Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

New SD-0001S ROLEX DSSD with 2813 , WOW!

PeterWorcester

I just received, from ReplicaMake a beautiful SD-0001S ROLEX DSSD with the 2813 Asian movement, it was on sale for US $88 and I'm blown away at the quality and craftsmanship. It's just incredible. I know it's hard for certain of you to believe that I'm not whinging over something but frankly I am speechless. And absolutely impressed and have nothing to "whine" over at all. Beautiful watch, truly a magnificent piece of work.

When I get home and get a few momentsI will post some pictures, the quality is spectacular. I honestly can't tell the difference between this and my friend's Gen DSSD. I own one of the older 1992 Sea Dwellers so I can't really compare to that but this &88 watch is a STEAL for that price and I'd gladly have paid quite a bit more for it.

Will post pics when I can, but if anyone is looking for an inexpensive DSSD watch this should be considered.

Cheers all,

Peter

gB.

Ummmmm

:lol:

greg_r

It's a great watch for the dough. Enjoy! :lol:

Del

Excellent Peter - enjoy your new watch :lol:.

Oh, and "will post pics when I can" is not really good enough here......get your finger out man! :lol:

Cynikal.Mindset

cant wait to get mine...wait it killin me!!!!

PeterWorcester
I just received, from ReplicaMake a beautiful SD-0001S ROLEX DSSD with the 2813 Asian movement, it was on sale for US $88 and I'm blown away at the quality and craftsmanship. It's just incredible. I know it's hard for certain of you to believe that I'm not whinging over something but frankly I am speechless. And absolutely impressed and have nothing to "whine" over at all. Beautiful watch, truly a magnificent piece of work.

When I get home and get a few momentsI will post some pictures, the quality is spectacular. I honestly can't tell the difference between this and my friend's Gen DSSD. I own one of the older 1992 Sea Dwellers so I can't really compare to that but this &88 watch is a STEAL for that price and I'd gladly have paid quite a bit more for it.

Will post pics when I can, but if anyone is looking for an inexpensive DSSD watch this should be considered.

Cheers all,

Peter

The wait is due to the fact that I'm at work and can't photo until I get home, they will come I promise

Slim

Is the crystal level? Mine wasn't quite seated properly. Fixed now. Superb watch for the cash.

PeterWorcester

Cheers all,

Peter

Obviously I'm no photographer but here are some shots of this beauty.

Overview

DSDD007.jpg

Another overview

DSDD008.jpg

The beautifully crafted bracelet (the dirt is all mine, just pulled it off my writ)

DSDD009.jpg

Bracelet again (note the diver's adjustment clasp)

DSDD010.jpg

Sorry about the lighting

DSDD011.jpg

Couldn't quite focus on the diver's extension clasp

DSDD012.jpg

Hasn't left my wrist yet (including 2 showers and 2 miles in the pool in 2 days)

DSDD013.jpg

Underside and clasp

DSDD014.jpg

The pressure relief valve (might mod this and epoxy it)

DSDD015.jpg

PeterWorcester
Is the crystal level? Mine wasn't quite seated properly. Fixed now. Superb watch for the cash.

Slim,

It appears to be level, it has a bit of a bubble to it, not being a sapphire crystal but a mineral one, that's the only little quirk I can comment on, it would be great if it was flat sapphire one, which the more expensive ones do have but this was only $88. So I'm not complaining or as some people would say "whinging" or "whining" about anything about this watch, I LOVE it.

greg_r

Looks great! Good photos too :)

SirDomino

Do you have any blemishes on the pearl?

Any hint of glue on/around the bezel area?

Are any of the numbers/marks on the bezel imperfect (like the lines not as clean as a gen)?

Is the lume perfect or is it a little imperfect?

Your bracelet looks nice, as the clasp doesn't have that gap.

Wow.

d1isthe1

Dude .. Nice watch.. Good choice.. I am still waiting for my new one though I have one already... Whom did u get it from.?

The bezel actually looks very nice ... Probably the best I've seen around

Edited by d1isthe1

Del

Are any of the numbers/marks on the bezel imperfect (like the lines not as clean as a gen)?

Wow.

It was fucking $88, so it's not going to be exactly like the gen..... :rofl:.

Great pics Peter, thanks for posting them up :).

PeterWorcester

Wow.

Sd,

No blemishes on the pearl, it is like a micron off center but VERY hard to notice,

Not even a blemish of a hint of glue around the bezel area

The bezel numbers and markings are perfect, at least I can't find any flaws

The lume could be better, when exposed to light it's awesome, but in the middle of the night, after a few hours under a blanket, it's hard to see anything, but the same is true with my gen Rolex's too.

The bracelet is just incredible, I swear it's very difficult to tell the difference between this and my buddy's real one, when he saw mine he was blown away. He's actually going to order one and may sell his original. Personally I wouldn't do that but hey… Not my call.

All in all I'm just completely floored by the quality of Lay's product. This is apparently the same casing and bracelet used in his more expensive "Swiss" version with the Asian 2813 movement. The watch keeps excellent time BTW, I realize it's only been 28+ hours but it hasn't lost even a second yet according to my atomic clock. (Accuracy is a pet peeve of mine)

Cheers all,

Peter

PeterWorcester
Dude .. Nice watch.. Good choice.. I am still waiting for my new one though I have one already... Whom did u get it from.?

The bezel actually looks very nice ... Probably the best I've seen around

D1,

This is Lay's 2813 rep for $88 (It's from Replicamake.com) look under the 2813 section for this deal. It's a beautiful rep, it really is, I didn't expect this quality for the price. I'm sure the DSSD with the Sapphire crystal is probably just as nice but I'm new to the rep watch idea so I'm taking it slow. I will probably get the more expensive one soon and another model too.

I'd like to try a Tag or Breitling too at some point.

Cheers,

Peter

KeNnY

Lays 88USD DSSD is great ! Have one my self also, it is simply best ! :) thanks for feedback

Akira
This is apparently the same casing and bracelet used in his more expensive "Swiss" version with the Asian 2813 movement.

Haven't I read somewhere that Lays $88 DSSD uses 316L steel

while Mary's Ultimate and Roberts Milgauss DSSD uses 316F ?

I really can't remember so tell me if I'm wrong, but I guess it's not the same case as the ETA versions :rofl:

Anyways it's an awesome watch....Hope you enjoy it :)

KeNnY
I really can't remember so tell me if I'm wrong, but I guess it's not the same case as the ETA versions :)

Maybe Lay was referring to the pieces of build, like the case back, ring lock system, steps of build... we will see soon, I will going to disassemble the DSSD when my new Crown will arrive, and also I will make photos :rofl:

Akira
I really can't remember so tell me if I'm wrong, but I guess it's not the same case as the ETA versions :)

Maybe Lay was referring to the pieces of build, like the case back, ring lock system, steps of build... we will see soon, I will going to disassemble the DSSD when my new Crown will arrive, and also I will make photos :)

Peter said "his" Eta version, which could be possible :)

Means his version is not the same as Mary's or Roberts DSSD.

Only if I'm right about the SS....

bme

I can say that my Lay $88 DSSD is my best ever replica watch purchase. Sure I have more 'accurate' models in my collection but this is such a solid, dependable and substantial watch. I can't give it enough praise. It's my daily beater.

KeNnY
Peter said "his" Eta version, which could be possible :)

Means his version is not the same as Mary's or Roberts DSSD.

Only if I'm right about the SS....

yes I am sorry :) understand now :) when we look at this, there are 3 main watch rep factories ?

PeterWorcester
This is apparently the same casing and bracelet used in his more expensive "Swiss" version with the Asian 2813 movement.

Haven't I read somewhere that Lays $88 DSSD uses 316L steel

while Mary's Ultimate and Roberts Milgauss DSSD uses 316F ?

Anyways it's an awesome watch....Hope you enjoy it :)

This is what I found on the watches "order" page, I honestly don't know enough to know what it means. It is from the Miligauss factory for what that's worth.

"Using the same Swiss Model Case, Bracelet and parts… RL02008" and that model doesn't specify what steel the casing is made out of, so no way ,for me, to know which steel is being used. You all would certainly know better than I. I just know I like it and it feels quite substantial and for the price I'm floored at the quality. Even my wife, who can't stand my little watch addiction had to admit that it was phenomenal. She accused me of going out and spending $4K on a real one, I had to show her the packing and the order etc before she believed me, even then she went right to the online banking to make sure :)

Cheers all,

Peter

Miracle

Wer are the pics mate

bme
Wer are the pics mate

Take a look at page 1.............................................................doh!

Miracle

@ BME. No pics on page one. As I said do you think I'd have sent a reply if I can see them. ......... Doh