Sign in to follow this  
vranckx

PAM 616, recent experiences ?

vranckx

Hi, I am a newbie here, and ...yes I have posted a little introduction elsewhere :-)

Arrived here while searching for a Panerai PAM389. Got a lot of info, ended up by chosing the Kuvarsit Seagull version but...

Changed my mind when I came across a PAM616 Carbotech. Yes...you love it or hate it. But maybe it's time for me to go a little bizerk...

Anyways : Have been reading about the Carbotech here on the forum as well, but cannot make up my mind :

The Kuvarsit Seagull version for 350€ seems to be a good choice. I read in the topic about the PAM389 that the seagull choice over the more expensive 7750 is a no brainer... I guess this is the case for this watch too ?

Torobravos and Perfect Clones' versions are more expensive than the seagull version and more important : they also seem more "artificial". That is : the pattern is too repetitive to look "natural", especialy compared to the real stuff.

So : all experiences and comments on any of these are welcome. And you can call me stupid for changing my mind to a carbotech as well if you'd like to... :-)

Peter from Brussels, Belgium

GenTLe

Search "ALE pam guide" there is a huge guide over RWI forum about Pam reps and there you will find all the info you can desire :)

mysterio

The statement regarding the movement is the same across the models that use both the A7750 and ST2555 movements. The case of the V6F Carbotech is the same for both movements as well, so the artificial appearance of the A7750 version is really unfounded (although there may be slight variations batch to batch).

ALE7575

I cannot agree more with mysterio

As a recommendation, try to get another love and forget PAM 389 and Carbotech, there are better reps in the market

ALE

JazzV3

As a recommendation, try to get another love and forget PAM 389 and Carbotech, there are better reps in the market

ALE

ALE

Has anyone ever asked you, "What's your favorite PAM"?

mysterio

ALE

ALE

If I had a dollar for everytime that's happened, I would never run out of money to buy reps. :lol:

ALE7575

ALE

ALE

Several times every day by e-mail and PM

LOL

ALE

simonbolivar

ALE

ALE

Several times every day by e-mail and PM

LOL

ALE

There was a short list that you had posted (informally) to someone's question... It was a few months ago, I wish I could find it.

It was just a breakdown of 10 or 12 best looking, most accurate Pams, both on-wrist and overall.

ALE7575

Yes I know but a list should be updated every month

I have not the current list

ALE