Sign in to follow this  
Tom3949

Seiko DSSD Homage

Tom3949

Does anyone know if Seiko do a DSSD Homage and if so what the model number is?

Cheers

T9000

Cheers

Yup, the (takes a deep breath...) SEIKO 300m 'TUNA' 2009 PROSPEX Marinemaster Professional (Model No: SBBN015) is styled very similarly to the DSSD and has a lot of its design features.

Hope that helps.

greg_r

And Tauchmeister do a homage of the Seiko tuna can diver...

It never ends B)

Doesn't really look that much like the Deep Sea though.

Tom3949

Cheers Guys.

Somehow I knew the phrase 'Marine Master' would creep in there - as that's the expensive range!

T9000
Doesn't really look that much like the Deep Sea though.

No, but it's clear where the inspiration and detail touches came from. There's also an SBDB001 model which also quite blatantly takes its design cues from the DSSD and other iconic Rolexes.

part_timer

As the Marine Master is a littley pricey for a Seiko, what I did was get a Sumo. I didn't like the thick bezel numbers, so I got a decent replacement bezel with better number layout from yobokies and, well from a long long long way away it can look simmilar to a DSSD...If you use your imagination. B)

Google for it, should be a few pics of these bezels out there.

Sumo Bezels - Before/After

Edited by part_timer

T9000
As the Marine Master is a littley pricey for a Seiko, what I did was get a Sumo. I didn't like the thick bezel numbers, so I got a decent replacement bezel with better number layout from yobokies and, well from a long long long way away it can look simmilar to a DSSD...If you use your imagination. :D

Google for it, should be a few pics of these bezels out there.

Shit................you weren't kidding about the 'expensive' bit, were you? I paid £400+ for my Arctura Kinetic chrono, but given a budget of £3000+, I'm pretty sure that most people would consider the big name alternatives.

SirDomino

For the price, why not just get the Rep DSSD?

I mean wouldn't a $350 DSSD Rep be of similar (or better) quality?

Wow, the Seiko SBDB001 is $5k!? I had no idea Seiko sold watches that expensive!

Edited by sirdomino

trailboss99

Price up a Grand Seiko sometime mate.

Mind you, a GS is made by hand much the same way as a Patek is.

Col.

greg_r

Wow, the Seiko SBDB001 is $5k!? I had no idea Seiko sold watches that expensive!

:D

Although they're not a particular favourite of mine, make no mistake: Seiko are a PROPER watch manufacturer, right up there with the best of the Swiss.

Tom3949

I've got a DSSD rep from Robert but the thing that is niggling me is because it's a rep I can't take it diving out of the box, (which is ironic as my cheapie aqualung quartz dive watch, which is probably made in China, is 200M certified).

I am looking for a quality automatic dive watch which won't break the bank. The Seiko Prospex Marine Master 300M SBDX001 is just stunning, but at £1500 from Japan + Duty + VAT you are talking a lot of dosh. If I had the money that's the one I would buy. However, I think I am going to settle on the Seiko SBDC001 'Sumo' - which will probably set me back £400 on the credit card but it is one hell of a watch.

The rep Panerais are just going to have to wait!

:lol:

SirDomino

I've got a DSSD rep from Robert but the thing that is niggling me is because it's a rep I can't take it diving out of the box, (which is ironic as my cheapie aqualung quartz dive watch, which is probably made in China, is 200M certified).

I am looking for a quality automatic dive watch which won't break the bank. The Seiko Prospex Marine Master 300M SBDX001 is just stunning, but at £1500 from Japan + Duty + VAT you are talking a lot of dosh. If I had the money that's the one I would buy. However, I think I am going to settle on the Seiko SBDC001 'Sumo' - which will probably set me back £400 on the credit card but it is one hell of a watch.

Not sure which one you got from Robert but I recall several folks saying that the DSSDs tested up to 100ft out of the box.

Have you tried waterproofing it?

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3543

and some more general info here.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...c=5810&st=0

Doesn't seem so hard and I have read afterward folks having it tested at 300ft.

Edited by sirdomino

part_timer

seikodial.jpg

You will not be dissapoint! I got ^mine^ from the bay a few years back, was my daily wearer until I fell into this rep thing :lol:

JohnG

Cheers

Yup, the (takes a deep breath...) SEIKO 300m 'TUNA' 2009 PROSPEX Marinemaster Professional (Model No: SBBN015) is styled very similarly to the DSSD and has a lot of its design features.

Hope that helps.

Uh, the Tunas predate the DSSD. And they have pretty much nothing in common other than that they are nice dive watches, both.

othniel888

Seiko makes a large case Diver Model # SKA-371 that sells for $250 - $300 on Amazon that appears to be similar to the previous thread pic. Please don't "useless without pics" me I'm at work. Take a look

sjb

:D

seikodial.jpg

You will not be dissapoint! I got ^mine^ from the bay a few years back, was my daily wearer until I fell into this rep thing :lolcina:

I am a big Seiko fan,got 3 monsters and other divers,'5's etc.

I have just ordered a Sumo from Japan. :thumbsup2: