That's the best combo.

Colombo

Thanks for the info

marressey

Holy crap that looks stunning!

Spackjarrow

beautiful!!

NicholasShelton

That looks amazing! Would love to have that done to my AT... Did you have to remove the glass or were you able to send in the whole watch?

watchlover12

Theres a guy over on repgeek who will remove the glass and ship it to prof for the ar, and then he will fit it for you.

ssteel is his name http://www.repgeek.com/announcement.php?f=289

Edited by watchlover12

NicholasShelton

Great thanks for the link!

watchlover12

I have a watch on its way to him, I bought that AP Panda that needed some work from m2m here, his feedback is very good, and he don't steal watches unlike others I read on here.

SackOHammers

Ah Jesus. You're joking, right? Just search "ssteel" on the forums here and do some reading.

watchlover12

Have done my homework thx, searching his name on here shows lots of positive feedback, and no reference to him stealing watches, hes been working with watches for years, it seems he was a very well established guy on here, and was forced out of the fora for not wanting to prove his profession, not wanting to relate his business with fake watches, this is perfectly understandable.

Edited by watchlover12

JSJ
Have done my homework thx, searching his name on here shows lots of positive feedback, and no reference to him stealing watches, hes been working with watches for years, it seems he was a very well established guy on here, and was forced out of the fora for not wanting to prove his profession, not wanting to relate his business with fake watches, this is perfectly understandable.

Do what you wish. I don't have a personal axe to grind.

It would be fair to our admin and mods to say they don't ban people because of personal vendettas. There's clearly a lot of background which is not published. Banned is banned.

watchlover12

Agreed, I don't know their problem with him, but from what he's said to me is that he was threatened by TB here, and subsequently banned on rwi too just when his mother was dying, he posted a post informing his customers there that he needed to say goodbye to his mother, who was outside of his home country, but got banned, and the reason given was that he was self promoting, lame.

Anyhow, waiting for my TC LV 50th to arrive in the meantime, excited.

Edited by watchlover12

SackOHammers

If you want to know the problem, simply use the search bar at the top. Type "ssteel" and use the dropdown to select "Forum". It's going to be in the first one or two hits. Look through the first and second page. Use the post headings as your guide.

I've seen all the information I need to see. I wouldn't send him anything.

watchlover12

I have read everything about him, and actually found myself disgusted with how he's been treated on here, other than one issue with a member who he refunded in full, his other feedback is outstanding.

Anyhow, I trust him based on how he conducts his business, and his prompt emails, oh, and he has even set up my own photo album for my watch that I got from US.

Edited by watchlover12

SackOHammers

Well, you've made your point to me, then. I can't fault you. You've done the research and made an informed decision based on what you saw and your own experiences. I probably shouldn't have popped off with attitude... I guess I just assumed that you didn't know the history and I was wrong. I was trying to be helpful, but in hindsight I was coming off like a dick.

watchlover12

No worries chap. :-)