Sign in to follow this  
iancole85

Trusted Seller - Bait & Switch?

iancole85

Hello all,

First time buyer here - not sure if this qualifies as "Scam" but this situation is rubbing me the wrong way and I wanted to get some qualified opinions.

Went to purchase Noob Omega CRPO 45mm from TSWatch here (archived version) on 9/20 when it was on clearance at $278. I ordered and in the QC pics, there is an obvious black dot on the 12 o'clock marker. Obviously I do not want a piece with a blemish on the bezel. TS had, in the mean time, taken the watch off of clearance and raised the price to $378 as seen here.

When I asked nicely for a different example with no obvious blemishes on the face, they said:

"..watch is the last one in stock with promotion price 278USD. Sorry there is not other one to exchange it, and the price is back normal now 378."

The ad said nothing about blemished or QC failed stock, it's the same ad with the price changed. How is it that they are happy to sell me another one at $378, but will not fulfill my order at the $278 I paid with a decent piece of stock?

Will be happy to take this down if I am being unfair, but this doesn't seem right to me. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by iancole85

elp

I would ask a moderator for advice in private, but to be honest, it would rub me the wrong way too.

Mariner89

Yea best bet is to work with a mod first and see what they can do but that definitely sounds pretty low if that's the case

Derek Mc

It does happen sadly that they procure a small quantity of watches at a special rate, and you indeed happened to buy the last one, and the last one just happened to have the blemish. It's not an unfair post but on balance not truly fair either as the watches tend to be wrapped until the QC pics are taken when many small issues are first seen.

I think it is genuinely bad luck here.

RUSH2112

Still pm a mod and see what they suggest.

Gazzla

No, this is very poor form from TS in my opinion. As the others have said, contact the men in blue.

dalboy
It does happen sadly that they procure a small quantity of watches at a special rate, and you indeed happened to buy the last one, and the last one just happened to have the blemish. It's not an unfair post but on balance not truly fair either as the watches tend to be wrapped until the QC pics are taken when many small issues are first seen.

I think it is genuinely bad luck here.

^^^^^^ This.

Still contact a mod for advice though.

Dal

JSJ

A noob without an arsey attitude. Thanks for that.

Good luck with sorting this out via a mod and please don't give up on the hobby. Unfortunately things like this happen. All part of the "fun" but not if it's your first deal.

onzenuub

Like you did read ofcourse in this thread: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=19035,

If you still have a problem after going through the above process, then please PM a moderator. When contacting a mod, we'll need the whole story - including the information mentioned above. We don't promise miracles, but most of the time we can help you straighten out whatever the issues may be.

Left Coast Guy

While certainly a bummer, it hardly sounds like a scam to me. Its like shopping the day old bread section, and being upset that the bread is crusty....there's a reason it was on sale in the first place!!! Now if the TD refused to refund you, that would be another thing, but it doesn't sound like that happened....?

Think of it this way, what if the TD took your money and then said the watch was out of stock? That happens all the time and, if you've read, you'd know its something the TD can't do anything about.....so is that bait and switch too?

iancole85

Wow. I am stunned at the speed of replies! I will shoot a mod a PM and remove the post if issue is resolved or mod advises to do so.

Thanks very much all.

Edited by iancole85

greg_r

It happens. Dealers obtain a small number of watches at a bargain price. Sometimes it's that the factory is clearing old stock. Sometimes that stock isn't quite as good as it should be.

You have a valid beef, but ultimately there's nothing much that can be done about it - if they don't have any more, they don't have any more.

I'd suggest either requesting a refund (which can take a while if you paid via CC as Chinese card processors have very strict money laundering rules which can mean a refund can take 90 days or so) or choosing something else. I know it's not what you want to hear, and I sympathise, but that's the way this hobby goes sometimes. Sorry!

iancole85

It happens. Dealers obtain a small number of watches at a bargain price. Sometimes it's that the factory is clearing old stock. Sometimes that stock isn't quite as good as it should be.

You have a valid beef, but ultimately there's nothing much that can be done about it - if they don't have any more, they don't have any more.

I'd suggest either requesting a refund (which can take a while if you paid via CC as Chinese card processors have very strict money laundering rules which can mean a refund can take 90 days or so) or choosing something else. I know it's not what you want to hear, and I sympathise, but that's the way this hobby goes sometimes. Sorry!

Thank you for the response. I agree in part and would agree fully except that they do have more stock on hand, and are simply selling it for a higher price. I don't know if they have to go procure new stock to fulfill those orders, but that seems like the most likely explanation, I guess. I do still want a non-blemished version of the watch, I will email them again to see if we can split the difference or come to some other amicable resolution.

Edited by iancole85

greg_r

Yes, if they've run out of the discounted stock they had on hand (which is about the only instance that a dealer will actually hold stock - the normal process is to source following the order), they will need to source the watch direct from the maker.

I think you have the right approach, for what it's worth.

iancole85

Yes, if they've run out of the discounted stock they had on hand (which is about the only instance that a dealer will actually hold stock - the normal process is to source following the order), they will need to source the watch direct from the maker.

I think you have the right approach, for what it's worth.

Understood, thank you. I will follow up with resolution.

Gazzla

You seem like a decent bloke and I hope it works out for you.

U2otYt9.gif

iancole85

Well, no resolution was offered, and in any case Noob has apparently ceased production of the 45.5 for the time being. Argh.

GenTLe
Well, no resolution was offered, and in any case Noob has apparently ceased production of the 45.5 for the time being. Argh.

Ask a refund and get one on crazy price at 2015asian.com who is a TD over RWI forum.

Genius

Ask a refund and get one on crazy price at 2015asian.com who is a TD over RWI forum.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

Tony isn't a td here but he is at RWI and I have bought off him a few times and he was always very helpful

iancole85

Oh wow. You are the man dude, that solves everything nicely. Thank you!!