jbar99

Steinhart watches - what's everyone think?

emtp101

I have been wanting the Ocean One Vintage Red, great looking watch, I came across two sights to purchase gnomonwatches.com and chrono24.com, has anybody ordered from these two sights. I have been looking for one here in the U.S. but so far just these two sights and ebay.

Never considered using a retailer. Chronomaster are the UK distributors for Steinhart, but their current price for an OVM in £ corresponds to 30 euros more than Steinhart charge for direct purchase. The GMT Ocean 1Black Ceramic, is 60 euros more.

I found it on gnomonwatches.com for $460 free shipping but wanted to know if anyone has ordered from there before.

markcwl1984

I have a Steinhart Ocean 1 Black and it's solid enough that I could use it as a knuckle-duster. I ordered direct from Steinhart and their customer service has been fantastic in my experience.

The watch keeps great time and finishing is excellent. Highly recommended!

markcwl1984

I have been wanting the Ocean One Vintage Red, great looking watch, I came across two sights to purchase gnomonwatches.com and chrono24.com, has anybody ordered from these two sights. I have been looking for one here in the U.S. but so far just these two sights and ebay.

Never considered using a retailer. Chronomaster are the UK distributors for Steinhart, but their current price for an OVM in £ corresponds to 30 euros more than Steinhart charge for direct purchase. The GMT Ocean 1Black Ceramic, is 60 euros more.

I found it on gnomonwatches.com for $460 free shipping but wanted to know if anyone has ordered from there before.

I've ordered straps and other accessories from Gnomonwatches and a friend has ordered several Steinharts from them. They're legit. :)

pthurst

Just received my Steinhart OVM (homage to the ultra-rare Rolex Milsub 5513/17). As per usual I watched pretty much every youtube video I could before making my decision, and as per usual, I've made a video of my own too... Hope it helps!

• Like 1

TigersFan

The Certina DS Action Diver can be had for a bit more than the Steinhart. It is not an exact submariner homage but it is a great dressy diver with true Swiss heritage.

Certina-DS-Action-Diver-Watch-1.jpg

Edited by TigersFan

Hinclimincli

I bought an Ocean One Black about a year ago and I can say it's a really good watch. Some thoughts:

1. It's 42mm, so slightly bigger than a normal Submariner. It's a downside for me as I have small wrists, but it might be something good for people that like big watches. Interestingly enough, it doesn't look tremendously big in your wrist because the dial/bezel ratio.

2. It's Swiss Made and sports a genuine Swiss ETA 2836-2, a calibre very well known for being a workhorse, durable and reliable.

3. Comes with all the trimmings, screwed down crown, (real) water-proof to 300m, etc.

4. It's sturdy. Feels sturdy. It weights a ton. A TON. It's something I really like, actually.

Some photos here:

IMG_20170401_103126_zpsdgasgiky.jpg

IMG_20170329_095340_zpsla1jlwq1.jpg

IMG_20170329_095646_zpsk7po0vsf.jpg

IMG_20170328_200646_zpsfigyj9lg.jpg

SCFX4L

I love my Ocean GMT ceramic, it keeps time well, really sports the GMT master II look well and feels great on the wrist. My only negative would be that the case is fairly flat, doesn't curve to the wrist which is generally fine for my larger wrist but smaller wrists may look funny with it. And I also wish i could find a carved bezel instead of the painted ceramic as it can be hard to read in certain light. All in all I'm a fan. I can post pictures if anyone needs help with a decision!

DavidAMcC

I haven't owned a Steinhart diver, but I do have a Steinhart "Flieger Buhr Type A" in bronze that I wear as my daily beater. I have only had this about 6 months, but it seems well made and the Unitas movement is very accurate. I think I probably only adjust it approximately once a month. Granted, I am not someone who becomes vexed if my watch is not in perfect step with the Speaking Clock (that will probably only mean something to people of a certain age here in the UK let alone anywhere else).

IMAG0915.jpg

IMAG0920.jpg

The soft focus of the wrist shot is no creative flare on my part. I think I had managed to smear some breakfast on the lens of my mobile!

Edited by DavidAMcC

jdinaz

I've been very impressed with the build quality for the price and extremely impressed with the resale value. On the bay the Pepsi gmt sells for the same price as buying direct for watches a few months old. Only real hit to the resale value is is it's a year old.

Just ordered two 39 mm versions. I think the 42 is a bit too big for me.

jdinaz
On 21/08/2015 at 11:22, emtp101 said:

Probably won't help you, but for anyone reading this...

Ordering direct from steinhart is cheaper given the current euro exchange rate. Especially if ordering multiple items. The shipping is not bad.

AS90

I just picked up an Ocean Forty Four. It’s superb! You can tell it’s a real Swiss watch, oozes quality!

ap_lover

Great manufacturer, high quality and affordable price, what more would you want?? 

This is Ocean One Vintage GMT

VDCG6e.md.jpg

mcn7710

Great quality and build, also great after-sale service. This is my Ocean 39 Explorer.

ZXA0D8.jpg

• Like 1

BadPickle

Always like this one although not that easy to come by but I’m sure @NFleischer has one 

F7-DAE2-C5-EF1-C-4-C94-9933-E83-D5311-FA

• Like 1

hasel5

I have a few and they are great watches for the price 

hasel5

ZXAJb1.jpg

Rozza72

Love my Steiny, Ocean one TI 500, great lume, light as a feather and no matter what watch i wear i always seem to come back to it.

jLRYD2.jpg

Rozza72

Oh and my latest edition on a nato seatbelt from watch gekko

jLR8BY.jpg

MarcusHencke

My business partner has owned two and there were no issues and he loves the retro diver look which looks loosely based on the Rolex MilSub.

Jason123456

Well built, lovely watches. If You are Ok with the homage/heavily inspired factor, very good choice. The only problem is the size. 42mm submariner style Steinharts are too big, but proportionally looking nice, the 39 mm versions are better in case size, but the dial is look like compressed, the proportions are little bit off.
#42mm ovm and g shock627f95e947715f4c03a192ac4fc878e1.jpg

Odoslané z SM-A505FN pomocou Tapatalku

Peter4103
Redfire1066

Steinhart been around now since 2001 . . ..  I have found Steinhart well built and fininshed and easy to wear  .. ..  sold with a fair price point which like most watch brands is now steadily rising  .. . .. .. . .    I have had many ..... a lot ...... and still have a handful .. ...  if you fancy a slightly different vibe to your Steinhart .... try Gnomon Watches Exlusive Special & Limited Editions . .. .  or contact Guido direct at Aachen Boutique, https://www.d-horlogerie.de/  for exclusive variations not normally sold outside of Germany .. .. .  or OLKO Boutique for their variations . .. .  in addition Steinhart has also made variations exlusively for sale in the Hong Kong market which you may come across searching the Web.