Sign in to follow this  
deroya

Is this a genuine SUBMARINER?

Mattcrx

That's gen! What price are you paying for it??

That watch could easily be turned round with sometime and effort!

Edited by Mattcrx

mech500

Looks real to me.

If watch is from 1990, it should have a 3135 movement (3035 stopped in 1988....I believe). With a 3135 movement the hands should turn clockwise with clockwise movement of the crown. 99% reps use ETA movements that have incorrect crown/hands operation.

Bracelet ain't too bad given its age. A dealer would give this a quick polish and sell for much higher price.

gemballa

Looks genuine to me but I would steer well clear unless you were getting it really cheap and can inspect before handing over the readies. Thats been been a real beater for someone! As I always say, buy the seller. Any provenance, box. papers etc?

deroya

So I ended up buying it, flipped it same day to a dealer. now he's selling it. it was incredibly hard for me to let it go though as i wanted to keep it really bad. Heres the site he's selling it on much better pics now. The experience was great, learned a lot about gen subs. can't wait to buy more

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=434649

Ilikewaches

I'd steer well clear of that. No doubting really its a genuine Rolex but the condition of the bracelet means it needs replacing. A new 2 tone bracelet plus the cost of the service make this likely an expensive rather than cheap Rolex I would imagine.

No way does that need a bracelet. I could refinish that in no time.

Looks gen to me.

intellex

Hmmm..

deroya
I'd steer well clear of that. No doubting really its a genuine Rolex but the condition of the bracelet means it needs replacing. A new 2 tone bracelet plus the cost of the service make this likely an expensive rather than cheap Rolex I would imagine.
No way does that need a bracelet. I could refinish that in no time. Looks gen to me.

one of the end links was a little chipped and there was a whole lot of play and giggle jangle in the bracelet, but it was totally wearable.

rolesor

As much wear as it is showing and the gold is still there..... I would think it is a gen but very rough. I wonder if a service center would replace the worn parts? If so, you could have a new looking watch for a fraction of a new price.

Genius

Is no one reading the OPs posts?? It is a gen, he bought it then sold it on to a dealer and made a bit of money from the sounds of things.

OP maybe time to become VIP and donate to the forum seing as we helped you turn a profit on that watch

So I ended up buying it, flipped it same day to a dealer. now he's selling it. it was incredibly hard for me to let it go though as i wanted to keep it really bad. Heres the site he's selling it on much better pics now. The experience was great, learned a lot about gen subs. can't wait to buy more

http://www.rolexforu...ad.php?t=434649