Sign in to follow this  
energnag

Best way to ship ????

energnag

Will soon order my first rep from either Mary or Lawrence.

I note that they both quote prices with "free shipping", but their websites go on to charge an additional 30-40 U.S dollars for EMS, Fed Ex, DHL, etc.

What's with this, and is it worth it ?

trailboss99

Free shipping is Air Mail. This usually takes about 10-15 days to most parts of the world whereas EMS takes 4-5 days.

There is no way I would ship a rep by DHL or Fedex, the chances of losing it to customs are much greater as they employ their own

customs people who are a lot more vigilant. Where in the world are you mate?

Col.

Del

I've used both options with Mary and free only with Lawrence. Unless you're in a big hurry, I'd take the free air mail option ;).

stiltzkin

Not to crap on the thread - but a variation on a theme. When ever you have had to return a watch back to the dealer for repair. What shipping method is best to use and what details do you put on the documentation? UK back to Singapore.

I was about to use Fedex until reading this thread.

Clearly i don't put 'REPLICA WATCH BEING RETURNED' - any advice as to what you should put to not raise questions.

Cheers...

AllergyDoc

From the US, I return watches via registered air mail. Less than $20 and very secure.

greg_r
Not to crap on the thread - but a variation on a theme. When ever you have had to return a watch back to the dealer for repair. What shipping method is best to use and what details do you put on the documentation? UK back to Singapore.

Clearly i don't put 'REPLICA WATCH BEING RETURNED' - any advice as to what you should put to not raise questions.

Cheers...

DO NOT USE FEDEX, DHL, EMS OR ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT. Your watch WILL be seized.

Registered airmail is the safe way, as AD said.

stiltzkin

Thanks guys - airmail it is then!

Cheers

energnag

Trailboss99 ........

I'll be shipping to USA.

From the responses so far, looks like the free shipping by airmail would be the cheapest and most secure way to go.

Thanks all !!!

Hmmmmm, perhaps a sticky somewhere is in order ( unless one already exists ). I could not find one.

dejavu157

What company ships by registered air mail as this is my first time shipping to china.

Chr1st0c

EMS has worked really well for me in South Africa... From Mary to delivery addres 5 days .... Tops!

DR3M3L

Cheers...

DO NOT USE FEDEX, DHL, EMS OR ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT. Your watch WILL be seized.

Registered airmail is the safe way, as AD said.

I always used DHL, then I used just once free airmail and it got seized.. So for me in the netherlands: 9-0 for DHL vs Airmail..

stabilo

Got watch on way from Mary to UK. But she refused free airmail and insisted on EMS. Too many missing items was the reason. What's going on?

jeams

there is huge delay with china post. Customers might be mailling her a lot about missing parcel. Imo, thats why she prefers ems to ship to country where customs risks are manageable. She keeps registered airmail for customs crazy countries and wait for the butthurt delay mails related to!

Edited by jeams