Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Genesis

New Patek 5107!!

peteins

im pretty sure this has been discuses... it has the new decorated movement and is very thick compared to the gen as a result, i have no clue why they made it tbh... too thick for a dress watch imo!

id have the miyota 5227 any day over this!

Edited by peteins

Mr. Genesis

im pretty sure this has been discuses... it has the new decorated movement and is very thick compared to the gen as a result, i have no clue why they made it tbh... too thick for a dress watch imo!

id have the miyota 5227 any day over this!

Oh sorry, I saw the 5117 in another thread, but I thought this one was new since I didn't see it on Josh website yesterday :P

jakethemouse

Lovely dress watch. I just purchased a 5227 but have been looking for the 5107 ever since i saw DC showing it off.

This place is not going to be good for my wallet. :)

_DC_

For the record, despite what it might say on Perfect Clones website, this is not a 5107. The 5107 has crown guards!!! This is a rep of the 5296, specifically the 5296-010!

Looks nice but again it's monstrously thick to cater for that decorated movement!!!

One of these with a standard Miyota and slimmer case please?!?!

DC

Godfathar

What's this new obsession with deco movements these days? why are they doing this to all the slim dress watches? from Pateks to APs. it's frustrating really..

keep the thin watches thin please..

_DC_
What's this new obsession with deco movements these days? why are they doing this to all the slim dress watches? from Pateks to APs. it's frustrating really..

keep the thin watches thin please..

No idea, never been bothered by seeing a 2824 in the back of a rep, put a nice gold rotor on it and that's enough for me. The only complaint I've ever had about Patek reps is there aren't enough good ones, now there's all these new ones at last but they've ruined them with stupid fake bridges.

Maybe they'll wear ok, might try one out when I've got some spare wedge!!

DC

_DC_

More tempted by the sector dial 5296-001 that just appeared!!

Someone was asking after one of these in another thread, who was it?!?

90764E84-A28E-45E9-A775-382D5490069F_zpsv1rxx5em.jpg

DC

Godfathar

Guilty as charged DC. Hope they didn't go deco movement on that one as well :(

How close to gen in terms of colors and thickness this would be?

_DC_
Guilty as charged DC. Hope they didn't go deco movement on that one as well :(

How close to gen in terms of colors and thickness this would be?

Colours wise it looks pretty good, correct white and silver colour with blued steel hands and blue dial print, it's not as fine as the gen and the date window outline is too thick too. It's nice to see it on a blue strap too!!

As for thickness, this should answer the question..,

01EFB406-347C-48CF-9A4C-32F7B5C04F6C_zpsukmv0adq.jpg

DC

Godfathar

Looool. That thickness is a joke. Would never go for it. Maybe better to go with the older version you posted on another thread. It looked better. Though the dial colours were a bit off

_DC_
Looool. That thickness is a joke. Would never go for it. Maybe better to go with the older version you posted on another thread. It looked better. Though the dial colours were a bit off

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you, it's much closer in terms of thickness, but the lug shape was totally wrong...

0036F9D6-7913-49C8-9DEB-447D230FEFFF_zpsl00afpdm.jpg

That's if this version is even still available, but the dial is wrong as are the lengths of the hands. As with so many of these new Patek reps, some of the old mixed with the new would be perfect, but for some reason they just miss the mark every time!!

DC

bowtiefanatc

DC

Wasn't that me? That one definitely is on the right track. Might have to look at it more

_DC_

DC

Wasn't that me? That one definitely is on the right track. Might have to look at it more

What is both impressive AND frustrating is that they've paid enough attention to note that with the sector dial the hour hand points directly to the hour track, the minute hand to the minute track and the second hand to... well you get the idea, but with all that attention to detail they couldn't just stick a straight forward Miyota in it and keep it sub 9mm!

DC

Godfathar

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you, it's much closer in terms of thickness, but the lug shape was totally wrong...

0036F9D6-7913-49C8-9DEB-447D230FEFFF_zpsl00afpdm.jpg

That's if this version is even still available, but the dial is wrong as are the lengths of the hands. As with so many of these new Patek reps, some of the old mixed with the new would be perfect, but for some reason they just miss the mark every time!!

DC

Well the bright side for me is that with such new watches, I'll be holding off buying new reps. And stick to the ones I have acquired. More money for me lol

_DC_
Well the bright side for me is that with such new watches, I'll be holding off buying new reps. And stick to the ones I have acquired. More money for me lol

Hmm, or instead like me you drop $625 on Camille Fournet straps for your current stable (in fact only two of your current stable so inevitably there'll be more to follow)!!

DC

Godfathar

Please stop putting ideas in my head lol

_DC_

DC

Yeah I found the thread and it was you, lol!

I'm tempted the more I look at it. The thickness annoys me but if it is in fact the 10mm that is quoted then that's still relatively thin, it's about the same as the 5227 rep with the hunter caseback, and that's not a thick watch!!!

Hmm, do I or don't I?!

DC

Mr. Genesis

That's what I was thinking. Yes it is thicker than the gen, but 10mm is still not super thick :P

Godfathar

10m is ok. But from the pic it looks more than 10. Looks more like 12m, just like the new MKF. Hope I'm wrong