Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

NEW RELEASE Nautilus with decorated Miyota!!

_DC_
Video?

I must be missing something, I can't see a video on their website!

DC

There videos don't appear on mobile devices, guessing they are still flash based.

Ah, that makes sense!

DC

Godfathar

I accessed the site via my computer.

bowtiefanatc

Looking at the video it is quite a bit thicker for such a slim watch. Very sad. Just fix the damn hands in the old Miyota!

Mattcrx

Never really saw the interest in hear watches..... Then tried one on the other day........ Absolutely dying to have one now!!!!! Damn you DC damn you!!! Haha

thehacker

I am looking for a rep Nautilus 5711 (preferably white), and have a few concerns hopefully fellow members can comment.

1. Can't find intime from the list of trusted dealers, not sure about their reputation. Anybody dealt with them before?

2. The new one has a wrong face, I counted 16 ridges on the face while the gen has 18. Also the color looks off because the gen has a rather greenish shade of blue. Then again this could be due to lighting conditions when the pictures are taken.

3. They do have an older one which has the correct face and if you like the blue one - it looks more closely resemble the gen, although the rotor is not as nicely decorated and its cheaper - and it's cheaper.

4. I would very much like to get the seemingly popular blue, but its of a shade that few seem to be able to get it right. I have never seen a gen black Nautilus so I'm not sure. That's why a white one seem to be the safest choice as it's not that easy to get the white wrong... right?

Please help me address these concerns before I pull the trigger.

bowtiefanatc

New MK one is not as accurate as the most recent Miyota version with wrong hands. Black one is fantasy, the did make a grey one in Gen but that's as close to black.

Face color blue is inaccurate too, the gen is more blue green. See DC's review here:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=82449

Godfathar

^^ That is correct, although the black dial does exist with its smaller sister the 3711G. but for the SS 5711, only blue, white and grey. (grey on leather strap not SS bracelet)

patek-philipe.jpg

jakethemouse

Can you replace the SS strap on the 5711 rep with a leather one? I like the SS strap but want to wear a leather one every now and then but don't know how to change it.

Sorry if this is a noob question.

_DC_
Can you replace the SS strap on the 5711 rep with a leather one? I like the SS strap but want to wear a leather one every now and then but don't know how to change it.

Sorry if this is a noob question.

I'm afraid you can't, they have very different end links, the leather strap has an end link that kinda goes inside the leather like a little "tongue"!

DC

964boy

First impression, Iike the rotor a lot!!!

DC

Me too.

Got a RG V6F 1:1 edition with Swiss SW200 movement inbound from Toro, and waiting is a gen brown croc strap :nana:

And all down to you sir :giggle:

Canny wait

Haha, sorry for the dent in your bank balance buddy, but you won't regret it, that's a truly killer combo!!!

DC

Do you think this new miyota rotor would fit the SW200 movement ??????

_DC_

DC

Me too.

Got a RG V6F 1:1 edition with Swiss SW200 movement inbound from Toro, and waiting is a gen brown croc strap :nana:

And all down to you sir :giggle:

Canny wait

Haha, sorry for the dent in your bank balance buddy, but you won't regret it, that's a truly killer combo!!!

DC

Do you think this new miyota rotor would fit the SW200 movement ??????

Not even a little bit, no.

DC

tesmith2112

Pointed out to me by a fellow Patek loving member.

They've had a go at a 324sc by decorating a Miyota, it's not exactly convincing but it's aesthetically more pleasing me more accurate than the standard Miyota. It looks to have gotten fatter to compensate for the extra bridges though!

For those who can't be arsed to follow the link...

34A02B9A-FC2C-4F5C-A07C-8379A9054358_zpsxdvheuct.jpg

Link to the watch on Ryan's site...

http://www.intime.co...sian-pp315.html

Thoughts?!?

DC

Font is still too small on these models. Too bad that cant get that right.

Godfathar

I can't believe DC haven't gotten one already and did a comparison thread.. (hint hint)

_DC_

Not gonna happen I'm afraid gents, the thickness just makes it a non starter when there's the fabulous undecorated Miyota version. I might, however, be ordering one of the new 5117 Calatravas with the similar movement, because despite also suffering from being too thick there simply isn't a better option available!!

DC

bowtiefanatc

why can't they just put the right hands in the old Miyota. Oh well. I would consider the white faced one in the MK factory but the thickness kills it for me

Edited by bowtiefanatc

Skyboss

Just received new MK version, love the watch but very disappointed with bracelet. Can barely get it over my hand once on fits well but should have had more adjustable .

yourlefttoe
Just received new MK version, love the watch but very disappointed with bracelet. Can barely get it over my hand once on fits well but should have had more adjustable .

Pics?

Thanks

Godfathar

A great member over at RWI markiemark has posted this today!!!!!!!

"New version coming soon!

http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=vi...extra=page%3D1

It says Noob is making one and MKF will come with a v2..."

Very excited about the news. Looking forward to seeing new versions :)

_DC_
A great member over at RWI markiemark has posted this today!!!!!!!

"New version coming soon!

http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=vi...extra=page%3D1

It says Noob is making one and MKF will come with a v2..."

Very excited about the news. Looking forward to seeing new versions :)

Can't wait to see what they get wrong on the next one :rofl:

DC

cufflink

As long as they uses the decoration I doubt the thickness can be improved.

Godfathar

Another great member over at RWI Doud has posted this!!!

"Guys the MKF is not as thick as you think, using a digital caliper from crystal to crystal I get 10.05mm, using the caliper from the bezel to the highest point in the metal part of the caseback i get 9.81mm. Yes it is thicker, but nowhere near 12mm."

vzyhylk.jpgqqm3hmb.jpg

jtkttvy.jpg

Can I ask someone who had done the same for the old Miyota, with no deco, to chip in and tell us how much exactly is the thickness on that beauty?

_DC_

"Guys the MKF is not as thick as you think, using a digital caliper from crystal to crystal I get 10.05mm, using the caliper from the bezel to the highest point in the metal part of the caseback i get 9.81mm. Yes it is thicker, but nowhere near 12mm."

vzyhylk.jpgqqm3hmb.jpg

jtkttvy.jpg

Can I ask someone who had done the same for the old Miyota, with no deco, to chip in and tell us how much exactly is the thickness on that beauty?

I remember someone posting about this RWI thread before, I had a suspicion that 12mm was incorrect (like most thickness measurements quoted on TD sites).

Just checked my undecorated Miyota Nautilus and it comes in at 8.75mm, so 1.3mm difference between the two. Doesn't sound a lot but it's still more than I'd like. For me the bigger problem is the end links and dial pattern!!

DC

bowtiefanatc

the dial pattern is just too off, I would rather deal with the wrong hands personally. Plus that one is cheaper for a more accurate dial and all around construction

Godfathar

I remember someone posting about this RWI thread before, I had a suspicion that 12mm was incorrect (like most thickness measurements quoted on TD sites).

Just checked my undecorated Miyota Nautilus and it comes in at 8.75mm, so 1.3mm difference between the two. Doesn't sound a lot but it's still more than I'd like. For me the bigger problem is the end links and dial pattern!!

DC

8.75mm crystal to crystal? That's a huge difference indeed.