Sign in to follow this  
ekho

A7750 help resetting chrono

ekho

I recently received a Tag Carrera Chronograph w/ A7750 from Mary. After trying out the chrono when I first got the watch, it did not reset squarely to the 12 position, but was close. But after playing with the chrono a bit more, the large second chrono hand now resets to 4secs after 12. Kinda defeats the purpose of the rep looking like a gen.

1) Is there anyway to reset the watch back to 12 without opening up the case or getting it serviced?

2) For the time being, I let the stopwatch run to 12 and stopped it without resetting it so it now looks to be in the proper place. Will this damage the movement?

Thanks in advance.

greg_r

Sounds like the hand has slipped - common issue with 7750s. It's going to need attention from a watchsmith to reset the hand to the correct position (simple job). Doing as you've done - i.e. running the hand and then stopping it at the correct position - will do no harm at all.

Check the 'care and feeding of A7750' thread (particularly point 4) to prevent this happening again: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6101

sconehead

...for now you could just stop the second chrono hand at 12 and don't reset it...less noticeable...:)

Del
...for now you could just stop the second chrono hand at 12 and don't reset it...less noticeable...:lol:

That's really clever! Especially since he told you he already did that.....:rofl::D:)

chum_2000_uk
...for now you could just stop the second chrono hand at 12 and don't reset it...less noticeable...:D

That's really clever! Especially since he told you he already did that.....:lol::D:rofl:

:)

freeflow

Happened to me too, bummer!!!!

Dendo

Hate posting this but ....... this happened to me with two different watches a long time before I found this forum, and I fixed it.

Reason I hate posting this coz the real experts here will totally cringe to hear how I got it to reset back to 12. (You should listen to them and read no further).

Now I do not know if this will work on your watch and movement and I am sure we will hear of many reasons why you should not do this - and I probably would think twice about it now..... (enough tension - get on with it!!)

If you play intermittently with the start-stop button and reset button, so that you are hitting start-stop while it is going back to twelve after hitting the reset, it nudges forward. This is why you got it to 4 be messing about with it. On another watch I did something similar but with the crown pulled out all the way to the hand set position. NOW I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY ETC ETC AND DO NOT DO THIS ETC ETC BUT IT WILL PROBABLY WORK!!

I am sure what I just described:

1) makes no f#%$ing sense mechanically

2) is highly dangerous

3) should not be done

4) and should be deleted from the board (on the grounds of irresponsibility)

5) I would never have posted if I was sober

Good luck!!

greg_r

lol@Dendo