Sign in to follow this  
Wasser&Brot

To high Aplitude? Need advice..

Wasser&Brot

Hello :)

i want to ask u to help me with 1 of my QC pictures.. The Aplitude seems to be to high (333*) or am i wrong? Would u accept ? :)

Mariner89

no QC pics allowed mate

kennycoder

As far as amplitude goes watch movement has to be fully wound to start with. You just cannot measure in one position. Amplitude is the degree of rotation from the center point of beat rate until the balance is returned by the hairspring. A good running watch will have an average amplitude of 270 to around 310 at full wind, and around 220 to 260 at half wind.But dont read to much into a single amplitude reading say tested in one position and by whatever machine its tested on.As regulation is a very very simple task for any good watchmaker,its accomplished by turning the Microstella adjustment screws and nuts.The two smaller Microstella screws make adjustments of one second for each turn, and the larger Microstella, two seconds for one turn, but rate adjustment on the balance wheel its around a max of 30-50 seconds either way.The amplitude could also be effected by the lubrication on the pallet stones myself would not worry over small differences in amplitude its easily rectified.

Wasser&Brot

Thanks Mariner89. Ive edited my Post.

And Thank you kennycoder!! Realy nice Post !