Sign in to follow this  
SteveS1221

New here !

SteveS1221

Hello all,

My name is Steve and I'm new to watches. I was into watches when I was younger but lost my way somehow but have now been found!

I'm glad there is this community that focuses on the watch and not padding the ego by buying for the name.

I do have a question if anyone can help.

I really enjoy the Hublot FIFA World Cup Winner's watch with Spain's colors (the blueish rubber and stitched band). I did not see it on any of the recommended sites (posted on this forum), and have only seen it on Dkwatch.com for about 80 dollars. They have a scary return policy and am dry wary. Anyone know a quality site that sells this watch? Timeshop.net has wonderful Hublots and for very fair, very low prices rather and I have sent them an email but figured I'd ask this community.

Hello all and thanks for any replies !

sconehead

Welcome to the forum Steve. Firstly, that site is more than likely a scam site, the giveaway is they're using gen pics. Secondly, between them, the dealers here can source virtually any rep that's made. Just pm/email them with a pic/description of what you want mate...:lol:

Fiddo

Hello! :huh:

Welcome!

SteveS1221
Hello! :huh:

Welcome!

He guys thanks a lot! I'm hoping Timeshop.net can do it for me. They sound really good.

KBH

Welcome Steve, I will have to say that for $80 it's highly unlikely that you will find a Hublot replica worth wearing. I'm not a Hublot fan, but I would expect to pay several hundred dollars minimum for a decent rep.

jonnyboy

Hi Steve

after you conclude your first meeting your get an RWG badge

its ok to talk about your replica addiction here, you are among friends!

Dendo

Hi Steve

Get reading - so much material here - and all good stuff and great recommended dealers.

Welcome and enjoy.........

rychastings

welcome! :unsure:

SteveS1221
welcome! :unsure:

Thanks guys.

From Timeshop.net, a recommended dealer, I have found some pieces about $150. They are mineral glass but otherwise look exactly the same as the ones costing about $350 with crystal sapphire. Could it be that the glass upgrade would cost $200? Is mineral glass that much worse? If anyone responds, great, but Im sure I can find the answers here somewhere! I swear I've must have spent 15+ hours in the past 3 days reading and looking at watches. It is an addiction.

I also like the Patek Phillipe with the big dipper. Black strap black dial

turnipz

Its usually a better movement in the more expensive reps, which means a smoother sweep of the watch hand which is more accurate to most genuine watches.

Del

Hello and welcome :).

You're doing the right thing by searching the forum and reading - well done! If you have any questions then just ask and someone will be able to help.

Your question above about mineral v's sapphire, the crystal upgrade itself would not cost $200 extra but you may find that the sapphire version uses a better casing and/or movement. If the movements are the same then almost certainly it has a higher quality casing.

Mineral glass is fine - especially if you look after your watches and don't wear them while working on a construction site or doing an oil change on your car :D. (There are threads on this particular subject which you'll find by searching the forum.)

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :fuelfire: