Sign in to follow this  
WatchDog21

A CERTIFICATE and mini review. Gerlach P11.C

WatchDog21

...for the Gerlach PZL P11.C and I have no idea of what it says :giggle: The word certificate seems to catch some attention around here so if I have opened the door for you to have some fun please do continue or if you have some interest in this particular watch read on.

You may notice that this particular “Gerlach” is not branded anywhere on the piece. Here is the background of the development of the watch as posted on the G. Gerlach website.

PZL P.11c

It is important to emphasize that this is not a watch branded by the Foundation G.Gerlach. It is a watch whose design was created by people clustered around chinawatches.pl forum. The creators of the foundation supported their experience and knowledge forums community to come together to create this wonderful watch - probably the most beautiful forumowy watch in Poland, if not Europe.

We are proud that we took part in this project and is particularly close to our hearts. It shows inspiring strength dormant in people, communities hobbyists. This project represents the values upon which the Foundation: passion, companionship, commitment, creativity. For the first time in Polish world watch so many people joined a shared vision and passion. And so many people wanted to make their even the most modest contribution to the common work. That's why they all - are the creators. In equal measure. As a result of this cooperation was made most consistent themes watch forumowy ever realized.

It must be emphasized that this is not a watch produced by the manufacturer on request. It is not watch with minimal modification to the model standard. It is a watch designed and created virtually from scratch. By colleagues - for colleagues.

Community Forum has chosen the theme of the watch - requiring commemorate the Polish designers has flights from PZL - fighter PZL P.11c. The basic fighter aviation in the Polish Defensive War 1939 years. Popularly known as the "eleven" is a faithful companion of dozens of characters, fierce and deadly enemy Luftwaffe, through which kills factor, despite the technical superiority of the enemy, was 1: 1. The aircraft worth without a doubt commemorate! applied an automatic mechanism Sea Gull ST25. Sea Gull is the world's largest manufacturer of automatic mechanisms and the world's fourth largest producer of watches. ST25 is a renowned, excellent and used by many manufacturers 35 kamieniowy mechanism. The distinctive feature of it is very efficient reserve system tension of walking more than 45 hours. On the dial shows the silhouette PZL 11c. Stainless steel case is equipped with a screw lid, which made style cover checkered entered the Air Force, and engraved individual number. Lace, equipped with a gasket that provides water resistance at the level of WR50, has engraver showing the old logo of the State Aviation Plant. Strap completes specially for this project was designed and constructed buckle stylized aircraft wing flap PZL P.11c - distinctive "patch Puławski"

It was all the above elements that caught my attention and why I began to search for one. My search started about 4 months ago. The only one I could find was listed on eBay by a Russian seller “badidnumber-2013” and a feedback of only 106. He was asking too much money for it. Along with what I considered a shady / suspicious name and no real seller feedback I let it go. Approximately 2 weeks later he listed the watch again and he had lowered the price by $100 so I decided to watch the listing and see what transpires. On the last day of the listing there had been no bids and only had 1 person watching; me. I placed the one and only bid. Now two weeks after the auction it has arrived.

Here are the specs:

Diameter: 44 mm

Spacing ears: 24 mm

Envelope Stainless steel

Mechanism: Automatic Sea Gull ST25, 35 synthetic rubies, tension reserve approx. 45h, the clock frequency 21.600 bps

Glass: Mineral convex, so-called. Hardlex, anti-glare

Strap: leather

Twisted steel buckle

Wooden box

The watch came with the nice wooden box, all of the paperwork and a SS bracelet as well. The leather strap is staying on; it just flows with the watch quite well and better than a bracelet would (IMO). The strap is a soft leather and very comfortable to wear. The red stitching accents the red second’s hand of the watch. When it comes to the bracelet that came with the watch I have already found a new home for it on my Deep Blue Sea Ram.

I was curious as to what the writing on the dial said so my friend google translate assisted:

Timepiece

2 Day Reserve

Knowing that this was a limited production I contacted Gerlach to inquire for more information on this particular piece; mainly the serial number and to find out how many were produced. It was more "limited" than I expected. Based on the information Gerlach provided me I now possess #19 of only 70 watches produced which is also shown in the pics below.

Nervous about the purchase at first but now at ease and happy I proceeded to acquire it.

Now on to the pictures.

First my certificate and letter that came with the watch.

19974905354_0b45db1d2a_c.jpg

19974889134_e338db2bde_c.jpg

20604093411_a59ac22e88_c.jpg

20334231079_f1ab9a13f5_c.jpg

20410966099_76788c5d62_c.jpg

19976657803_bbdf871dcb_c.jpg

19974944014_7133398a6f_c.jpg

20571229706_6d873d799f_c.jpg

20588485472_f7f8ca501a_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

TheSav

The buckle and case back Engraving are very cool. Congrats

WatchDog21

The buckle and case back Engraving are very cool. Congrats

Thanks. I liked the watch the first time I saw it and without knowing any of its history. I read about its the history I liked it even more and now feel like one lucky guy for getting it

onzenuub

It must be worth millions with the certificate.

Kcore

That's so cool! Great catch. When I saw it in the weekly wristie thread it caught my interest. Thanks so much for sharing the back story and posting pics.

I think forum inspired / created custom watches are the best. Even with all the drama, the RWG watch is pretty cool. What I find amazing is they were able to go into production with such a small batch number. Hmmm, perhaps if RWG ever does another watch, perhaps we should look at Poland and not China for manufacture.

WatchDog21

That's so cool! Great catch. When I saw it in the weekly wristie thread it caught my interest. Thanks so much for sharing the back story and posting pics.

I think forum inspired / created custom watches are the best. Even with all the drama, the RWG watch is pretty cool. What I find amazing is they were able to go into production with such a small batch number. Hmmm, perhaps if RWG ever does another watch, perhaps we should look at Poland and not China for manufacture.

One other note. I just realized that the watch box is really in the design of a wooden ammo box. That really blends it in with the whole era and background of the watch even more.

WatchDog21

Haven't a clue as to what the writing says and too much to type out for google translate so I could accept that! :D

ilovemerolex

Haven't a clue as to what the writing says and too much to type out for google translate so I could accept that! :D

Its in Polish it says the history of a plane that this watch was made for or something like that :) the watch itself looks nice tho :)

WatchDog21

Its in Polish it says the history of a plane that this watch was made for or something like that :) the watch itself looks nice tho :)

Curiosity will get the best of me, I will end up getting it translated.