Sign in to follow this  
histog

Which SOSF??

histog

Enquired about a SOSF from Reg and was sent this pic but reading thre forums it seems you all say stay away from the arrow pointer and go for the box one.

Advice appreciated please, is this a new updated one and how do you think it compares to the other? looks/finish etc?

its 44mm asian

Thanx :beer2:

BREITLINGREG.jpg

superoceansteelfish.jpg

Hope you dont mind Del I borrowed your pic :D

graman

I'm no expert, but I like it!

histog

Yeah their both nice but being a newbie I wondered which most of you thought was the better rep as the older posts say stay clear of the arrow second hand but guessing this is a newer version ?

the bezel finish and numbers look better on Del's but not sure if thats just the quality of the pics.

Edited by histog

djprone

I have the same SOSF as del from mary. It is an excellent rep, but the main issue i have with it is the 'superocean' logo is too small.

Del

Hmmm. I was led to believe (by someone who really does know what they're talking about) that the red arrow head version is the most up to date version - and if you look on the Breitling website you will see that they use red arrow second hands in the current gens, not the red box.

However, I've not read any of the reports saying you shouldn't buy the red arrow version - what were they saying was wrong with them?

As for the photos (and I don't mind one of mine being used :beer2:), the red arrow version has the whiter face and green hour markers, which again is more like the current gen. However, the green lume on the hour markers is stuck on top and looks a bit off-centre in most of them whereas in my version the lume if recessed slightly into the hour markers and looks much neater imho. (But, I know that the lume on my version is not great so perhaps the new version is better in that respect.)

It's a difficult call and perhaps it's just down to which face you like better.

sconehead

lume dots aren't centered correctly on this particular 'arrowhead', stampings on bezel look inferior to me too...don't know if it's true for them all though...

macscac

lume dots are off. they will be the wrong colour and off center.

also, from thelook of that bezel, those rider tabs will be way too high off the crystal.

but that will be the case with most of the 100 dollar fishes.

macscac

**edit

Edited by macscac