3329094083_2a9b79f14a_o.jpg

3329928314_1217f9ce2e_o.jpg

3329928044_b5bf5da557_o.jpg

3329093743_8b62dcbff9_o.jpg

3329093643_aa3543425b_o.jpg

3329093581_1ab32505a2_o.jpg

3329928478_fa9eabc066_o.jpg

What I like:

1. Nice heft to it, mostly due to the heavier bracelet w/solid midlinks.
  2. Smooth feeling movement, like an ETA (it's ETA clone)
  3. Steel has a nice sheen to it.
  4. Good lume for a rep, equal to the GMT-II C
  5. The date fonts are all lined up almost dead center in the date window. Good for me because I'm a date font freak.

Faults:

1. "RolexRolex" rehaut is misaligned. You can see it in the first wrist shot.
  2. Bezel doesn't have a solid click to it when rotating
  3. Crystal was installed a tiny bit to the right, but it's very difficult to see because the etched crown is hard to see
  4. The incorrect bracelet fits loosely between the lugs. This can be seen in the crown shot. See the gap? I just noticed this tonight and now it's bugging me. I have an extra Sub bracelet in the watch drawer. I'll see if I can switch them and see if I like it better than this heavier one.

One interesting thing is the rehaut engraving has an almost 3D effect. Not sure how it is on the gen but it's nice on this rep.

This will be a "beater" watch, with the SOSF I ordered from Robert. They'll take turns going to the gym, doing chores, etc.

alphakazi

these always look better on other people - I think it's my wrists but this looks great on u

The crown looks good - not too bulky - this was similar to the watch I won - I hope it looks 1/2 as good on me

overall I'd say that was a good deal for $188 - I don't notice the loose bracelet at all - from the pics it looks heavy and well built - the bracelet on the $108 Josh beginnermariner is flimsy as hell

thanks for sharing - nice pics

KBH

Not too bad looking (except for the pearl).

You didn't get the one in the picture though. Picture looks like the Noobmariner to me.

greg_r

Shame about the rehaut - that would bug me, but otherwise it's a very nice looking sub and a good recommendation for a7750.com. Enjoy! :)

sconehead
I think it was supposed to be a noobmariner. Their pics are exactly the same as Josh's:

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss01006-black-dia...ian-p-5013.html

What's wrong with the pearl?

Here's a closeup of a gen pearl in an insert that I put in a sub rep for you to compare Doc...

watches028ba2.jpg

w1030.png

oscarmadfish

looks nice to me i like the green

AllergyDoc

I can see that the metal around the pearl is flatter and duller on the rep, but this is at, like, 500% zoom level. I don't know how you guys can see this stuff.

oscarmadfish

its because they are anal AD

sconehead

You can tell the difference quite easily when it's on the wrist Doc, it has a glaze/shine to it.

alphakazi

I don't see shit on that gen pic vs AD's sub - I think that would be the last thing to worry bout :)

maybe the gen is slight recessed? but the pic is a bit blurred

sconehead

The luminous dot is a white colour and recessed. It has a clear coating on top of it and is considered one of the big tells. It's an easy mod though if you're bothered. Trust me on this, it is noticable to the naked eye if you're into submariners... :)

alphakazi

what if you're not like 99.999999% of everyone :) ok scone you win - can't argue with facts - for $188 though, can't go wrong

bene3

very nice watch and as usual your pictures come out fantastic.

AllergyDoc

Gracias.

I swapped the bracelet for a Sub bracelet so it looks like the one on the site now. The one that came with the watch needs some touch up brushing. I'll have 2 bracelets I can switch back and forth with.

Very accurate time-keeper so far. As good as the Deep Sea I have that also features the Asian ETA-clone. The date fonts look just like the ETA fonts, not like the 21J fonts. I'm a font nut so this is important to me. So far I'm impressed with these ETA-clones.

AllergyDoc

No one else noticed this Sub is a wok?

3329094083_2a9b79f14a_o.jpg

Look at the angle of the rehaut. Does anyone remember "BlingsMyGame" on RWG1? I think he coined the term "wok."

Compare that with the WM9:

3352856930_9ce7b09c65_o.jpg

I'm pissed at Tony of asian7750.com. I get an LV Sub with the wrong bracelet and then a DJ with a bad date wheel.

greg_r
I'm pissed at Tony of asian7750.com. I get an LV Sub with the wrong bracelet and then a DJ with a bad date wheel.

I assume you've contacted him about it - let us know how Tony deals with it, please :trailboss:

AllergyDoc

I sent him pics of the date wheel but haven't heard back. The DJ does have a "gen" ETA movement but for some reason the "factory" installed this funky date wheel. Kills it for me because I'm date wheel sensitive. I feel like I'm wearing a cheap rep when I'm not. I expect he'll just ignore me.

greg_r
I sent him pics of the date wheel but haven't heard back. The DJ does have a "gen" ETA movement but for some reason the "factory" installed this funky date wheel. Kills it for me because I'm date wheel sensitive. I feel like I'm wearing a cheap rep when I'm not. I expect he'll just ignore me.

Very odd - doesn't make sense installing a non-standard datewheel if it's inferior to the one the movement came with....

Well, I hope you get a response...

Luthier

You, guys, are sooo fucking anal...like you buying a wife for next 25 years of your life...

Throw your big loupes in trash can!!!

Doc, great watch, I like it very much, except... maybe green is too greeeeennn... should be darker, no?

Well. I'm not a big fan of colored bezels, to me the black one is the best. OK, Ok, ok... maybe also blue.

Wear with pride!

greg_r
You, guys, are sooo fucking anal...like you buying a wife for next 25 years of your life...

Oh, I did that too. She's working out pretty well, it has to be said. No wokky rehaut either :trailboss:

alphakazi

Oh, I did that too. She's working out pretty well, it has to be said. No wokky rehaut either :trailboss:

pics or it never happened

AllergyDoc
Wear with pride!

I do like the watch. The rehaut doesn't bother me, I was just being observant.

greg_r

Oh, I did that too. She's working out pretty well, it has to be said. No wokky rehaut either :frusty:

Alphakazi is Onzenuub and I claim my 5 ... errm... on second thought, you can keep 'em.... :trailboss:

Luthier

Oh, I did that too. She's working out pretty well, it has to be said. No wokky rehaut either :monkey2:

Alphakazi is Onzenuub and I claim my 5 ... errm... on second thought, you can keep 'em.... :trailboss:

You mean... extra 5"???

:frusty: