Sign in to follow this  
Left Coast Guy

What's the deal with terrible reps?

Left Coast Guy

I just ran to the store for some pizza, beer and whatnot for the Dodgers/Mets game tonight, and when I get up to the register, I notice the guy in front of me is sporting a no-date Sub. Being horologically minded, I leaned in slyly to take a closer look and admire.....only to see that its stopped!! Seconds wasn't moving and the time was a good 5 hours off!!

I just don't get it, whats the point of wearing a watch if it doesn't even tell the time? I mean its one thing wearing a rep, but a rep that doesn't even run? So weird....

myaz

My wife puts whatever watch on. Some have the right time and some don't. If it's an automatic, she doesn't bother to get it going and set the time, much less the date.

Sigh, I don't get it, I'm gonna stop getting her watches.

Cubic Hare

I have no answer but to say "Even a broken watch is right twice a day"

Left Coast Guy

Well it's like if you don't care if it runs, why do you buy a rep??? Like, how much of a fool do you look if someone asks you the time???? You look at your watch and say "I don't know"?

RussP

It may not have been a rep, just a lazy wearer that didn't realise that his watch had stopped ?

Viquito

I sometimes do that if I'm feeling lazy & just going for pizza... :)

Wasn't me though, I've been tied up all day not going for pizza :boxedin:

I know better though lol

JSJ

I think where you went wrong was going to a pizza place. Just don't get the right class of people in there.

Try a French restaurant next time. Also, try watching a gentleman's sport like cricket. But not at the same time. Watching sport and eating at the same time, very uncouth.

Genius

I've got a mate who wears a gen rolex it broke 3 years ago but to her is just jewellery so she hasn't bothered fixing it. I tried explaining to her, even suggested cheap watchmakers but she doesn't care weather it tells the time she looks at her phone

Kleen™

...and sincewhen have wearing a watch been about telling time? Effin noob...;)

Daywatch

That was a tourist from Europe and his watch was showing home-time with a five hour time lag - until it finally stopped :lmao:

Anything mechanical has to work, it´s the beauty about it, even looks become secondary, old, worn, beaten, the shine is off, it all doesn´t matter, but car or watch, mechanically it has to be sound.

Gazzla
96Bpkyd.gif

Dr Yan

Watches are jewellery ......mobile phones tell the time

BadPickle

Watches are jewellery ......mobile phones tell the time

yes ;)

it says rolex on the dial, which boosts this persons social status up artificially higher than his mind can accept.

rolex=cool

no rolex=not cool

job done :D

bgreg
My wife puts whatever watch on. Some have the right time and some don't. If it's an automatic, she doesn't bother to get it going and set the time, much less the date.

Sigh, I don't get it, I'm gonna stop getting her watches.

Mine too I just buy her quartz now....drives me nuts.