Sign in to follow this  
Godfathar

The 2015 Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 1R

Godfathar

Ever since I have found this great forum, and I have been finally justifying to buy and wear a full rose gold watch. before that I have found the full rose gold watch come with completely unjustified price tag, that I would never be willing to fork. but now my appetite for rose gold watches started to increase. I have been contemplating for months the Nautilus 5980 1R, but that faux sub dial always turned me off. Now come Bazel 2015, and a new full rose gold watch in the field, the not so new watch in principle, but loved by all the Nautilus 5711 1R.

patek_phillipe_nautilus_5711_1r_001_rose_gold_0.jpg

Ever since I saw this watch when introduced in Basel in March, and I knew that I have to wait for this to be my first full rose gold watch. It is something out of this world, and the gen's price is still considered justifiable when compared to the Nautilus 5980 1R. Few days back, I started seeing this watch popping up on Chrono24. and wrist shots also started to flood Instagram.

3522212b_xxl.jpg

Patek_Philippe_Nautilus_57111_R_001_Rose_Gold_cho.jpg

Patek_Philippe_Nautilus_57111_R_001_Rose_Gold_cho.jpg

Now the big question!! When do you think this watch will be repped? Logically speaking, the design of the watch, the color of the dial, all parts are already in production in other 5711 watches or in the 5980. They don't need to invent or reinvent anything, just assemble the parts as if creating a new fantasy watch. Why aren't they bringing it out to us? I am one sold. I will get it as soon as it hits the market. I just don't have the patience anymore lol.

What's your take? Why it's still not out?

Replicaaustralia

I never trust the 'gold' on reps tbh

Godfathar

I never trust the 'gold' on reps tbh

I do have couple of rose gold based watches, not fully gold, but the case only, one I wear regularly, where the other I wear once in a while, and I took some advice from members here on how to care for them, and so far, all is good. I can't speak on daily beaters in full rose gold though.

CedricWX

The "Gold" on reps is in fact Gold. You can apply it yourself to a stainless steel model, using a couple of penlight batteries, a crocodile clip and cotton bud. You'll need the gold in solution though, which you get from a pen plating website.

20150512_075950_zpsf2zprhn9.jpg

Jooost

The "Gold" on reps is in fact Gold. You can apply it yourself to a stainless steel model, using a couple of penlight batteries, a crocodile clip and cotton bud. You'll need the gold in solution though, which you get from a pen plating website.

Can you also do this with rose gold?

Barth

I'm pretty sure we'll see a rep of this soon.

The Nautilus sell well.

Godfathar

I'm pretty sure we'll see a rep of this soon.

The Nautilus sell well.

I have been checking TD sites since the launch in March.. Still waiting lol

CedricWX

Can you also do this with rose gold?

Yes. The gold plating solution comes in rose gold as well as yellow gold.

_DC_

I gotta admit, though it won't surprise anyone, I'd love one of these! Since owning the Royal Oak Chronograph in all rose gold I've really started to like the look of a rose gold watch on rose gold bracelet, tempted to get the 5980 in all rose gold but it's quite bulky so one of these would be a nice sophisticated all gold watch!!

DC

Godfathar

I was waiting for your input DC, but thought I'll let you enjoy your vacation.. although I heard it's raining the whole time in the Maldives, no?

I have been crazy for the 5711 version. I got me the SS Miyota, and now with KeNNy to swap the hands with a 21J. also grabbed the 5711G SW200 from a member with a gen strap, so I will have one just like yours. Now waiting for the 5711/1R to be out.. I can't wait really..

_DC_
I was waiting for your input DC, but thought I'll let you enjoy your vacation.. although I heard it's raining the whole time in the Maldives, no?

I have been crazy for the 5711 version. I got me the SS Miyota, and now with KeNNy to swap the hands with a 21J. also grabbed the 5711G SW200 from a member with a gen strap, so I will have one just like yours. Now waiting for the 5711/1R to be out.. I can't wait really..

Ah you snapped up GMTaddicts SW200 then did ya? He told me about it a while back but then I purchased back my old one so didn't need it, he said it went pretty fast, no surprise there, it's a stunning watch right?!

Yeah there's a lot of rain here in Maldives, but plenty of sunshine too so it's not all bad, the rain is quite refreshing after a morning of intense sun actually, and the snorkelling is awesome, so many beautiful fish (and a five foot shark too which was a little alarming)!

Just sitting in the hot tub with a glass of wine chatting to you lot :)

DC

Godfathar

Ah you snapped up GMTaddicts SW200 then did ya? He told me about it a while back but then I purchased back my old one so didn't need it, he said it went pretty fast, no surprise there, it's a stunning watch right?!

Yeah there's a lot of rain here in Maldives, but plenty of sunshine too so it's not all bad, the rain is quite refreshing after a morning of intense sun actually, and the snorkelling is awesome, so many beautiful fish (and a five foot shark too which was a little alarming)!

Just sitting in the hot tub with a glass of wine chatting to you lot :)

DC

^^ The good life.. will be doing the same after couple of weeks in Mallorca.. but hopefully without the rain :P

and yes, I have been in love with your watch since before you bought it back, and wanted one, but the idea of modding the links to fit the gen strap put me off, then one day as I am addicted to M2M here and on RWI, Gmtaddict with a different alias drops the three pateks for sale at once, since I already have purchased the Miyota and it's getting swapped with the 21J hands, I jumped on the 5711G with gen strap that was already modded and ready. it was the perfect opportunity, and a fair price by him. will put pics when it arrives.

but for now, I will be attentive for when the 5711/1R comes out. really looking forward for my first full rose gold watch :)

Godfathar

2 months had passed and no word, Still hopeful that this will come out soon. Have been asking TDs and all are waiting for it to be released. My only fear is that it comes out by MKF factory (fake bridge thick version).... Let's see

Spackjarrow

yeah all RG watch. I bought a RG 15400 black dial. didnt keep it any longer than few days. i'd love to have this one! tik tok tik tok tik tok

Godfathar

^^ unfortunately that is a fantasy 5980, not a 5711. as the RG 5980 never comes with blue dial.

_DC_
^^ unfortunately that is a fantasy 5980, not a 5711. as the RG 5980 never comes with blue dial.

Accept when it's in two tone... then it does :P

DC

Godfathar

^^ yeah but they screwed up the chrono config on that rep :(

_DC_
^^ yeah but they screwed up the chrono config on that rep :(

Did they? How so?!

DC

Godfathar

^^ That'll explain it.. left is gen, right from PC site..

3680799gross.jpg

What bothered me the most is the red part of the rep. not that it is 1 needle to be honest.

_DC_
^^ That'll explain it.. left is gen, right from PC site..

3680799gross.jpg

What bothered me the most is the red part of the rep. not that it is 1 needle to be honest.

That's weird coz on all my 5980 reps it's two hands one on top of the other, so even though they don't move so you never see the lower hand it is there... maybe this one is the same and it's just the angle it's taken from, but you're right it does look to be only one hand!!

DC

Spackjarrow

Im so keen on this watch! I prefer this so much over the 15400 for the size and its class!

Edited by nadeemfazlani

Godfathar

^^ I wore the gen once in a PP boutique, truly great looking watch.. but never saw anyone we know buying the rep, and we have never seen pics here of it. if you get it, please put as much pics of the watch as you can. will truly appreciate it. :)

Spackjarrow

Given the small wrists that I have, I'd have loved a AP 15300 RG. But it' got too many flaws. 15400 is a little too large.

I love what I wear now and I'd like it in RG please

3F0C0FF0-DD9C-4169-893B-15EA1BB3CCC8_zpsiiarjkbz.jpg

Godfathar

It seems that first trials are out.. Unfortunately, other than it's full RG, the whole dial is a mess..

17662_138209_thickbox.jpg

17662_138210_thickbox.jpg

17662_138212_thickbox.jpg

17662_138211_thickbox.jpg

Dial pattern is wrong. Dial color is wrong. The way they wrote Patek Phillip on the dial is wrong. Not the font, underneath the words, look at the pic I attached for the gen. The date wheel doesn't have a gold border. Only thing correct is the RG color of the case and bracelet. Big no in my books. I am glad someone is trying to rep the model though.

but in case someone likes this fantasy combo ( no full RG with black dial on gen PP), it's from our TD

http://www.ts-statio...iyota-9015.html