Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

NEW RELEASE Nautilus with decorated Miyota!!

_DC_

Pointed out to me by a fellow Patek loving member.

They've had a go at a 324sc by decorating a Miyota, it's not exactly convincing but it's aesthetically more pleasing me more accurate than the standard Miyota. It looks to have gotten fatter to compensate for the extra bridges though!

For those who can't be arsed to follow the link...

34A02B9A-FC2C-4F5C-A07C-8379A9054358_zpsxdvheuct.jpg

Link to the watch on Ryan's site...

http://www.intime.co/patek-philippe/2276-nautilus-jumbo-5711-blue-dial-on-bracelet-asian-pp315.html

Thoughts?!?

First impression, Iike the rotor a lot!!!

DC

Gmtaddict

Come on mate, I had just manage to sell all of my 5 Nautilus and you bring up a new one?

Well, good try on the movement, I can also only applause the fix of the hour and minute hands, but why the hell using the wrong dial again?

964boy

DC

Me too.

Got a RG V6F 1:1 edition with Swiss SW200 movement inbound from Toro, and waiting is a gen brown croc strap :nana:

And all down to you sir :giggle:

Canny wait

wdev

Yes, movement is more pretty and hands are more accurate than the previous Miyota version. But that dial seems more rounded, I don't really like it

nautilus-jumbo-5711-blue-dial-on-bracelet-asian-pp315.jpg

The previous dial was more accurate IMO

nautilus-jumbo-5711-blue-dial-on-bracelet-japanese-miyota-9015.jpg

Gen

img_7605.jpg

_DC_
Yes, movement is more pretty and hands are more accurate than the previous Miyota version. But that dial seems more rounded, I don't really like it

nautilus-jumbo-5711-blue-dial-on-bracelet-asian-pp315.jpg

The previous dial was more accurate IMO

nautilus-jumbo-5711-blue-dial-on-bracelet-japanese-miyota-9015.jpg

Gen

img_7605.jpg

Yeah I agree, as it's a Miyota base movement it should be switchable though, that plus the hands would make for easily the best Natilus rep yet?!?

DC

kennycoder

Also the bracelet looks more round-ish and the finish is cheaper looking imho.

_DC_

DC

Me too.

Got a RG V6F 1:1 edition with Swiss SW200 movement inbound from Toro, and waiting is a gen brown croc strap :nana:

And all down to you sir :giggle:

Canny wait

Haha, sorry for the dent in your bank balance buddy, but you won't regret it, that's a truly killer combo!!!

DC

_DC_

Hard to tell from these shots, the only close up is of the clasp end which looks more round-ish anyway as the mid link plots are smaller. Also can't quite tell if the endlinks are correct or if they're like the SW200 ones!!

It shouldn't be cheaper looking as it's more expensive, but as we know from the SW200 a higher price doesn't necessarily mean a better finish!!

DC

Kleen™

Swapping a better looking, but invisible mvmt for a thicker, always visible thickness is a poor trade-off imo...

kennycoder

Hard to tell from these shots, the only close up is of the clasp end which looks more round-ish anyway as the mid link plots are smaller. Also can't quite tell if the endlinks are correct or if they're like the SW200 ones!!

It shouldn't be cheaper looking as it's more expensive, but as we know from the SW200 a higher price doesn't necessarily mean a better finish!!

DC

Finish looks quite different. Dunno why looks cheaper to me. But yes, these pics are no good for a proper judgment.

ygnt0OS.jpg

Godfathar

^^ +1 on Kleens remark.

This watch in particular you don't make it thicker. You just don't.

_DC_
Swapping a better looking, but invisible mvmt for a thicker, always visible thickness is a poor trade-off imo...

Just compared the side shot with my Miyota Nauti and I'm not sure if it is thicker actually, I just assumed it must be, but maybe it's not?!?

DC

bowtiefanatc

This one looks pretty darn nice...glad I didn't pull the trigger on a nautilus yet!

Barth

Dial looks bad.

misterbing

Nice! Price isn't bad either

bowtiefanatc

TS states the thickness as 10mm, same as Selitta version. Hopefully that's accurate. I'd like to see a better shot of the dial, all of the ones I have seen are not that great

Godfathar

Both Intime and TS have the dial with not so accurate shade of blue. The blue on them is closer to the 21J Nautilus I purchased few weeks back for the hands.

But we all know TD pics aren't always the best to judge from.

Time will tell.

Kleen™
TS states the thickness as 10mm, same as Selitta version. Hopefully that's accurate. I'd like to see a better shot of the dial, all of the ones I have seen are not that great

The Selitta is closer to 11mm...the 'old' Miyota 9015 is close to 10mm.

Kleen™
Some better photos on TS Watch website, dial looks better in these too!!

http://www.tswatchltd.com/17489-pt17489-patek-nautilus-mkf-1-1-best-blue-dial-ss-bracelet-a315.html

Might be worth investigating further!!

DC

Highly disappointed you haven't already bought and reviewed this yet...you're slacking, Dave...;)

Retina

Any chance your getting this to do a review DC? You always do an awesome job :thumbsup:

definitely thicker, but cant be helped for deco movements.... its still a huge step up compared to fresh miyotas....

Dharma

I have ordered it, but dealer told me is not available before 15 of september

Godfathar

12mm thick according to PT website, the old Miyota is 10mm thick, which is still 1mm thicker than the gen, imagine how 3mm thicker than gen would look like in person. On the 5711, the 3mm added thickness in comparison with the gen makes a huge difference in the look of the watch in my opinion. and I think that would be a big tell.

But all in all, I think if the person will buy the MKF as his/her first 5711, he/she won't feel the difference. But PP enthusiasts, rep or gen, will feel something awkward about the watch, but won't know what it is, until they see the thickness. This was the first thing that grabbed my eyes when I looked at PT site pics. and the video gave it away when I saw the side of the watch.

kindest regards

_DC_

Video?

I must be missing something, I can't see a video on their website!

DC

Duzza
Video?

I must be missing something, I can't see a video on their website!

DC

There videos don't appear on mobile devices, guessing they are still flash based.