Sign in to follow this  
wombosi

Hard times with an Ebay dealer

wombosi

Hi guys,

I'm asking your advice on this case since some of you might have experienced the same or something similar and have some good tips.

Long before I discovered this amazing forum, I bought a homage watch from a Chinese homage dealer on Ebay. Everything went well until after about a year the winding screw fell off, resulting in a watch which could no longer be wound manually or of which the time could be set correctly. I contacted the dealer which offered me the possibilty to send a replacement part or to fix the watch himself. Since I did not have any experience with fixing watches I sent him the watch for repair. (which I wouldn't recommend anyone after this btw! just fix it yourself, or let someone fix it for you who lives near.)

More than two months have passed, and the watch dealer claims he still didn't receive my watch. My local post office says it is delivered in China a long time ago. He tells me his post office says it isn't. The e-mail conversations are tiring due to their 'Chinese google translate English' and secondly it does not seem to get me any further. I don't really care who is right or wrong, I just want my watch back! Fixed or not, I don't care anymore...

I'm happy to hear your thoughts and advice on this!

Edited by wombosi

speedzmaster

WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU SEND IT BACK ALL THE WAY TO CHINA FOR REPAIR? You should have taken it to a local watchsmith to get them to change the crown. An easy fix! If you sent to China without a tracking number and insurance, then there's really nothing you can do about it. If you did send it with insurance, then file for a claim at the post office. Anyway, you got a year out of the Parnis. You should be happy.

wombosi
WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU SEND IT BACK ALL THE WAY TO CHINA FOR REPAIR?

+1000

You're completely right Speedz, as I know now too. My local watch smith doesn't do repairs on homage watches, so that's why I chose to send it back all the way to China. If packages from China arrive quick and safely at my doorstep, why wouldn't it work the other way around? Experience proved the opposite. As I already mentioned in the OP: let this be a good lesson for everyone who reads this (with noobs in general!).

I did sent it with a tracking number, but without insurance. I'll try to contact the dealer and the local post office for a last time. If it doesn't work out, I'll take it as a loss and a good lesson for future repairs.

Edited by wombosi

speedzmaster

The key is to also send it via registered mail.

And, the thread topic makes you sound like a drama queen.

wombosi

Drama queen?! Haha! These just are the hardest times of my live Speedz :P

And you know what the best thing is? I can't edit that title :)

Well... fuck it

Edited by wombosi

pollux1
The key is to also send it via registered mail.

And, the thread topic makes you sound like a drama queen.

Sorry Wombosi but Speedz is right!

JohnG

Jesus, give the guy a break - this is RWG1.1, not RWGjr. If you want to be uptight Ms. Propers and rag on a guy's thread title, repost the whole thread over there and then complain about it - you will have lots of support from the vaginas over there.

Over here we live for drama.

I say tell the seller to send you a new watch or you will sabotage all of his auctions for the next year.

I will help you.

:)

pollux1
:) :P

Akira
Jesus, give the guy a break - this is RWG1.1, not RWGjr. If you want to be uptight Ms. Propers and rag on a guy's thread title, repost the whole thread over there and then complain about it - you will have lots of support from the vaginas over there.

I say tell the seller to send you a new watch or you will sabotage all of his auctions for the next year.

I will help you.

:Whistle:

+1

blackmail is always the answer :)

pollux1

I will help you.

:Whistle:

Dare ya to post it on RWGjr! :)

Akira

Means count me in for it.

Baldrick

After a year, you obviously have no expectation of a warranty, there are a couple of lessons to be learned here by EVERYBODY, the first one is that when you are buying replica watches, MECHANICAL items, you may experience problems, ( regulation, glass replacement etc etc etc ), it is UNREASONABLE to expect that the seller of your rep / homage watch has the resources to provide you with the same level of service ( warrantied or paid ) as a brand manufacturer, therefore it is ESSENTIAL and incumbent upon you that you have recourse to a 'service' agent who can repair your item if you cannot do it yourself, there is no point in collecting 10-20-30 reps if you have not considered this aspect, as TTK used to say " if you lived in Anchorage Alaska and there were only two automotive dealers in town Ford and GM, you wouldn't buy a Hyundai would you, knowing nobody could service / source parts for you, would ya".

If your Post Office says it delivered and your supplier says it wasn't, doesn't mean either are lying, it could have been delivered to the wrong address, boosted by some employee or otherwise. could be somebody working at the suppliers address, you'll never know.

Does your supplier have good feedback on Ebay, if he sold it to you over a year ago and he's still operating, it would suggest that he does have, regardless, it would be a travesty to do as that fukkin' idiot JohnG suggests,... 'sabotage his auctions for the next year',... that would be childish and immature beyond belief, and could only come from the board idiot.

Your dealer has done nothing wrong at this point, you on the other hand have, you failed to source a local servicing agent, you failed to send the item by the proper means, trackable ( I'll give you the benfit of the doubt on that. by presuming that it is, how would your PO know otherwise ). you failed to insure the item for the value, now you're out of pocket with no recourse and crying becuase of YOUR failures.

Also, you make the statement that 'These just are the hardest times of my live ', if these indeed ARE the hardest times of your life, then a silly homage watch should be the very least of your concerns, or could it be as Speedz says, 'you are being a drama queen'.

Chalk it down to experience and move on, it's just a watch and prolly not that valuable, if you can't afford the loss, you need to re-consider what you are doing with your disposable income!

Lesson 1. Make sure you have local resources for repair.

Lesson 2. If you have to send a watch anywhere, make sure it's fully accounted for.

Lesson 3. If you are sending it by carrier, make sure it's insured.

Lesson 4. If you can't afford the loss, buy bread, milk and groceries for your kids first and foremost.

Life's a bitch, then you die :itchyandscratchy:

JohnG
After a year, you obviously have no expectation of a warranty, there are a couple of lessons to be learned here by EVERYBODY, the first one is that when you are buying replica watches, MECHANICAL items, you may experience problems, ( regulation, glass replacement etc etc etc ), it is UNREASONABLE to expect that the seller of your rep / homage watch has the resources to provide you with the same level of service ( warrantied or paid ) as a brand manufacturer, therefore it is ESSENTIAL and incumbent upon you that you have recourse to a 'service' agent who can repair your item if you cannot do it yourself, there is no point in collecting 10-20-30 reps if you have not considered this aspect, as TTK used to say " if you lived in Anchorage Alaska and there were only two automotive dealers in town Ford and GM, you wouldn't buy a Hyundai would you, knowing nobody could service / source parts for you, would ya".

If your Post Office says it delivered and your supplier says it wasn't, doesn't mean either are lying, it could have been delivered to the wrong address, boosted by some employee or otherwise. could be somebody working at the suppliers address, you'll never know.

Does your supplier have good feedback on Ebay, if he sold it to you over a year ago and he's still operating, it would suggest that he does have, regardless, it would be a travesty to do as that fukkin' idiot JohnG suggests,... 'sabotage his auctions for the next year',... that would be childish and immature beyond belief, and could only come from the board idiot.

Your dealer has done nothing wrong at this point, you on the other hand have, you failed to source a local servicing agent, you failed to send the item by the proper means, trackable ( I'll give you the benfit of the doubt on that. by presuming that it is, how would your PO know otherwise ). you failed to insure the item for the value, now you're out of pocket with no recourse and crying becuase of YOUR failures.

Also, you make the statement that 'These just are the hardest times of my live ', if these indeed ARE the hardest times of your life, then a silly homage watch should be the very least of your concerns, or could it be as Speedz says, 'you are being a drama queen'.

Chalk it down to experience and move on, it's just a watch and prolly not that valuable, if you can't afford the loss, you need to re-consider what you are doing with your disposable income!

Lesson 1. Make sure you have local resources for repair.

Lesson 2. If you have to send a watch anywhere, make sure it's fully accounted for.

Lesson 3. If you are sending it by carrier, make sure it's insured.

Lesson 4. If you can't afford the loss, buy bread, milk and groceries for your kids first and foremost.

Life's a bitch, then you die :P

Man, he put a lot of time into that post, hope someone read it.

KBH

I just did. And it scares me to admit I agree with him.

Again!

JohnG

Again!

Man, we are too advanced to READ informational posts. Or WRITE them for that matter.

Informationa post phaseology:

Phase 1: Read

Phase 2: Write

Phase 3: Yawn

radioguy

Yeah dude, there's ALWAYS a local watch guy that will work on whatever garbage you bring in. As long as you're paying him money, he's not going to be a watch snob. "I refuse to take your money to work on this homage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'd punch my mom for enough money :canuck:

JohnG

I nominate for permanent free VIP status.

Akira

I'd punch your mom too for enough money ;)

JohnG

I'd punch your mom too for enough money ;)

;)

wombosi

First of all, Bladrick, thank you for your extensive reply! I sincerely appreciate the effort.

Let's conclude this topic with the following:

1. The watch is gone, and as expected, there is not much to do about it. Although it was a cheapie, it always a shame if one of your watches gets lost, permantly broken, or anything else in that matter. I'm sure most of you guys would agree on that. The only thing I needed to know is that I didn't oversee any possibilties in getting it back.

2. I purposely sent the package with a tracking number only, lacking the insurance, since I wasn't prepared to pay the extra costs involved considering the initial value of the watch. Therefore, I just take my loss and will probably just get myself a replacement cheapie in the near future.

3. And at last, although the thread title might imply otherwise, I didn't mean to sound dramatic or to make all of this appear as a dramatic occurance. And when I said "these just are the hardest times of my life" I was ofcourse being sarcastic.

Edited by wombosi

speedzmaster
;) :canuck: ;):D:band:

JohnG
when I said "these just are the hardest times of my life" I was ofcourse being sarcastic.

Okay, so what WERE the hardest times of your life. Now we GOTTA know.

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Again!

That's so weird. It's almost as though he has extensive experience in selling replica watches.

(that one's for Joey) :rofl:

Baldrick
That's so weird. It's almost as though he has extensive experience in selling replica watches.

A lot of experience in buying them :P

JohnG

Again!

(that one's for Joey) :P

;)

Well, at the now defunct forum once known as RWGjr, they said that Baldrick is actually TTK. Now Baldrick denies it, says if he was TTK he would have made good on all those missing watches, but notice how JUST AFTER they made this accusation, the forum went down for good.

....Coincidence?