Sign in to follow this  

Faulty Breitling

Hi all,

I've been reading the forum for a month or so and in that time I purchased a Breitling Blackbird from Toro.

It arrived on Monday and I was really happy with it for my first rep purchase. However, when I came to change the date (7750 Chrono movement) it went from 00-09 flicked back to 00 then to 11 - 11,12,13,14 were fine then once it changed from 14 it goes to 25 through to 39. This was both on the quick date and winding through 24hrs.

I have contacted Toro and he asked for me to send it back to China to replace the movement. Obviously I'd rather keep the watch and try and get it fixed locally, if that's possible. Has anyone come across the same issue? Also I know if I send it back to China I may not see it again/ definitely won't see it for quite a while.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

greg_r

7750s can be a little problematic at the best of times (they're usually badly lubricated by the factories) and rough handling in transit is sometimes the cause of problems. If you're in the UK, drop Nick of WatchRepairUK (on our trusted list) an email - he should be able to help you out. It'll cost a bit, but you'll end up with a movement that should see you set for years of good service.

Thanks Greg, unfortunately I'm in Dubai, but will be visiting the UK for a couple of weeks in December. Maybe I'll hang on to it until then....