Sign in to follow this  
wat44

Fast seconds

wat44

I think there are some seconds that go twice around (with two sets of markers and the hands having a white end and a red end)

elprimero

Zenith striking 10th ("foudroyante") - chrono seconds hand goes around the dial 6 times / minute.

Zenith striking 10th

It makes sense for this chrono, as you can read elapsed time with 1/10s precision (also, the movement beats 10 times / second).

Why would you want the regular seconds hand to run 3 times faster, and how would you read the seconds, then?

wat44

that is awesome - just about twice as fast - but otherwise, exactly what I meant!!!

wat44

watchen quartz

wonder if the rep does that?

wat44

Puretime

asked them both that question...

sconehead

...that's not really Chinese writing mate...

wanker.jpg

:lmao:

wat44

no replies from watcheden or puretime

do they normally take a long time for web-based enquiries? or best to contact another way?

thanks

P.S. youre a wanker too!

wat44

I was watching Kenny's video with some fast seconds at 6 - hmmm whack a propeller on that one!

wat movement is it?

KeNnY
I was watching Kenny's video with some fast seconds at 6 - hmmm whack a propeller on that one!

wat movement is it?

yes I didn' know that Oris Prodiver use this type of modification of Quartz Miyota movement :) I will maybe get the correct number but it is always modification of OS10 movement maybe.

KeNnY

it is quartz miyota OS60

flottiglia

I've seen it done by model railway guys who run their little trains to a speeded up timetable !

Shortening the balance swing by "adjusting" the hairspring will do the job.Otherwise just take the pallet fork out it will really go like hell then ! :)

On a quartz i guess you could change the stepping motor in the running seconds for one that normally operates the 10ths dial and then the rest of the watch would keep time as normal...