Sign in to follow this  
manny

Hublots and AP's

manny

Hi folks hope your all well! Im currently looking at AP and Hublot Reps particularly the Royal Oak and the Big Bang and was after some advice. Which dealers offer the best model and more importantly which movement should I go for? From what Ive read is it correct to avoid the 7750?

Cheers

Manny

manny

Also would the quartz movement be good for one of these watches? Would it allow the chronograph functions to work?

djprone
Also would the quartz movement be good for one of these watches? Would it allow the chronograph functions to work?

Hi mate, as long as you're careful with a 7750 movement and follow the simple instructions in the how to guides here it should be fine. A quartz movement will give you virtually no problems, but obviously the second hand and stopwatch hand will tick instead of 'sweep', I have been looking at an AP Royal Oak quartz for some time. Most people will never have seen a gen AP or Hublot so won't really notice the difference.

greg_r

I used to have a quartz AP. It's a good watch - many of them in very high quality cases.

If you go for a ROO with an A7750, avoid the secs@12 models (which are a lot more expensive anyhow) as the modifications involved make the 7750 less than entirely reliable - it's basically pretty much the same problem as the Daytona.

I'd buy a quartz or secs@9 AP ROO.

Baldrick

Avoid NOTHING, but the Hublot B)

manny

What do you mean mate?

wat44

he means hublots are ugly fads

djprone
Avoid NOTHING, but the Hublot ;)

Hublot are the Bugatti Veyron of the watch world hahaha

NFleischer

The Hublot do have the sec @ 9 which is quite reliable. You can get a very nice one for under $300

DSC00313.jpg

theflyingdutchman
Avoid NOTHING, but the Hublot ;)

Yes, HBB's are so ugly...NOT! :D Is this ugly?

t4.jpg

or this:

xxxxxx5.jpg

I guess not!

The Hublot do have the sec @ 9 which is quite reliable. You can get a very nice one for under $300

DSC00313.jpg

VERY NICE!

Baldrick

In a word...YES !

wat44

two words: Fucking ugly

three?

djprone

fucking cunting ugly?

andygt

Hublots look like bad AP homages

d1isthe1

The quartz movement is reliable but certainly wud be pointed out as a Fakey as none of the gen come with quartz, go fo an AP with an automatic movement with sec @9... if one can carry it. Personally i love both the brands AP as well a Hublot.

greg_r
Hublots look like bad AP homages

+1

rc42

The quartz is probably OK for a Hublot, especially if its for occasional use as you won't have to set the time each time you put it on. The ticking on the sub-dial at 9 is not really noticable, it would be on the chrono seconds but you don't have to have that running. Plus, as mentioned, nobody you meet will ever have seen a real one and even if they had they wouldn't know, in fact, even if they were wearing one they probably wouldn't know the difference.

I'm not a big fan of either the AP or the Hublot, they both look OK but I wouldn't want to wear one, all tastes are different though, how else can you explain the popularity of Panerai on these forums