Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

VDB Goes To Shit! Flushing Down The Sticky Diarrhea

Baldrick
+1.. baldy's bomb is now but a stinky fart only his wife sniffed..What a let down!

Ernie, I iz jus' funnin' wit ya 'gin, do you seriously think that I'd open up the members on this forum ( the good members, the serious ones ), to a shitload of (admittedly deserved), criticism regarding this hobby and the idiotic extremes that some will go to in order to derive some unsubstantiated pleasure from the acquisition of cheap Chinese fakes and trying to lend them some degree of 'credence' and historicity, the members on TZ etc etc...are just as sanctimonious as those dopey 'fake vintage' collectors amongst these fora, only upside to their situation is that they at least invest in something which has both provenance and future resale value, but they would be extremely scathing about our 'hobby'.

I have never quite understood the fascination that some people have towards this 'vintage' aspect, whether it be for Rolex Subs or Panny's, in the world of fakes, yes I shall call them fakes, it has no real substantive appeal or value, the feeling of picking up an unadorned WWII Japanese Officer's katana or a pair of 17th century Hussars epaulettes or indeed in acquiring a genuine vintage Panerai, cannot be enshrined in a mish mash of Chinese fakery / "gen" parts and A1 sauce mix, anyone who thinks it can is deluding themselves, those members who "invested' thousands, nay tens of thousands of dollars in these erroneous ephemera are in need of a 'wake up to reality' pill.

One can only imagine a GTG somewhere, say Paris. and a room full of these dolts, passing VDB 'vintages' amongst each other with admiring glances, ooh's and ahhh's and concealed envy over another member's 'vintage 5513 or whatever, drunk on the heady passion for acquiring 'vintage' and no REAL champagne in sight, only sparkly wine :cry:

To wit to woo, to what purpose would anyone spend thousands on these fabrications , I can't imagine, as for attestations to the 'artistry' of said 'modders', who would deliver the panegyric, perhaps Mr Stallone or Mr Bonatti waxing lyrical about the achievements of the mountebanks who have profited so handsomely from the gullibility of the roomful of schlemiels with more money than sense. :cry:

AllergyDoc
Found this on another forum... :cry:

http://a1-replicas.com

Looks gen! How much you want?

:cry:

Baldrick

Can I have it with fries and Coke lite,oh and dun 'fget a couple of sachets of A1, has to be A1, hmmmm :cry:

pollux1

Good move not posting on any gen forums BR. It's hard to imagine anyone in their right mind spending that amount on reps which are MADE to LOOK vintage.

:cry:

Baldrick

@pollux, I would never do that, it's just as bad ( or worse ), than those idiots who post fakes on gen forums, not to be done :cry:

ebzen02

Come on only 17 pages.. we've got to do better than W-C! They had like 36 pages.. Although I think we have more post 1/2 were copy and pasted from over there..lol!

Mattuss.. Welcome to RWG..

A1-Sauce

Heard there is a massive need for me. Thought I'd sauce your dials.

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Jackass. :cry:

solkryssare

Can I have some please?

A1-Sauce

What? I am SAUCE! A1 SAUCE! I do all of the following:

Bind to Dials... Check

hold the movement ring...check

hold the plexi on a fake ass watch..yup...check

make that fake ass watch run smoothly and aromatically.. check

make your sad pathetic day better..check

give you back your $5000..oh..oh..nope..

But I can..

be the topping on your fav steak

be used as pixxy dust of sorts to make a crummy rusty old fake ass watch look like it is worth $5000, but in fact cost $200...a-hum..yummy yum!

Edited by A1-Sauce

sfa437

Can I have some please?

Good catch on that Rollie Solk- glad you passed on it! :D

A1-Sauce

Can I have some please?

want some SAUCE? Makes your head and back screws last longer..

Edited by A1-Sauce

10:10 Watch Repair

Well, this has been the most entertaining day ever on the forums.

Hasta luego from my end of the earth.

A1-Sauce
Well, this has been the most entertaining day ever on the forums.

Hasta luego from my end of the earth.

Sleep Saucy my friend..

solkryssare

Can I have some please?

Thanks :D After the 1665/verbal kint mess, Im glad I didnt fall for another vintage scam.

wat44

their pages have half the posts per page as here...

A1-Sauce

Can I have some please?

Thanks :D After the 1665/verbal kint mess, Im glad I didnt fall for another vintage scam.

Too bad you didn't get a whiff of that yummy aged A1 Sauce. Oh! Shucks!

trailboss99

You mad lot do realise that the sauce to age a dial trick is used by more modders than just VDB, yes?

It's been around for quite a while and is generally accepted as a legit technique. I don't think we can

hold that one against him. The real issue here is non gen bits being passed off as gen.

Col.

A1-Sauce
You mad lot do realise that the sauce to age a dial trick is used by more modders than just VDB, yes?

It's been around for quite a while and is generally accepted as a legit technique. I don't think we can

hold that one against him. The real issue here is non gen bits being passed off as gen.

Col.

You should sell SAUCE on your store front. You would make more $$$ now.

Brightlight
You mad lot do realise that the sauce to age a dial trick is used by more amateur modders than just VDB, yes?

Col.

Fixed it for you Col. I've come across all this sort of thing in the guitar vintagising line, coffee, tea, sauce, only limited by fevered imaginations. It can be an unpleasant job to clean it off too! Not necessary or even hygenic to use food products there are plenty of dyes, pigments and chemicals around which do a better and more permanent job

Brightlight
Hey what do you know, I'm not to be banned from W-C yet! I find I am actually a miserable jealous person spouting anger and hatred according to Joewatch -

I actually find your comments and the other ones on RWG or RWI or wherever rather amusing. Its the same group of miserable jealous people spouting anger and hatred. There are sonme guys who talk bad about me that I have no idea who they are.

and he is unrepentant -

The VDB's arent "skin deep" I had 10 VDBs (spent over 30K) now I have 4, loved everyone of them and glad I bought them all. With the exception of a few, they all worked fine. The ones that didnt, were fixed by a watchsmith. I still say that VDB makes agreat watch. The problem is that he reperesnted gen parts that werent.

And Joe's expert view on what is and what is not 'vintage' -

I never said other creations didnt compare to VDB just that they werent true to vintage, throwing acid on a dial or leaving underwater for a while or throwing a case and a crystal in a bag with rocks doesnt make it vintage.

More to be pitied than scorned I feel. But I don't think I will bother with W-C any more, the self delusionist nature of the place would get me down.

Very Interesting stuff.. This was via PM?

Yes this was a PM. I have to say it didn't improve my opinion of said Joewatch. His closing sentences said it all -

At the end of the day, I enjoy all my watches, 10 reps, 4 VDBs and over 40 gens. I enjoy the great site I have and everything else in my life. So i wont ban you, you can come look and lurk and say whatever you want on other sites.

solkryssare

And this from a guy who claims to have class :D

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Pride is a wonderful, terrible thing.

Baldrick
40 gens

Yeah, they're all from the bottom of the horological gene pool, a few Swatches ( none of the really collectible ones) and a smattering of Ebay and CQout dippers, nothing 'saucy' amongst thm tho', still, he has a 4 VDB's, that's only a small expenditure of $4k X 4 = $20k of A1 produce:rofl:

418_100_cb880c2.jpg

418_209_Neon11G1.jpg

B6Vi-FQB2kKGrHqUOKjkEyPQVwDHBMFJOLWQ_12.jpg