Sign in to follow this  
rudypantaleon

Tag w/7750

rudypantaleon

Hello all, recently the square on the day/date of my tag came loose from rhe face of the watch, i need to know how to open it in order to remove that or to try and put in place again, but i dont know how to remove the movement from the watch, if taken the crown of other watches but i cant seem to find the release of the 7750 mvnt, any ideas

Thanks

rudypantaleon

Can someone point me to the crown release?

Thanks

image.jpg

tabuktime

Crown_release.jpg

As far as I recall, gently depressing the keyless works release button (highlighted within the red circle) whilst the crown is in the winding position should release the stem. Don't be too fierce with the application of force to the release button though.

** I am not a qualified watchsmith so please carry out the above with caution and at your own risk. Feel free to use Google to check the correct way to remove the stem/crown from this timepiece (other search engines are available) **

tabuktime

Crown_release.jpg

As far as I recall, gently depressing the keyless works release button (highlighted within the red circle) whilst the crown is in the winding position should release the stem. Don't be too fierce with the application of force to the release button though.

** I am not a qualified watchsmith so please carry out the above with caution and at your own risk. Feel free to use Google to check the correct way to remove the stem/crown from this timepiece (other search engines are available) **

I forgot to add that when the release button has been pressed the stem can be manually removed (hopefully). I note from your photo that one of the retaining screws and tabs is missing, have you already removed it, if so I guess you know to remove the other two and then flip the movement over into your hand to get to the face.

Good luck in your watch repair adventure!

PS. In the spirit of a Haynes Manual "assembly is the reverse of disassembly".

rudypantaleon

Thanks for your help.

The screw missing was like that from the get go, when i received my watch from trusty time, other than that and the fact the rotor was came off 2 months after my purchase, all has been good.