Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Rolex Submariner LV Green SS Noobfactory-asian copy 2836

Slim

My "Rolex Submariner LV Green SS Noobfactory-asian copy 2836" arrived in the UK this morning. Here are a few pics and a couple of comments.

For the price ($103.00 including postage) I think it's good value. But I wasn't quite as knocked out as I was with the $88 DSSD from Replicamake. To be clear, that's not intended as a comment about the relative merits of the two dealers, just these two products.

lv01.jpg

lv02.jpg

lv03.jpg

The bracelet on the LV rep feels a little bit cheap - definitely not in the same class as the DSSD's. The bottom endpiece is a little bit gappy, and the bracelet seems to sit a little too high on the top endpiece (where it's a little stiff and sticking as well, although I'm sure that will disappear with wear).

More positively, the dial looks very good, the engraving on the rehaut looks perfect (to me) and I'm liking the crown engraved on the crystal. The bezel looks spot on.

The movement feels much more smooth and positive to wind and adjust. It might be my imagination but I think the sweep is a bit smoother, as well.

On the whole though, while the DSSD has the feel of a high-quality watch - I could probably be convinced that it was real (not necessarily in terms of accuracy, but in terms of build quality and detail) I don't think that's quite the case here.

For $93 + postage though, I have no complaint. Reasonably happy, and enjoying wearing it.

greg_r

hmm - sub bracelets aren't the greatest (even the gen ones). Give it a good oiling and it'll feel better.

Looks pretty darned nice for the dough imho.

dingle

yep. looks great. :D

ebzen02

I think the older subs had crummier bracelet even the gens. What I see that might get noticed is the ill fitting SELs though--My GMTII has SELs tighter than a virgins twat.

Del

Looks fantastic mate :D.

As Greg said, the Sub bracelet is a bit lightweight and rattley - give it the bike lube treatment and it will feel better. Comparing it to the DSSD is not really correct as they are different bracelets - even my ceramic Sub from TS has a far superior bracelet than my Sub LV.

Also, the Asian copy movement has a smoother sweep than the 21j movement in your DSSD as it has more beats per hour - 28,800 against 21,600 - exactly as per the gen ;).

Enjoy your new watch :D.

ebzen02

Put on a matching NATO and your problem is solved..

Also, the flimsiness can be a result of hollow mid links. I think the DSSD and GMTII's have solid mid links...makes a weight difference..

Slim

That's a nice idea, I did think about it for a minute .. but while I like the look of a classic (and especially vintage) Sub on a NATO strap I think combining the green bezel and a NATO is a bit Pete Tong, especially after googling it. Your taste may vary, of course :D

nato_lv.jpg

KBH

Everybody seems to complain about Sub bracelets. You really need to compare one to a gen to see that they are actually pretty good.

The cheap 21j Noob Subs do have bracelets and clasp that are a little worse than average though. Supposedly the Eta/clone Noobs have the better ones, but who knows.

Baldrick
Your taste may vary, of course

WTF lead you to the assumption that 'zen has taste, ahhh, priceless, :D

Slim
That's a nice idea, I did think about it for a minute .. but while I like the look of a classic (and especially vintage) Sub on a NATO strap I think combining the green bezel and a NATO is a bit Pete Tong, especially after googling it. Your taste may vary, of course :)

nato_lv.jpg

I did finally try this today, on a black NATO (still think a green one would be a bit off)

nato_lv02.jpg

RacingSnake

I think that looks really nice with the black NATO strap.

Luthier

On pic. #2... crown guards seems too sharp... no?

Slim

Yes, they are a bit. Doesn't really bother me though. Never noticed it until you mentioned it.

Member X

lol

And this from luthier who says he doesn't really care if he buys reps that aren't 100% accurate to gen :lol:

Rav747

Those NATO straps on these rollies are growing on me. Love the lv greenn. Need to get one.