Sign in to follow this  
myztikal47

Hello ladies and gents

myztikal47

Hey guys, just registered today, I guess you can call me a Repgeek refugee, I have no idea what happened to that place. I haven't visited any rep forums in probably 6 months because I was spending too much money, I was always at repgeek and it seems thats it's gone now (anyone wanna fill me in?). Anyways, I just graduated from college 3 weeks ago with my BS in Electrical Engineering and now I've been sitting at home looking for a job. Hopefully I won't go one a spending spree again (not until I get a job atleast :)).

Legger
Hey guys, just registered today, I guess you can call me a Repgeek refugee, I have no idea what happened to that place. I haven't visited any rep forums in probably 6 months because I was spending too much money, I was always at repgeek and it seems thats it's gone now (anyone wanna fill me in?). Anyways, I just graduated from college 3 weeks ago with my BS in Electrical Engineering and now I've been sitting at home looking for a job. Hopefully I won't go one a spending spree again (not until I get a job atleast :)).

Welcome!

I can guarantee your spending spree will begin before you know it!

Which watches do you like?

greg_r

Welcome to the nuthouse!

RG seem to be having server problems. Nobody seems to know whether the site will be back up again - they've had a difficult time over the last year, so we'll just have to wait and see. Meantime you should see plenty of familiar faces - including some RG staff (notably sfa437) here :)

Demsey

Run!

Demsey
Nobody seems to know whether the site will be back up again - they've had a difficult time over the last year

Good God. Could you imagine the mind fuck of the mass influx of RepGeek members here? It's bad enough when they go down for scheduled maintenance and you give them their own sub-forum for the week-end.

Those guys have been walking the moderated thin line so long they'd lose it here. They'd purge over five years of pent up trolling tendencies. John and I would be lost to being the 'reasonable ones'. Fuck. Can't have that.

The Grinch couldn't stop Christmas, but I have to stop this. But how? But how? Oh, hell, I know. Does anyone have Joey's registered e-mail addy from RG? I got work to do.

greg_r

LOL - do not panic. Every time RG goes down, we get a small influx. About 90% of them go "WTF?" and rapidly head for RWGJr or RWI. The remainder fit right in :)

dingle

Welcome! :)

:) @ dems

Demsey
About 90% of them go "WTF?" and rapidly head for RWGJr or RWI.

Oh, OK then. I must have misunderestimated them.

Why are you laughing? What's so funny? It's a word. The last president used it often. I guess he'd know.

AllergyDoc
...I haven't visited any rep forums in probably 6 months because I was spending too much money...

The only cure for blowing hard-earned dough on fake watches.

Aside from old fashioned restraint, that is. :poke:

myztikal47

LOL @ you guys, I like this place already! I usually spend most of the hours in my day in the off-topic section of a BMW board where we are, for the most part, allowed to run rampant. On repgeek I was always in the FS/FT section or just reading guides and such, so the moderation didn't really bother me.

As far as my favorite watches go, Breitling is def #1, and Chopard is #2 in my book. I have the Flying B, which I use as a daily and have beat it to hell, and the Bentley GT which unfortunately stopped working (can anyone suggest someone who can repair it without having to wait months?) and I have 2 Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL chronos, one in white, one in gray (gray one doesn't work :poke:).

Del

Hello and welcome :poke:.

chum_2000_uk
LOL @ you guys, I like this place already! I usually spend most of the hours in my day in the off-topic section of a BMW board where we are, for the most part, allowed to run rampant.

What beemer you got fella?

myztikal47
LOL @ you guys, I like this place already! I usually spend most of the hours in my day in the off-topic section of a BMW board where we are, for the most part, allowed to run rampant.

What beemer you got fella?

I have a 96 328i which is kinda dead, misfiring extremely badly, need to find time to fix it, and I have a '97 M3 which I LOVE!!

greg_r
LOL @ you guys, I like this place already! I usually spend most of the hours in my day in the off-topic section of a BMW board where we are, for the most part, allowed to run rampant. On repgeek I was always in the FS/FT section or just reading guides and such, so the moderation didn't really bother me.

Yeah, we do "rampant" quite a lot 'round here :)

As far as my favorite watches go, Breitling is def #1, and Chopard is #2 in my book. I have the Flying B, which I use as a daily and have beat it to hell, and the Bentley GT which unfortunately stopped working (can anyone suggest someone who can repair it without having to wait months?) and I have 2 Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL chronos, one in white, one in gray (gray one doesn't work :lol:).

You might like to try "14060 or 16610?" He's one of RWI's resident watchsmiths but is also a member here. Drop him a PM - he might be able to help.

myztikal47

Yeah, we do "rampant" quite a lot 'round here :D

You might like to try "14060 or 16610?" He's one of RWI's resident watchsmiths but is also a member here. Drop him a PM - he might be able to help.

Thanks for the info greg, I sent him a PM on RWI since surprsingly (even I didn't remember) I've been a member there for almost 2 years lol.

Oh and theres nothing better than running rampant and teaching people lessons, but of course you must be well versed in the subject which you are about to school the n00b in, happens a lot on the bmw boards and all the senior members love it lol.

chum_2000_uk
I have a 96 328i which is kinda dead, misfiring extremely badly, need to find time to fix it, and I have a '97 M3 which I LOVE!!

I love that shape M3 E36 right? One of my friends had one a number of years ago, a convertible. Used to get loads of attention at the time.

I'm thinking of getting a 330ci E46