Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

THE DC COLLECTION UPDATE

GenTLe

Eheh was waiting for them.

I would add something different like a Vacheron or a Nomos and, why not, this one:

juvenia-sextant-3.jpg

Phantomtech

Nice collection!

Both my 5980 work flawlessly so the issue can't be with all of them.. I noticed your rg 5980 had the Patek Phillipe name higher up on the dial than the steel one, on mine they are both positioned the same. Are they different makers?

_DC_
Nice collection!

Both my 5980 work flawlessly so the issue can't be with all of them.. I noticed your rg 5980 had the Patek Phillipe name higher up on the dial than the steel one, on mine they are both positioned the same. Are they different makers?

That's interesting, I don't know, can I see pics of your 5980s?! I'd be interested to know if they have updated the blue dial version with a better blue colour lol!!

DC

Eheh was waiting for them.

I would add something different like a Vacheron or a Nomos and, why not, this one:

juvenia-sextant-3.jpg

Erm because it's horrid, that's why not :rofl:

DC

machiavegli

Mmmm ... Needs more Patek ?

Love it DC way to stick to the good stuff :thumbsup:

-Mach

_DC_

Will shortly be adding a Pisa Datograph to the collection, once Tim finds one with all it's screws in place and no marks on the dial!!!

DC

Phantomtech

I did some research into the Patek placement on the dial, I found a photo of an older 5980 I owned that had movement issues and that had the incorrect higher placement, see here:

ldQ9x1.jpg

I since then had ordered a replacement and the newer one from the same factory had the lower correct placement so it seems the factory fixed this flaw, see here my new 5980r on Jacob strap:

cAqhTH.jpg

EilZuh.jpg

xpGBuK.jpg

And lastly, here is my blue dial with the correct dial placement as well:

OMHZ8k.jpg

qYN1K3.jpg

Barth

Will shortly be adding a Pisa Datograph to the collection, once Tim finds one with all it's screws in place and no marks on the dial!!!

DC

Didn't know that reference, and it's a beaut ! Can't wait to see it !

Amazing collection mate ;)

_DC_
I did some research into the Patek placement on the dial, I found a photo of an older 5980 I owned that had movement issues and that had the incorrect higher placement, see here:

ldQ9x1.jpg

I since then had ordered a replacement and the newer one from the same factory had the lower correct placement so it seems the factory fixed this flaw, see here my new 5980r on Jacob strap:

cAqhTH.jpg

EilZuh.jpg

xpGBuK.jpg

And lastly, here is my blue dial with the correct dial placement as well:

OMHZ8k.jpg

qYN1K3.jpg

Aha I see, I think my blue dial is the same as yours (was hoping there was a newer version with better more "greenie-blue" colour but I guess not.

Was your second 5980r a different dial colour?! It looks less brown, I much prefer it!!

DC

longvu88

what do you think when compare the 5107 and the 5227?

Edited by longvu88

gentefina

I've only just joined this forum and spotted this thread. Im quickly learning that DC is the Patek man, and I have to say, this is a fine collection! Less is more and this is a well thought out and refined collection. Now maybe just a Vacheron Constantin to complete the Holy Trinity representation?!

_DC_
I've only just joined this forum and spotted this thread. Im quickly learning that DC is the Patek man, and I have to say, this is a fine collection! Less is more and this is a well thought out and refined collection. Now maybe just a Vacheron Constantin to complete the Holy Trinity representation?!

Never been much of a VC fan, don't know why really!

DC

_DC_
what do you think when compare the 5107 and the 5227?

They're very different watches despite their similarities, the 5107 has a very retro feel about it, with the chunky flat bezel and of course those crown guards, whereas the 5227 is very modern!

Both superb watches in their own right, if pushed to pick just one I'd probably pick the 5107 because I do love the crown guards, but the 5227 rep has sentimental value so will never sell either of them, ever!

DC

Kleen™

DC

Big mistake, Dave - check out some of their simpler ones (like Patrimony etc) and get in with the "Three Kings" program...;)

Robin195959

DC

Big mistake, Dave - check out some of their simpler ones (like Patrimony etc) and get in with the "Three Kings" program...;)

Agreed. Great watches and history. Pure Class.

jakethemouse

Superb collection. You have got taste my man.

RepC

What a collection. Classy, classy, classy.