Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Scorps mystery Seiko yellow dial chrono review

scorpion

Scorps seiko yellow dial chrono review

Seiko Yellow Dial Chrono (model unknown)

Seiko%20Yellow%20Dial%20(2).jpg

SPECS -

· Case: Solid 316L stainless steel case

· Movement: Seiko 7T62 Alarm Chrono

· Crystal: Hardlex

· Bracelet: Solid stainless steel

· Case diameter: 40.5 mm not including crown

· Case thickness: 14.5 mm

· Lugs: 20mm

· Weight: 120 grams including metal bracelet

CONSTRUCTION + FINISH – Up to the usual perfect Seiko standard and in very good condition considering its age which is estimated at 8 to 10+ years old.

Seiko%20Yellow%20Dial%20(5).jpg

BEZEL – Unidirectional with precise movement and no play, numbers at 10 minute intervals with black triangle for 0.

Seiko%20Yellow%20Dial%20(1).jpg

DIAL – Nice bright yellow dial with 3 black sub dials that really stand out. 2 large hands with lots of lume and fine seconds chrono hand. Main seconds hand is on sub dial at 9 o clock. Date window at 3.

Seiko%20Yellow%20Dial%20(6).jpg

CRYSTAL – Flat Seiko Hardlex

MOVEMENT - Seikos great 7T62 which I also have in my vintage SNA225. The stop watch has a very fine smooth sweep and movement also has an alarm.

WATER RESISTANCE - WR rating is 100m. Caseback is screw down type.

Seiko%20Yellow%20Dial%20(7).jpg

LUME - Hands and hour markers are lumed as are the sub dial hands and it’s up to the usual Seiko standard and glows brightly without being charged up.

ACCURACY – The Seiko movement is well proven and extremely accurate.

STRAP - Supplied on solid stainless steel deployant bracelet with a deep Seiko stamped on the safety clasp. It all very decent quality and no rattles.

Seiko%20Yellow%20Dial%20(4).jpg

OVERALL – Buying this was a gamble as it was on ebay with just one small picture and the price was around £50 cheaper than the only other one listed. I went for it and got a good condition watch at a bargain price. There are a few tiny desk dive scratches that I will brush out with a bit of 3M green pad but that’s it the rest is all good and the crystal is unmarked which is great as I have another Seiko with same Hardlex crystal that I managed to scratch up badly during hard use. I think the seller could have easily got a lot more £££ with extra pictures and better description but that’s my gain and their loss.

The size was an issue when I first put it on as it seems small compared to most of my others that are 45mm+ however after wearing it for a few hours it seems fine and the added bonus is it only weighs 120g and is ideal for a daily wearer at work.

I have searched the web and can’t find any clear details on this watch or its actual model name or number so it’s a bit of a mystery model but any Seiko with a yellow dial looks good and they have not made many models with yellow + black sub dials so I believe it’s a rare one.

As usual any comments are most welcome and if anyone has any idea about the age or what model this one is please post.

Cheers

1%20cool%20shades.gif

Edited by scorpion

WatchDog21

Looks like you found a good one, I like the yellow dial. Sounds sort so similar with my recent Seiko I just got on m2m from Dave47. Except for the bezel and dial color about the same watch. I have no idea of what model it is, just the movement #. I have been searching but no luck yet.

20705553174_980f139a16_z.jpg

SliceMaster

Nah Scorpion that doesn´t look any good and it´s to small for you so just sell it to me and all your worries will go away. :giggle: :giggle:

Jokes aside mate it´s a beauty and if you dont mind plz let me know where you found it on Ebay cause I really want one

Sakurai

Very very nice, love it!!

A bargain at £50 - enjoy it and thanks for sharing!

scorpion

Looks like you found a good one, I like the yellow dial. Sounds sort so similar with my recent Seiko I just got on m2m from Dave47. Except for the bezel and dial color about the same watch. I have no idea of what model it is, just the movement #. I have been searching but no luck yet.

20705553174_980f139a16_z.jpg

I have found a site that gives you the production date for Seikos if you want to find how old yours is link below:-

http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgauch/photos/seiko/seiko.cgi

Input your movement number - mine is 7262 then 6 digit serial number and put in what decade you think its from and enter and you get the info

Movement Number: 7T62 Serial Number: 320646 Production Date: February 2003

So mines 12 years old and in pretty good nick for its age, still no idea on its model number /name

Jase

Looks great that Scorp. Good catch.

Robin195959

Love it Scorps. It's non identical twin says hello.

14B08CC4-5C24-4091-A532-D4B0EC8F03C0_zpskxvhw3bp.jpg

Pharmo

A true beauty Scorp and a great write up. :clap:

Amazing value for money these.

I had 2 at one stage but now have one....

14120888107_c852778b88_z.jpg

14120796000_33cb3c3e4c_z.jpg

14284274646_9e42e93d2a_z.jpg

Loving the strap on yours Robin :)

Robin195959

14120888107_c852778b88_z.jpg

14120796000_33cb3c3e4c_z.jpg

Cheers H. How's the brother doing?

Pharmo

:) very well! Wear it quite a bit a few months back but now back in watch box...

Craving it now :lol:

MetalMickey

I love the yellow dial.

Now I want a yellow watch...

scorpion

Got any details on these Pharmo? - mine is the same as one on left above. All I can find is it was made in 2003 but thats it, cant find model number, original cost info or anything else. And how did you end up with 2 almost identical watches apart from bezels?

Also a few posts back someone was saying £50 was a good price - you did not read what I wrote I said it was £50 cheaper that the only other one i can find for sale not £50 :giggle:

Pharmo

:lol:

I ended up with one from eBay and one I had for some time. I think they were from late 90`s or early 2000.

Your yellow one I believe is model number SDWD57P .

scorpion

I ended up with one from eBay and one I had for some time. I think they were from late 90`s or early 2000.

Cheers great info...it lead me to find out its actually a SNA281P the successor to the SDWD57P.

The difference is the SDW57P uses a 7T32 movement and has 3 pushers + 2 crowns mine uses the 7T62 movement and has 2 pushers one crown. Other than the extra pusher + crown they look almost identical. So you actually owned both models.

Thanks Pharmo

1 thank you.gif

Pharmo

Cheers great info...it lead me to find out its actually a SNA281P the successor to the SDWD57P.

The difference is the SDW57P uses a 7T32 movement and has 3 pushers + 2 crowns mine uses the 7T62 movement and has 2 pushers one crown. Other than the extra pusher + crown they look almost identical. So you actually owned both models.

Thanks Pharmo

1 thank you.gif

:clap: great bit of detective work there mate!

Enjoy in good health...these sure are beautiful watches :drool:

scorpion

Scrap above looks like bum info on another forum as it seems the SNA281P has a different bezel and is 200m WR.

So mine is very similar to the SDW57P except its got the newer 7T62 movement hence only 2 pushers but I can't find anything else about it - maybe they were both given same model name?

Sakurai

So how much was it then Scorp? That's quite an interesting piece of information in any review mate.

trailboss99

There is only one yellow dial Seiko I really, really want.

19tgko.jpg

If you know your Seiko you will know what this is and why it's oh so special . . .

Robin195959

19tgko.jpg

If you know your Seiko you will know what this is and why it's oh so special . . .

Is it because it needs to be shaken, not stirred Sir?

trailboss99

Nope. Anyone?

Gazzla

Nope. Anyone?

World's first analogue quartz chrono.

Pharmo

19tgko.jpg

:drool: truly gorgeous. The seiko "Vulcan" Purchased by MoD in 80,s as easier to see in the dim cockpit. Rare as a meat eating vegetarian.

trailboss99

:drool: truly gorgeous. The seiko "Vulcan" Purchased by MoD in 80,s as easier to see in the dim cockpit. Rare as a meat eating vegetarian.

And Pharmo has it! Rare, very accurate (around 10sec a year) and very well shielded against EMR and EMF which can be handy if you are dropping nukes for a living. I'd dearly love to add one of these to the collection.

Robin195959

And Pharmo has it! Rare, very accurate (around 10sec a year) and very well shielded against EMR and EMF which can be handy if you are dropping nukes for a living. I'd dearly love to add one of these to the collection.

Worn by Bond in View to a Kill.

Pharmo

That's interresting robin...didn't know that