Sign in to follow this  
Hornet

Steinhart - Ocean One Vintage Military

Kcore

That's a beauty H, enjoy and wear it in health! I totally agree, you get a lot of watch and quality too for the buy in price.

Hornet
That's a beauty H, enjoy and wear it in health! I totally agree, you get a lot of watch and quality too for the buy in price.

Thanks fella!

SuperHero

I bought this exact one (V2), found it heavy so switched to an Admiralty Grey G10 from Phoenix (a la WestCoastTime), faded the insert slightly and it is simply perfect now. When I wear it, I actually find it distracting....it's that cool!

Grey dial so much better than the black IMHO.

Bought an extra bezel insert as I plan on keeping this one for a long time. Crazy value per dollar.

Enjoy this one.

MetalMickey

The only thing I dislike about Steinharts is the poor magnification of the cyclops, so this no-date model is just perfect. Definitely on my 'to buy' list.

FunnyStarSystem

I've had mine 4 or 5 years, bullet proof. If I know it might get dirty and rough out there, this is the watch I grab by default. It's also one of the few I keep on a Nato, in this case a heavy duty three-ring from Panatime. The strap color is just perfect, http://www.panatime.com/22sa3rinaban.html , also have the same strap in a darker green but sand looks best.

Can't recommend this guy highly enough- I've even got a couple bezel inserts waiting in the wings (Steinhart will sell you pretty much any part if you ask), but so far just been using a paint pen on scratches. I think it looks better a little beat up.

OVM02_zpsxmd73hqi.jpgovm01_zpsbn92nnvh.jpg

Kleen™
I've had mine 4 or 5 years, bullet proof. If I know it might get dirty and rough out there, this is the watch I grab by default. It's also one of the few I keep on a Nato, in this case a heavy duty three-ring from Panatime. The strap color is just perfect, http://www.panatime.com/22sa3rinaban.html , also have the same strap in a darker green but sand looks best.

Can't recommend this guy highly enough

I could've written this, as it is identical to my own experience with the OVM over the last 4-5 years. Only difference is mine is on a Nato, where yours is on a Zulu; but the colour is exactly the same (Olive Drab). Great watch and 42mm is just a perfect size for me - the gen MilSub is only 39mm...which of-course is THE ONLY REASON, as to why I didn't buy the original, gen Rolex article...:D

elp

.... I think it looks better a little beat up.

Refreshing attitude, and I fully agree :thumbsup:

FunnyStarSystem
I've had mine 4 or 5 years, bullet proof. If I know it might get dirty and rough out there, this is the watch I grab by default. It's also one of the few I keep on a Nato, in this case a heavy duty three-ring from Panatime. The strap color is just perfect, http://www.panatime....sa3rinaban.html , also have the same strap in a darker green but sand looks best.

Can't recommend this guy highly enough

I could've written this, as it is identical to my own experience with the OVM over the last 4-5 years. Only difference is mine is on a Nato, where yours is on a Zulu; but the colour is exactly the same (Olive Drab). Great watch and 42mm is just a perfect size for me - the gen MilSub is only 39mm...which of-course is THE ONLY REASON, as to why I didn't buy the original, gen Rolex article... :D

Yeah, Zulu! That word escaped me. For some reason they don't use the term on Panatime where I get my straps. I own four Steinharts now and love them all. You even get the same masochistic thrill when you order, having no clue when you'll ever get the damn thing. Could be three days, could be three months, lol.

Kleen™

^ True. But in the case of the OVM it's prolly closer to 3 months, and the damned thing seemed to always be on backorder. But maybe they've ramped up the production over the last couple of years...

BTW: This is without comparison the diver, that has seen the most real swimming and diving action of all my watches...it's just a no worries go-to option for quick beach runs...