Sign in to follow this  
JerAnt

Tendence Gulliver Titanium Grey and Yellow (Model 02037011)

JerAnt

I suspect the Tendence brand may not be received with a lot of love here, but I recently picked one of their more reserved Swiss Made models on sale. This watch has a lot to offer - Ronda quartz, titanium case, 10 ATM water resistance - and only set me back a paltry $125 USD!

More detailed specs follow:

• Swiss made with Ronda 5030 quartz movement
  • 50mm poly-carbonate and titanium case, 17mm thick
  • 55mm case length with lugs
  • 23/23mm x 124/80mm (113/73 effective) silicone strap with double pin buckle clasp
  • Titanium bezel, ineral crystal
  • Chrono function with 12 hour, 30 minute and central seconds registers.
  • Separate smalls seconds, date @ 6
  • 10 ATM Water resistant depth
  • Closed, screw down caseback

I really like this watch, and expect I'll pick up another Tendence soon (currently digging their blue dial "slim" swiss made model). I really only have two minor complaints. First, since the chrono 30 minute dial is stylized, it's nearly impossible to tell how many minutes have elapsed other than on the 10's. Not a big deal for me as I'll never be timing the Olympics, but something to be aware of if chrono is important to you. Second, the supplied strap barely fits my 8.25" wrist; I have to use the last holes and even that is snug. I would have thought a 50mm watch would have had a longer strap, but no luck.

Now, on to the pictures.

I quite like the dimensional digits, and the various grey shades with black accents seem to work very well. The splashes of yellow deliver a reasonable amount of personality.

21326612584_59099c6def_z.jpg

There is some nice detail on the Titanium bezel, pushers and crown - especially if I'd seen and cleaned the dust and fuzz before snapping the pic.

21326616784_505509b345_z.jpg

There is also detail on the back of the strap, as well as a couple of tabs (circled in red) that hold the first loop in place. Nice touch.

21761909778_b5175a952a_c.jpg

21761485018_bd13142412_c.jpg

Engraved caseback and double-pin buckle logo (complete with fuzz again - you don't notice any fuzz on the strap with the naked eye, but it sure shows up well in photos - and I had just cleaned the strap!).

21326610514_c7ccc84f8a_z.jpg

21761480638_dc642cc33c_z.jpg

Finally, the requisite wristie.

21761483788_7983cdbeec_c.jpg

markeym3

Just had a look on ebay ... there are some interesting designs and colour options there.

JerAnt

Just had a look on ebay ... there are some interesting designs and colour options there.

Watchismo has many models on sale too (link here, although not the model I bought). They say the 75% sale is "one week only" ... but it's been on for at least a couple of weeks as of today.

Edited by JerAnt

Shaqv2

Does not appeal to me at all.. but then again, to each his own