Sign in to follow this  
mspangl

genuine navitimer dial?

mspangl

hi guys..

i contacted a guy over at rwgjr and asked him for gen breitling navitimer parts

such as dial,movement,strap,boxset etc

im about to spend 2 grands at this project and wanted to ask whether this dial is real or not..

imag02320qbz.jpg

and yes.. it has got some hairlines which i dont mind actually

im just sceptical to get conned :/ .. please help me!

djprone

That looks genuine to me mate. Its the navitimer 2 dial btw if you didn't know.

mspangl
That looks genuine to me mate. Its the navitimer 2 dial btw if you didn't know.

always gettin smarter.. alright thanks!

still waitin for pollux' reply since he got a gen

djprone

Yes, i'm sure he'll tell you its gen, but its best to be safe! The reps seem subdials are always too close to each other whereas this one seems to be spaced apart correctly.

Good luck with the build, i'll look forward to the pictures.

mspangl

here are the specs for the build if youre interested..

rep case.. gen case isnt sourceable :D

gen dial+gen hands

gen crown

gen croc /w deployant

gen caliber 13 movement

gen boxset with cosc papers for the movement

djprone

That sounds quality! To be honest, from what i've seen the rep cases are pretty spot on so i don't think you'll have any problems there. As you can probably tell i'm a bit of a Breitling fan, are you going to be taking pictures during the build? I'm looking forwards to seeing it with interest. Good luck mate

mspangl
That sounds quality! To be honest, from what i've seen the rep cases are pretty spot on so i don't think you'll have any problems there. As you can probably tell i'm a bit of a Breitling fan, are you going to be taking pictures during the build? I'm looking forwards to seeing it with interest. Good luck mate

ill have domi building it.. can ask him if he could take pics during the procedure

atm i gotta raise the funds coz christmas just passed by and i bought 2 gen lv bags for my gf :D

Inushuk

Sorry guys for me it does not look Gen.

How do you explain the difference on the alignment when it is ok @ index 60 (12:00) but no more @index 10 (3:00) and obvious @ index 25 (between 7 and 8)

Maybe it is just because not into the watch that there is a difference ...

but this difference is one of the big tell on Navitimer Rep (with the sinking date)

navitimerdial2.jpg

This is the OLD NAVITIMER II

reference guide here : http://www.breitlingsource.com/models/navitimer.html

and : http://www.lesmala.net/jean-michel/navitimer/index2.htm

mspangl
Sorry guys for me it does not look Gen.

How do you explain the difference on the alignment when it is ok @ index 60 (12:00) but no more @index 10 (3:00) and obvious @ index 25 (between 7 and 8)

Maybe it is just because not into the watch that there is a difference ...

but this difference is one of the big tell on Navitimer Rep (with the sinking date)

navitimerdial2.jpg

This is the OLD NAVITIMER II

reference guide here : http://www.breitlingsource.com/models/navitimer.html

and : http://www.lesmala.net/jean-michel/navitimer/index2.htm

ye but mate.. notice that the white thing isnt alligned properly.. not glued on the dial or however u attach that thing to the dial

its just not put on properly i guess// got 4 pos feedbacks so far about defender

i could also choose an arabic dial which is brand new ..

img_0209gqnq.jpg

pollux1

Both dials seem to be gen to me. Personally I would go for the Arabic one seeing as the build is costing so much. :lol:

djprone

Hmmm, i'm not too sure that arabic dial is gen, i could be wrong and am doubting myself because pollux thinks its gen, but to me the sub dials are in the wrong place, on the gen they seem to encroach into the minute markers more, also, the 'swiss made' sign seems to be really squashed in. But pollux will know more than me, so i'd probably be happy with what he says.

The first one definitely looks real to me though, once the ring is connected properly, i'm sure it will all line up - seems to be a trick of the eye to me.

Inushuk
ye but mate.. notice that the white thing isnt alligned properly.. not glued on the dial or however u attach that thing to the dial its just not put on properly i guess

you probably right ... so it might be gen

mspangl
ye but mate.. notice that the white thing isnt alligned properly.. not glued on the dial or however u attach that thing to the dial its just not put on properly i guess

you probably right ... so it might be gen

im quite sceptical too.. gonna spend about 1600€ on this project + whatever domi takes for assembling the watch

djprone

Scrap what i said, just done some research and the subdials seem to be correct for that style dial. Both look gen :rolleyes: