Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

And now for something completely different...

Jonnybaws

Seems like there's been a lot of closet Richard Mille fans out there... it's time to be out and proud boys (calm down Jez... not like that)!!

DC

International Richard Mille Pride day!!

:gayvikingmusic:

baxter

It's like any watch, it looks bulky when you see it from your perspective, but I always look at a watch on me in the mirror, to see what everyone else sees, and watches never look as bulky from 3rd person perspective!

very true.

RussP

I applaud your attaitude to variety DC.

White is very brave.

I was gonna say "not for me"

Then thought "not for you"

But decided on "not for anyone"

But that's just my opinion and of course yours is what matters here.

Beautifully worded, Robin.

Partially skeletised dial with the black hands make it harder to tell the time; at least at my age it does.

RussP

Well, you were expecting backlash.................so here we go, again:

If MikeAlmight's blinged-out FM disappears from the FS section, we will now know where it has ended up..............

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=105419&hl=&fromsearch=1

_DC_

If MikeAlmight's blinged-out FM disappears from the FS section, we will now know where it has ended up..............

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take you to find this thread Russ!

Let's be clear though, this RM isn't bling, its big and white but not bling! RM are widely heralded as "the coolest watch brand in the world" which probably guarantees that they're not cool, but the most compelling thing about them for me is their innovative approach to high horology, they're not gimmicky, they're developing cutting edge technology in movements and materials, who else is doing that?! AP use a bit of carbon here and there, big whoop!!

DC

Robin195959

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take you to find this thread Russ!

Let's be clear though, this RM isn't bling, its big and white but not bling! RM are widely heralded as "the coolest watch brand in the world" which probably guarantees that they're not cool, but the most compelling thing about them for me is their innovative approach to high horology, they're not gimmicky, they're developing cutting edge technology in movements and materials, who else is doing that?! AP use a bit of carbon here and there, big whoop!!

DC

Rado have been making boring watches from new materials for decades.

philippe123

Very nice watch.

When I saw it on the "trusty watch" site I didn't much like them, but as I see it now on your wrist ...

looking great!!!!!

Spot on... :pirate:

Edited by philippe123

_DC_

If you think Richard Mille watches are boring then you just haven't been paying attention!!

DC

philippe123

Say it loud, you like white watches and you're proud. Not my cup of tea. You still thinking about a Hublot? That would get a reaction!

The Hublot jeans version.... :boxedin:

Robin195959

If you think Richard Mille watches are boring then you just haven't been paying attention!!

DC

No I think Rado are boring and RM are Micky mouse. The material in either doesn't change the inherent design. JMHO

_DC_

Haha, everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess, quite how you think RM are Micky Mouse is a little beyond me though, fair enough if people don't like their styling I can understand that, but you can't argue with their quality and horological prowess!

DC

Robin195959

Indeed. And there are billions of people who think the Cadillac Escalade is a great car. I wont be agreeing with them either.

Kleen™

That RM...actually; all white watches imo...are not an Escalade, but more akin to a Ford Edsel...;)

_DC_
Indeed. And there are billions of people who think the Cadillac Escalade is a great car. I wont be agreeing with them either.

Worst... comparison... ever!!!

DC

Kleen™

DC

Spot on, Dave. My comparo was much more spot-on...:lmao:

Beerfridge

Billions?

Robin195959
Billions?

Lots?

_DC_

DC

Spot on, Dave. My comparo was much more spot-on...:lmao:

There are definitely similarities :rofl:

DC

Robin195959

DC

Yes I should have compared it to the fiat multipla

Baldrick
quite how you think RM are Micky Mouse

It's not that they're Mickey Mouse....it's that they are fashionable....regarded as a trinket....much in the same way that Russian oligarchs spend $1m+ on a diamond encrusted bejewelled Iphone for his arm-candy or Papa's little princess.....and in all white..it's the Paris Hilton of horology.....tho' more bloated than a Rathkeale pikey's chiffon wedding dress....the preserve of marketing dandy whores such as Federer....!

At one point RM was considered (along with FM and Alain Silberstein ) one of "le trio des enfant terribles " in the Swiss industry.....now his work appears as déclassé.....not just IMO anyway.....more akin to Biverisms than Roger Smith or Van der Klaauw...Speake Marin....heck even Urban Jurgensen !

_DC_

If I knew what you were on about Baldrick I'd be insulted, I'm sure. In the meantime, however, I'm loving my fat Paris Hilton watch and eyeing up an RM011 NTPT!!

The rabbit hole is now a minuscule inconceivable dot above me, I don't give a fuck!!

DC

PS: Rolex are fashionable, does that make them shit too?

Baldrick

Where did I state they were shit ?

a minuscule inconceivable dot above me

Minuscule is a cursive script....the opposite of majuscule,,,,(you should have learned that in 'scule' )..in order to assist you in the completion of your education...the word you're seeking is miniscule.

_DC_

Where did I state they were shit ?

I was paraphrasing :P

DC

Robin195959
If I knew what you were on about Baldrick I'd be insulted, I'm sure. In the meantime, however, I'm loving my fat Paris Hilton watch and eyeing up an RM011 NTPT!!

The rabbit hole is now a minuscule inconceivable dot above me, I don't give a fuck!!

DC

I think I know what Balders is saying. If I was to summarise in two words I'd say "no class" if pushed to use one I'd go for "classless". Which is similar to my opinion. Not like you to get angry Dave. It's only a watch and they are just opinions.

Baldrick

He's married now tho;....is he not ? ;)