Sign in to follow this  
dave47

Brief Review of a New Treasure from an Excellent RWG Mate

dave47

Hi, Gang!

Just a quick review of this gorgeous "Bronzo" Pam 382 (??) received from a sale with a great mate on RWG. The whole sales affair was very smooth & the watch was quickly sent after the end of the Labor Day weekend. The watch arrived in a padded envelope mailer that contained some kind of hard, cylindrical container via Priority Mail. Upon opening the padded mailer, this is what I saw: Very clever, er? I always have something new to learn from the mates with whom I do business-- or just observe through reading:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20001_zpso3gwggqu.jpg

Of course, I unwrapped it and saw some beautiful colors jumping out at me:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20002_zpspmiojszx.jpg

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20003_zpsb7ji3htg.jpg

(Uh, this might be a double post, as something weird just happened with this old laptop:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20003_zpsb7ji3htg.jpg

The watch is huge -- 50mm across w/o the crown; 54mm with the crown/protector; thickness is 15mm, and its weight comes in at 188 grams. The case is plated yellow gold and not bronze, but I told the seller it didn't matter to me; that this was about as close to a "bronzo" as I was ever to get.:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20004_zps6ckcog1j.jpg

Buckle is done very nicely & resembles a "bronzo" style:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20005_zpsbwh0slgo.jpg

The case back is clear and shows a neatly decorated rotor and movement. It's fun to watch the rotor spin around:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20006_zpsuargjbac.jpg

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20007_zpsoehnytb4.jpg

Watch dial seems to be cleanly presented, with a large date window enabling these old eyes to clearly see the date w/o resorting to cyclopses and magnifiers; the seconds subdial is etched very well into the mail dial; I'm just not certain if this is something done on the gen version; I'll have to find out. Printing on the dial is clean and crisp, and the hour marks are done quite well. the crown guard etchings are crisp as well, and the crown guard mechanism works very efficiently, as this wristie shows:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20016_zpsp3pu1jz6.jpg

A close up look at the dial on this wristie. I'm not certain (read: forget) what the "L" marks in front of and behind SWISS MADE represents. I trust someone will enlighten me:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20017_zps0tpdzniu.jpg

The leather strap is awesome -- richly textured, thick, smartly stitched -- and wide, to complement this big watch (which rests quite comfortably on my puny 7.5" wrist):

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20019_zps6quhudg4.jpg

The strap is easy to buckle & the strap's flexibility truly helps. The wide buckle kinda takes some getting used to, but I'm all too happy -- No, giddy -- with this watch:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20020_zpsg2vxqdi0.jpg

As noted earlier, the watch case is thick but not so much so as to impede a shirt sleeve -- at least that's my current belief; I'll let you know when I try to put a shirt sleeve on it:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20021_zpswlq46i2i.jpg

Another view:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20022_zpst1jfzd2j.jpg

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20023_zps3njffhvm.jpg

Just a beauteous watch I'm very happy to possess and will be wearing it again today (Friday -- a non-Pams day, indeed):

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20024_zpsxgrepjz5.jpg

The lume on this Pam is like a torch!! My crappy pictures do it no justice:

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20025_zpsizda9ugv.jpg

Fav%20amp%20New%20Bronzo.Pam%20026_zpsybivvinr.jpg

I hope this brief review was informative for you, Gang! I enjoyed creating this post. Comments, of course, are always welcomed. dave

FunnyStarSystem

The gelato isn't bad either! Enjoy.