Sign in to follow this  
tardman91

What is a PAM? & Introduction

tardman91

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a PAM? I see it comes up a lot with talk of Panerai watches (which I had never heard of before joining this forum). I did a lot of looking around but couldn't really come to understand what it was exactly. Is it a model, does it stand for something, etc? I figured this would be a good place to ask. Thanks!

While I'm at it might as well introduce myself. I'm Matt from sunny Florida. New to the rep watch game. I have a couple from good old Canal St. in NYC, but am REALLY looking forward to the two I just ordered from Mary. I've got a Breitling SuperOcean in white with the stainless band and a Bell & Ross BR01-92 in carbon with the black/blue dial in 46mm coming my way. From what I've read and seen on the forum looks like the stuff on Canal St. is the stuff the trusted dealers on here throw out. Hope I'm not disappointed!

Edited by tardman91

andygt

All Panerai watches have a model number, for example PAM029.

PAM is just short for Panerai Model.

KBH
pamela-anderson-1.jpg

tardman91
All Panerai watches have a model number, for example PAM029.

PAM is just short for Panerai Model.

Thanks! I was a little bothered that I couldn't figure that out for myself.

Slim

I was thinking that there should be a glossary of frequently-used terms, somewhere. For example 'Fiddy' was one that confused me until I worked out what it means earlier today.

greg_r

There is. Unfortunately neither of those terms were in it until about 30 second ago.... :facepalm::)

Sorry, I wrote the basic glossary post here, but I haven't been expanding it as I said I would. Too much work, too little alcohol is my usual excuse :D

tardman91

I actually searched for and checked the glossary before I asked, but no dice.