Sign in to follow this  
longvu88

Cartier Solo SS Large 35mm too girly?

longvu88

Nope, I don't think so!

Gday all. I have been following this forum for a short while but this is my 1st post. I don't see any post on the Tank on this forum. Hence, I figured it will help those that are looking into getting one for himself.

It was a bit unusual I must say. My 1st rep watch was not a Rolex, PAM or anything along that line. I was a Cartier Tank Solo, stainless steel. Some would say that its too small for today's standard, and its more like a women's watch. I beg to differ.

The tank solo large that I ordered from a TD was a bomb. Solid build, 1:1 and the watch is small so people cant really tell if its a rep. And it sits nicely on my wrist to the office daily, under the cuff.

I have received quite a few compliments on it. And they were from people who know watches. "Nice tank" they said.

So, for those who are hesitate to pull the trigger on this beautiful piece of work, thinking that they may be too small for you, please see the photos below for yourself.

21782160459_3c880c3511_z.jpgIMG_5453 by Long Vu, on Flickr

21969074755_f23bea7daf_z.jpgimage1-1 by Long Vu, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!!!

Kim

Edited by longvu88

insert-here

I have a tank of my purchase list, I think it's a great looking dress watch. Been thinking of the Anglaise in RG, even though I don't like RG.

rickyrosey

I have a tank and not the solo but the original that is sloghtly smaller and works perfect as a dress watch but i also wear it casually. It adds way more style and class than a huge 48mm bling watch i must say

slev

I have been considering that one for a while now :) Looks great!

Robin195959

Size look fine mate. Wear it and enjoy!!

GenTLe

I think it is perfect on your wrist!

HeavyKrush

Actually saw a chap at an event last weekend with a similar watch and it looked fantastic. No issues on your wrist that I can see.

MetalMickey

Looks great. Square and rectangle watches wear big anyway, and that looks the perfect size.

ByranM

It looks fine to me, it doesn't seem girly to me at all. Although to be honest I'm not a fan of square / rectangle watches so much.

dudermania

I bought the gen for my wife a couple of years ago. I do feel that there's an effeminate quality to the watch - its beautiful and an understated classic design with great pedigree but somehow I'm not hugely taken by it. It may also be to do with the way I look at Cartier the brand and as a guy don't feel associated with it.

For a rectangular classic design dress watch - I'd go for the Jaeger le Coultre Reverso any day. In particular the new Grande Date Duoface. On the current bucket list.

OLDBLOKE74

This is a classic

The E type is a car of old fashioned design and thin tyres, Driven by discerning individuals.

The F type is a car with modern design and thick tyres. Driven by footballers wives

Both beautiful machines which appeal to different types of people

just enjoy what floats your particular boat and be confident that a timeless classic that has stood the test of time will never be out of place - like a good pair of shoes or classic Reybans