Sign in to follow this  
thunder92

where and how to get replacement omega pearl??

thunder92

Need some help getting my Omega seamaster back to good condition. The pearl fell off after a week and I need to get it fixed. I'm also not opposed to a concave pearl or finish to cover the hole and avoid this again. Anyone with any help. Oh and I have seen a couple post on fixing a rolex pearl and adding lume etc..... I assume this will work with mine even though the pearl seems to fit on top of bezel and not within like on rolex? I also don't care about it having any lume but want something better than a white glue/epoxy mix. Was thinking colored grout mixed with epoxy? I have no idea not an expert.

Tressles61

You may look for someones parts sale and find one for a reasonable price

KBH

Like Rolex reps, you can buy replacement aftermarket inserts. I've never seen either a gen or rep pearl available separately, though. All the aftermarket ones are about equal to the rep inserts with relatively crappy pearls, but they are pretty cheap.

thunder92
Need some help getting my Omega seamaster back to good condition. The pearl fell off after a week and I need to get it fixed. I'm also not opposed to a concave pearl or finish to cover the hole and avoid this again. Anyone with any help. Oh and I have seen a couple post on fixing a rolex pearl and adding lume etc..... I assume this will work with mine even though the pearl seems to fit on top of bezel and not within like on rolex? I also don't care about it having any lume but want something better than a white glue/epoxy mix. Was thinking colored grout mixed with epoxy? I have no idea not an expert.

Yeah haw. I really never loved the pearl and am not a watch purest. I put wall spackel in the hole and leveled it out. Looks good to me. Showed my wife and she couldn't point out anything wrong either. Just another Idea guys.

chemdude

Yeah haw. I really never loved the pearl and am not a watch purest. I put wall spackel in the hole and leveled it out. Looks good to me. Showed my wife and she couldn't point out anything wrong either. Just another Idea guys.

I found a source... http://www.watchmaterial.com/viewItem.asp?idproduct=1800

Its made for a rolex, but its close enough. Just use some jewelers epoxy and bingo. Its so cheap that its worth a try. I used it for my UPO when the pearl deicided to leave me.

Dude

KBH

Its made for a rolex, but its close enough. Just use some jewelers epoxy and bingo. Its so cheap that its worth a try. I used it for my UPO when the pearl deicided to leave me.

Dude

I'd like to see a picture of that. How close is the fit to the UPO hole?

Aren

Dude

Really nice first post Chemdude.

Refreshing to see.

Warmest Welcome to you.

Well done :)

aargh

I just lost the pearl metal insert too! I took the bezel off, popped off the bezel insert, pushed out the pearl insert, wasn't careful enough and it rolled onto the floor and now i can't find it.

ended up ordering a 3rd part bezel insert off ebay, hopefully it looks half as good as the one that came with my UPO.

does anyone know if trusted dealers can get a hold of bezel inserts?

DejaWho

Dude

So is this still the best solution to a missing pearl on an Omega? or is there a different source you guys use?

Can't bring myself to spend $20 on the pearl on ebay when the whole watch was $100. Especially when It may only last a day again.

gt rider

I'm in the same boat. Just lost my pearl and hate to spend 10$+shipping when I can get a whole new watch for less than 100$. Looks like the only option though.