Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

UNSATISFACTORY Gen Omega Service

Genius
Gee, but I thought that the big name watch companies were cutting off all parts and materials to anybody but their factory service centers because their quality was so high compared to the hacks out in the rest of the watch repair world....../sarcasm off.

Says a lot don't it, you can't use your own watchmakers because they cant get the bits so the workload for the authorised service centres is about to much higher.

You reckon with much more work the quality of that work will get better or worse

unreformed66
Gee, but I thought that the big name watch companies were cutting off all parts and materials to anybody but their factory service centers because their quality was so high compared to the hacks out in the rest of the watch repair world....../sarcasm off.

Says a lot don't it, you can't use your own watchmakers because they cant get the bits so the workload for the authorised service centres is about to much higher.

You reckon with much more work the quality of that work will get better or worse

It can't get all that much worse can it? I tell the story once in a while of a friend of mine who bought a used Rolex Lady Datejust for his wife from an AD who had had it serviced at the Rolex service center. They gave him the receipt for the repair when he bought the watch. I was running a watch repair shop on the side at the time. My friend brought the watch to me saying it wouldn't run right and kept gaining time. I put it on my old MU700 timing machine and it was of course gaining. I took the back off and everything looked spotless. I was at a loss as to why it was running so poorly (bad amplitude and all) until I removed the self-winding mechanism. It was filthy underneath. They had taken off the self-winding parts and bridge and cleaned them and put them right back on a dirty movement. And I mean DIRTY! Once I cleaned the watch everything was fine and has been for over 10 years now. She wears the watch daily, and I keep telling her it's time for another service...

LightGeek

Well, it's back and I didn't even get a nice email from them saying it shipped.

e025c4b0482523e3995213d87b1f32f6.jpg

LightGeek
5740cd6cc2a4da66fb67d9c37f7cf10f.jpg

LightGeek
8257fc537a0b36d0941886868d9e2039.jpg

LightGeek

At first glance, she's good. Photo with watch of the day.

I forgot YET AGAIN to send it with all the links so they can polish the spares.

Oh well.

71341a4e851840fcb39d0bfdba1bd891.jpg

MoveAlong

Glad it's back home and good!

Mike on a bike

Hmmm so the Gen tinkers fuckup also it would seem we maybe a bit hard on our tinkers, now the Gen tinkers all have their certs right.......................

Mr Stubbs

Hmmm so the Gen tinkers fuckup also it would seem we maybe a bit hard on our tinkers, now the Gen tinkers all have their certs right.......................

The gen tinks make up for their lack of certs with chutzpah. A ONE TIME GOODWILL DIAL CHANGE after they've rogered your high-end watch is a snotty way of saying don't expect quality service in the future. Dicks.

RUSH2112

The gen tinks make up for their lack of certs with chutzpah. A ONE TIME GOODWILL DIAL CHANGE after they've rogered your high-end watch is a snotty way of saying don't expect quality service in the future. Dicks.

That put me off as well. Omega is one of the main brands I would consider going gen in but the attitude throughout this ordeal makes me doubt I will. Next time someone comes in ranting about us buying reps they should be directed to this thread.

MoveAlong

Yeah, that is totally douchey of them. They fuck it up and then act they're doing you a favor. Still wankers!

Kernow

I have 2 'new' Omegas' when it's time for service I'll certainly be taking high res photos before they leave my hands. Shocking service TBH.

LightGeek

Yeah, that is totally douchey of them. They fuck it up and then act they're doing you a favor. Still wankers!

Yep. I really don't know what to say. Like I mentioned, I didn't even get a return shipping notice this time.

LightGeek

On the plus side, they just replaced the handset last time making mismatched glow. Now with a full dial change, the lume actually matches/works...

2fb76d47d104b00dc895cfe47a3d0842.jpg

e0699ece70663a0dc4a88acb383ef3e5.jpg

Sakurai

The lume improvement with the new dial is truly spectacular, and you do have an awesome moonie now at the end of all of this. Still it is amazing how poorly they handled this, from the initial scratching of the dial and trying to pin it on you right through to the 'one time goodwill' crap and sending it back without notice. Seems they dropped the ball not only on doing the actual job right in the first place, but also on comms and overall attitude. Bloody wankers.

It is a brilliant watch though!! :boobies2: