Sign in to follow this  
HeavyKrush

PAM512 Photoshoot...

HeavyKrush

As I've mentioned before, Tyler and I have a bit of a watch swap program going on with each shipping a watch every couple weeks from our own collection. It's been a great way to keep things fresh without burning through a ton of cash. In last week is Tyler's Panerai 512. Here's Tyler's write up: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=98673

Have to say I agree with everything except possibly the strap. Really no substitute for real gator, and this watch could really benefit from a great strap. The size as Tyler mentions, at 42 mm with the 1940 case, is perfect though. I myself am starting to lean towards the smaller watches. I really can't remember the last time I even had my DSSD on much less my 111. Also I'm really digging the simple but elegant qualities of this watch. Hardly a super rep, from the upside down/mirrored movement, to the larger case size, but I would be blown away to see this model in the flesh as it carries the usual Panerai price but not fully "Pam'ish" with the missing CG. Any who, this would very much be a keeper in my collection. Have to say the lume does not seem too good and fades quickly.

Ok, enough blah blah, on with a few pics from a very quick photoshoot (i.e. not much post work done to remove dust and the like)...

DSC_6468_zpsyrdsivg2.jpg

DSC_6473_zps2ou4dulh.jpg

DSC_6486_zps2lmf13o6.jpg

DSC_6474_zpsbnytcaap.jpg

DSC_6480_zpswg2s60xu.jpg

DSC_6479_zpshsfz11ug.jpg

DSC_6491_zpsdi8hzzts.jpg

DSC_6492_zpszhtum87z.jpg

Poor lume shot...

DSC_6503_zps0b68sxgu.jpg

KarmaToBurn

Amazing shots as always! Love this model and a great size for those of us with spindly wrists.

HeavyKrush

Thanks mate.

TheTinMan

Great pics of a nice watch. I too find myself leaning towards smaller watches lately. I do like the size of the 111, but I think 42mm is an ideal size, not too bulky, not in the way, and not too flashy or blingy. This watch seems to fit the bill. Shot, now I'll look around the dealers to see what's available. Can you do us all a favor and not take such nice pictures from now on?

Gazzla

Beautiful photos and a lovely watch. Why did you have to post it on a Sunday when I'm vaguely bored with an already low temptation threshold . . .

:lmao:

Flipper81

I like this a lot!!!

HeavyKrush

Thanks mate.

Beautiful photos and a lovely watch. Why did you have to post it on a Sunday when I'm vaguely bored with an already low temptation threshold . . .

just add a little alcohol to the mix and you'll have a watch buying trifecta!

Gazzla

Thanks mate.

Exactly. Give it a couple of hours and I'll be waiting for QC pics . . . FFS . . . :facepalm:

HeavyKrush

Thanks mate.

Exactly. Give it a couple of hours and I'll be waiting for QC pics . . . FFS . . . :facepalm:

Grab a mimosa or two... much faster this way. ;)

shinjun

I never was a fan of PAMs but these pictures are hella good :stars:

LightGeek

Very nice! I'm set on the baby PAMs. The 512 is my "dressy" and the 337 is the "everyday" PAM for me.

HeavyKrush

Thanks gents.

Agree Light. The only Panerai I have that's remotely dress is my 388. Wish it was a tad smaller and without the date complication then it would be perfect.

Not That Rich

Great pictures and like the strap

HeavyKrush

Guess it's just me with the strap. Thanks mate.

ellistyle1

I recognize the quality gap in real gator vs rep gator, but I was honestly surprised at how decent this rep gator is. I've definitely seen/felt worse.

Great pics, brother. I'm quite certain you could feed your family with those skills.

Thanks again!

Gazzla

Thanks gents.

Agree Light. The only Panerai I have that's remotely dress is my 388. Wish it was a tad smaller and without the date complication then it would be perfect.

Are you kidding? The 388 is the BEST PAM ever made!!

Anyhow, Members send me constant PMs saying that they've bought a watch because of my pics. Now the boot's on the other foot because I've just pulled the trigger on this and it's all your fault! :facepalm:

Thanks again for the great pics! :D

HeavyKrush

Thanks gents.

Are you kidding? The 388 is the BEST PAM ever made!!

Anyhow, Members send me constant PMs saying that they've bought a watch because of my pics. Now the boot's on the other foot because I've just pulled the trigger on this and it's all your fault! :facepalm:

Thanks again for the great pics! :D

Now I'm the enabler... Nice. :)