Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

Just got my Rolex YachtMaser YUCK!!!

PeterWorcester

Wow, (just so you all know, this is an edited post)

I did a little experiment and ordered a GMT-II from one "Trusted Dealer" and a Yacht Master from another "Trusted Dealer", wanted to see if there was much difference between replicas and didn't want to order two of the same, way to scientific for me.

The GMT-II arrived and I was blown away at the craftsmanship and could not tell it apart from my real GMT-II, it was that good. Unfortunately I had to send it back as the movement was DOA when I got the watch, but expect the replacement in a couple of weeks.

Today the YachtMaster arrived, I was quite let down, It's all loose and feels like something that was on the market years ago before replicas matured. This was supposed to be a perfect replica etc. The first give away is the casing, next, the movement is no sweeping second hand. I'm actually afraid to shower with it. (I've had a rep that hasn't left my wrist 24x7 for 15 months, dive, shower, windsurf etc, but I have to say I'm Leary about this YM, which is too bad)

It's an inferior product in my opinion, I don't want to name names etc because I don't think that's fair. I wasn't aware of the larger than expected difference in reps, I guess. As you all have so "kindly" pointed out, I should have done my homework but as I said it was an experiment more than anything.

Just thought I'd share that little story with everyone. (Hopefully I've remove "my attitude" and "Inflammatory" language and just gotten to bare facts.

(As I said earlier, I've gone back and edited this post because it seemed to bring out all the wonderful characteristics in the replies that follow)

Oh and sorry for no pictures, I have no where to post them, they would serve no purpose because you can't feel the looseness of a bracelet in a picture, or the looseness of a bezel etc etc)

Cheers all,

Peter

barkingtoad

pictures would help

my yachtys great

DeLaForce

So what use is this to me , no pics , and no names lol?

Tristan123
Wow,

I did a little experiment and ordered a GMT-II from one "Trusted Dealer" and a Yacht Master from another "Trusted Dealer".

The GMT-II arrived and I was blown away at the craftsmanship and could not tell it apart from my real GMT-II, it was that good. Unfortunately I had to send it back as the movement was DOA when I got the watch, but expect the replacement in a couple of weeks.

Today the YachtMaster arrived, what a let down, It's all loose and feels like the $65 cheapo's you could buy 10 years ago, this was supposedly the swiss 2836-2 movement and a perfect replica etc. The first give away is the casing, next, the movement is no sweeping second hand that's for sure. I'm actually afraid to shower with it.

It's a piece of junk in my opinion, I don't want to name names etc because I don't think that's fair but I know where I'll be buying my Reps from now on. Hands down.

The GMT, I upgraded to their nice new DSDD and its already on its way here sent by someone we all respect and that GMT-II was absolutely incredible craftsmanship, I truly mean that. I was blown away. I understand this DSDD is just as good. I also have a basic vintage Submariner on order from the same person too. Can't wait for that either.

I can now see why the GMT dealer doesn't sell the YM watch, not up to his standards.

Just thought I'd share that little story and disappointment with everyone.

Cheers all,

Peter

:lol:

scc

how much did you pay for the Yatchmaster..

Akira

What's up Peter?

It's a piece of junk in my opinion, I don't want to name names etc because I don't think that's fair but I know where I'll be buying my Reps from now on. Hands down.

Have you contacted the dealer?

If he is trusted he will help you.

I'm actually afraid to shower with it.

Have your read a single post about reps at all?

Even a waterproofed rep isn't for showering!

Maybe your lack of knowledge is responsible for your disappointment ?

Is there a need for such drama?

PeterWorcester
Wow,

I did a little experiment and ordered a GMT-II from one "Trusted Dealer" and a Yacht Master from another "Trusted Dealer".

Today the YachtMaster arrived, what a let down, It's all loose and feels like the $65 cheapo's you could buy 10 years ago, this was supposedly the swiss 2836-2 movement and a perfect replica etc. The first give away is the casing, next, the movement is no sweeping second hand that's for sure. I'm actually afraid to shower with it.

The GMT, I upgraded to their nice new DSDD and its already on its way here sent by someone we all respect and that GMT-II was absolutely incredible craftsmanship, I truly mean that. I was blown away. I understand this DSDD is just as good. I also have a basic vintage Submariner on order from the same person too. Can't wait for that either.

I can now see why the GMT dealer doesn't sell the YM watch, not up to his standards.

Cheers all,

Peter

All,

Will gladly provide pics, but cut me some slack, I literally just got it less then 20 minutes from posting this thread. I'm not going to name names, I don't believe that's fair. As far as cost it was "on sale" for US $250 and it's going back for US $250 :-)

Pics to follow, except I'm new here so I'm not sure how to get them here, I guess I could insert them directly into the post.

Excuse me for sharing and not providing any value to any one. I would have thought you all could figure out who one of the dealers was quite easily… And the pics will follow, but I need to at least get home where I can access my camera.

Geezzz…

greg_r

Some reps are better than others. That's the way the hobby is. Ultimately, it's something you'll get better at working out as time goes by - it's not down to the dealer, some stock a wider range than others, but you have to remember that, with a few exceptions, all dealers source watches from the same handful of factories.

Research is the key - and that's what this site is about :lol:

Glad you like the GMT-II

Akira

In your hand for 20mins and first thing you do is flaming it with an open post.

You should have stayed calm and contacted the dealer first.

prestigewatchco

Well if you had taken 5 mins to read up you would have been aware that that the only 2 YM's worth buying are the BK one at around $700 and the one we sell at at $170 all the rest are not upto the mark.

stiltzkin

I can appreciate the disappointment with receiving something which does not live up to expectations – but no need for the menstrual drama regarding the guess work as to who you’re talking about.

You had a good experience with a dealer – why not name them – as you alluded to, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out which dealer you have had a good experience with from your post history.

Sounds like you have contacted the ‘other’ dealer? Shit happens from time to time – as long as you get it resolved with the dealer, all is well…. Simples… 

Akira
Well if you had taken 5 mins to read up you would have been aware that that the only 2 YM's worth buying are the BK one at around $700 and the one we sell at at $170 all the rest are not upto the mark.

Is your watch "showerproof" Robert?

:rofl:

Slim

Negative feedback is as useful or more useful to me than positive feedback, even if more disappointing to read. However they aren't very useful without knowing the product it refers to.

Fair point about showering, but the rest of the comments are not so easy to dismiss.

prestigewatchco

I think I pissed over one I was wearing one night when i was drunk was still working in the morning as I remember!

So maybe they are but I tend to not need a watch on when I am showering so can't be sure.

Just for the record here is the guys original post about the GMT11 that is such a great watch now!

*I can't begin to tell you all how bummed I am at receiving my new GMT II from Replicamake, after it taking 21 days to finally get here and the pictures looking great, only to find that the Minute hand can't make a complete hour revolution without sticking in various places, never the same place. It looses 5 minutes for every 15 that go buy ..."

Slim

Negative feedback is as useful or more useful to me than positive feedback, even if more disappointing to read. However they aren't very useful without knowing the product it refers to.

Fair point about showering, but the rest of the comments are not so easy to dismiss.

.. having said that though, to be fair I don't think it's right to make a blanket assumption about a particular dealer based on one experience. I would only draw a conclusion from this feedback about the product, and this one transaction.

Akira

I think I pissed over one I was wearing one night when i was drunk was still working in the morning as I remember!

So maybe they are but I tend to not need a watch on when I am showering so can't be sure.

Just for the record here is the guys original post about the GMT11 that is such a great watch now!

*I can't begin to tell you all how bummed I am at receiving my new GMT II from Replicamake, after it taking 21 days to finally get here and the pictures looking great, only to find that the Minute hand can't make a complete hour revolution without sticking in various places, never the same place. It looses 5 minutes for every 15 that go buy ..."

If you wear your automatic watch in the shower

you can charge it though masturbating....

Its all about economics :rofl:

Tristan123

You should learn to slow down a little Peter,

you certainly made a mistake washing your laundry here on this board!! :rofl:

SirDomino
If you wear your automatic watch in the shower

you can charge it though masturbating....

Its all about economics :rofl:

So why can't you wear a watch in the shower that is waterproofed?

Does masturbating with the hand the watch is on really help recharge it? Do I need to make long smooth strokes or short fast ones?

And I do agree that you should work with the dealer and then update us on the resolution.

Definitely need pics as well. I am just wondering if the watch is as bad as you say it is why did the "Trusted" dealer send it? Did you INSIST on it? Did the dealer warn you?

I'd think that a trusted dealer would rather sell someone nothing instead of an inferior watch.

Edited by sirdomino

PeterWorcester

Wow,

I wasn't aware that people would react so negatively to this post. I'll just fade away and you all can get on with your lives. I'll even ask the admins to pull this.

My apologies for wasting everyone's time. Just for the record I started the post saying I did a little experiment, I knew about one dealer, and I don't know about the rest of you but I've dove and showered with a rep from him for the last year plus with NO issues. Just wanted to share a story with you all, but I can plainly see that was a HUGE mistake given the apparent flogging I'm receiving.

Just wanted to share a story and I get all this crap from people. Don't need all that. I thought this was a pretty decent place to learn about a common hobby until this. I thought most people were even helpful to noobies like myself but I can see I was plainly wrong.

dingle
Wow,

Cheers all,

Peter

Wow,

I wasn't aware that people would react so negatively to this post. I'll just fade away and you all can get on with your lives. I'll even ask the admins to pull this.

My apologies for wasting everyone's time. Just for the record I started the post saying I did a little experiment, I knew about one dealer, and I don't know about the rest of you but I've dove and showered with a rep from him for the last year plus with NO issues. Just wanted to share a story with you all, but I can plainly see that was a HUGE mistake given the apparent flogging I'm receiving.

Just wanted to share a story and I get all this crap from people. Don't need all that. I thought this was a pretty decent place to learn about a common hobby until this. I thought most people were even helpful to noobies like myself but I can see I was plainly wrong.

It is usually is Peter, but it is the 'wording' you used and the 'attitude' by those words that trigger the flogging. I know where you are coming from and a little different wording can make all the difference. I hope you understand and will stick around....:rofl:

.....by the way, did I mention this was the nuthouse? :rofl:

KeNnY

okay people, where are the cameras ? :rofl: I think this is some joke or something. Peter, are you trying to get somebody pissed or what ? :rofl:

DeLaForce

Bah don't be like that mate... If you're a noob like me and you you're expected to get shit . I'm afraid that's just life :rofl:

PeterWorcester

Interesting prestige that you would take the original post WAY out of context,and take the rest of the post out, to make it sound like I magically dissed the GMT initially only to later claim that it was "wonderful", you should have posted the whole post from me, especially where I comment about how I'd never seen such quality craftsmanship in a rep. I couldn't tell the difference from my real GMT it was so well crafted, but you conveniently left that part out, to what end ?

Everyone seems to be missing the point of the first sentence of my post. "IT WAS AN EXPERIMENT", HELLO !!!!

Oh and by the way, I've had a rep watch that I dive with constantly, hasn't left my wrist in 15 months, 24x7, hence the comment about being afraid to shower with the YM, it wasn't drama, it was a comment. I've found the good quality reps are definitely waterproof, quite so.

I came here to learn from people who share a common hobby only to get all this crap. I don't think so, you all have a nice time.

Cheers all,

Peter

prestigewatchco

I am sorry but you did open with what I posted as you opened this thread with drama. If you really wanted to be taken seriously you would have named names and posted pictures rather than dramatize the issue

If everyone had been sympathetic and told you how harshly you had been treated you would have thought this was the greatest place on earth.

The fact you were told in short that you were whinging for the sake of it was not the response you wanted so now everyone is picking on you

greg_r
worf_facepalm.gif